There are 248 users in the forums

Official: I'm a San Francisco 49ers Fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dino
  • Veteran
we all want the 49ers to win. doesn't matter if we dislike a certain player, or hate on him. we want the niners to do well. nuff said.
Originally posted by Dino:
we all want the 49ers to win. doesn't matter if we dislike a certain player, or hate on him. we want the niners to do well. nuff said.

Right on Dino,some people make you wonder about that though.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
And when one QB loses the game, be prepared.

for the sky to fall in?
seconded. I love this team! All I want is for them to WIN!
Originally posted by djb49:
The thread title may seem ridiculous, but the topic isn't.

I've been wanting to write this thread for a while yet had no time to do so. I understand that these forums are for everyone to do give their own individual opinions. I don't want to stop that from happening. But what I am sick and tired of is our own fans fighting each other over certain players.

I am first and foremost a 49ers fan. I have, do, and will get attached to certain players and hope and pray they become 49er-lifers. But while players may change, one thing remains a constant: these players play for the San Francisco 49ers.

I could care less whether it's Shaun Hill or Alex Smith that's the starting quarterback come game 1 this 2009 regular season. All I want is for whoever it is to play their hearts out and, hopefully, finally get us back into playoff contention. The 49ers as a whole is what I care about, and it is disheartening every time I hear people talk down about the 49ers.

So, this thread is for those of you who are like me and just want the 49ers to win, regardless what our depth chart may look like.

Can I get an amen?

There's a quote from another thread that pretty directly states a hope that the team fails, not because of a player, but because the poster disagrees with the decision to hire Singletary. So unfortunately we don't all want the Niners to win as I also had originally thought.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Um, I think everybody on this forum is a 49er fan or they wouldn't be here.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gravelburn:

There's a quote from another thread that pretty directly states a hope that the team fails, not because of a player, but because the poster disagrees with the decision to hire Singletary. So unfortunately we don't all want the Niners to win as I also had originally thought.

well, i stand corrected.

If he wants the niners to fail just b/c of the singletary hire, he has problems.

i can't wait until the season starts!!!

GO NINERS!
I agree with you wholeheartedly. It seems to get lost sometimes in the passion of it all to microanalyze individuals, then the very thing we support ends up sounding like we are cheering for failure.....
Players come and go it's all about the TEAM.
We could trade rosters with the cowboys, and I would still bleed red and gold
Originally posted by gravelburn:

well, i stand corrected.

If he wants the niners to fail just b/c of the singletary hire, he has problems.

i can't wait until the season starts!!!

GO NINERS!

I'm no psychoanalyst, so maybe guys like them have legitimate reasons, but I can't think of any. Fortunately, he's one of very few who probably get a lot more attention than they deserve. I'm sure the other 99.9% of posters on this forum bleed red and gold.

I agree, this offseason is dragging on FAR too long. I'm gonna go tackle someone on the street I'm so pumped up. I just hope we can finally turn the corner this year.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Just because you love the Niners doesn't mean you have to like every player on the team.
Originally posted by crzy:
Just because you love the Niners doesn't mean you have to like every player on the team.

...or every decision the team makes. But you still hope the team wins.

[ Edited by gravelburn on Jun 27, 2009 at 11:46:58 ]
Originally posted by djb49:
The thread title may seem ridiculous, but the topic isn't.

I've been wanting to write this thread for a while yet had no time to do so. I understand that these forums are for everyone to do give their own individual opinions. I don't want to stop that from happening. But what I am sick and tired of is our own fans fighting each other over certain players.

I am first and foremost a 49ers fan. I have, do, and will get attached to certain players and hope and pray they become 49er-lifers. But while players may change, one thing remains a constant: these players play for the San Francisco 49ers.

I could care less whether it's Shaun Hill or Alex Smith that's the starting quarterback come game 1 this 2009 regular season. All I want is for whoever it is to play their hearts out and, hopefully, finally get us back into playoff contention. The 49ers as a whole is what I care about, and it is disheartening every time I hear people talk down about the 49ers.

So, this thread is for those of you who are like me and just want the 49ers to win, regardless what our depth chart may look like.

Wow ..........So there IS positive people here on the Zone.
Share 49ersWebzone