Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GeecheeNiner:
Amen brother! I approve this message

PD
I pledge allegiance.

So sick of this failure though.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by djb49:
The thread title may seem ridiculous, but the topic isn't.

I've been wanting to write this thread for a while yet had no time to do so. I understand that these forums are for everyone to do give their own individual opinions. I don't want to stop that from happening. But what I am sick and tired of is our own fans fighting each other over certain players.

I am first and foremost a 49ers fan. I have, do, and will get attached to certain players and hope and pray they become 49er-lifers. But while players may change, one thing remains a constant: these players play for the San Francisco 49ers.

I could care less whether it's Shaun Hill or Alex Smith that's the starting quarterback come game 1 this 2009 regular season. All I want is for whoever it is to play their hearts out and, hopefully, finally get us back into playoff contention. The 49ers as a whole is what I care about, and it is disheartening every time I hear people talk down about the 49ers.

So, this thread is for those of you who are like me and just want the 49ers to win, regardless what our depth chart may look like.

Been trying to get that point across for almost my entire time here.Some people tend to root for players more than the team...sign of the times I guess.

Nice post by the way.

same here, but ive come to accept the fact that no matter what you say or do, there are people in here that feed of negativity and thats what they do best
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

I've been wanting to write this thread for a while yet had no time to do so. I understand that these forums are for everyone to do give their own individual opinions. I don't want to stop that from happening. But what I am sick and tired of is our own fans fighting each other over certain players.

I am first and foremost a 49ers fan. I have, do, and will get attached to certain players and hope and pray they become 49er-lifers. But while players may change, one thing remains a constant: these players play for the San Francisco 49ers.

I could care less whether it's Shaun Hill or Alex Smith that's the starting quarterback come game 1 this 2009 regular season. All I want is for whoever it is to play their hearts out and, hopefully, finally get us back into playoff contention. The 49ers as a whole is what I care about, and it is disheartening every time I hear people talk down about the 49ers.

So, this thread is for those of you who are like me and just want the 49ers to win, regardless what our depth chart may look like.

Been trying to get that point across for almost my entire time here.Some people tend to root for players more than the team...sign of the times I guess.

Nice post by the way.

same here, but ive come to accept the fact that no matter what you say or do, there are people in here that feed of negativity and thats what they do best

truth

My name is mike singletary and I approve this message
Originally posted by Dino:
we all want the 49ers to win. doesn't matter if we dislike a certain player, or hate on him. we want the niners to do well. nuff said.

I completely agree. Saying disliking a player doesn't mean you want him to fail as a 49er, it usually means you think his chances of succeeding aren't very good.

I couldn't agree more man! I would also like to add that people need to stop INDIVIDUALIZING this game and look at it more critically and understand it is more than one person's fault when WE lose.

I think the mistake you're making is that you assume that fans who complain vociferously about players doing poorly, coaches making mistakes and the front office screwing up aren't good fans. They are just as invested in the 49ers success as you are, but they see problems and voice their opinions whereas you take the "glass is half full" route and don't. This doesn't mean they're rooting against the Niners at all; it simply means that they are frustrated and need to vent. When you read their posts--some of which are very venomous and angry--you mistake that anger toward individuals and circumstances as being an attack on the team. It's like having a teenage daughter who dates the biggest screwup in high school--you love her and you care about her well-being more than anything, but you can't believe how stupid she's being.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Nice post by the way.

truth

Actually, a lot of us are POSITIVE that Smith is a bust and are POSITIVE that the Niners ownership are a bunch of bodankers.
Originally posted by 9eridiot:

Nice post by the way.

truth

Actually, a lot of us are POSITIVE that Smith is a bust and are POSITIVE that the Niners ownership are a bunch of bodankers.

lol this is a constant war vs optimists, pessimists, and realists....which side are you on?

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 9eridiot:

Nice post by the way.

truth

lol this is a constant war vs optimists, pessimists, and realists....which side are you on?

Obviously, I'm a REALIST.
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
And when one QB loses the game, be prepared.

Be prepared for what? one QB cannot lose a game by himself ......... 11 players on each side of the ball.

I am in full agreement with the original post here. I am a fan of the red and gold. the players will change, but the team is what I/we root for!

A QB can lose a game by him self I've seen it happen, hell I've seen it happen in the Playoffs. But I think point being made, Alex shouldn't be starting that should of been apparent 2 years ago let alone now. Bottom line we have a very good team and a busted QB. We are like a carbon copy of the 2008 Panthers, we may actually still make the Playoffs in spite of our lack of a QB, but if and when we get there just like those Panthers we aren't going to be able to do a thing, because of Alex.
I don't care who does what. I just want them to win. I don't have a favorite QB. I don't care for any of them. I think we have better players than we have had in some time. What happened on Sunday was ridiculous. If they were having so much trouble with play calling, why didn't they bring Raye down for the second half? Why leave him up in the booth when they are having such a difficult time getting their act together? I have to amend the statement about better players to not include the QB position.
im with you IM A 49ERS FAN FOR LIFE..but pls JUST WIN baby!
Share 49ersWebzone