There are 148 users in the forums

A tribute to former role players

Shop Find 49ers gear online

my fav Niner RB
great pic!! I miss that rivalry.
Do you guys know what a role player is? A pro bowler is not a role player. A backup that never played is not a role player. Not a guy drafted in the first or second round. A guy who did it for more than one season. I think Jeff Ulbrich type.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Do you guys know what a role player is? A pro bowler is not a role player. A backup that never played is not a role player. Not a guy drafted in the first or second round. A guy who did it for more than one season. I think Jeff Ulbrich type.

aka Ted Popson. But I think everyond dropped the original thread and started going with "remember this guy" type of names
thanks wolfpack...some of these guys were starters are team desperately depended on! i'm talking about the Cedrick Wilson type!
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Pure rock star!! The dude made the pro bowl in one of our worst seasons.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
WR Mike Wilson. Practice squad to 4 Super Bowl rings.

Outstanding call !!!!! Mike Wilson was clutch.
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by footballfreak49:
we cant forget Kevan Barlow! he was a great complement to Hearst.
Awe twinkle toes barlow lol, he called nolan out on his dictatorship lol

lol he turned out to be right but i bet everyone on 9er talk was hating him and calling him a malcontent and stuff.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

lol he turned out to be right but i bet everyone on 9er talk was hating him and calling him a malcontent and stuff.

Ha ha true dat man, lol everyone was calling nolan a genious cause nolan was able to get picks for loyd, barlow lol ya know he talked em up and traded em away ha ha. Barlow went from praising nolan to wtf he is hitler he is sadam lol it was funny bro. I keep wanting to call ya smith 2 da.........ya I aint used to your name change lol. Yeah barlow got torched for his accusations. And well we laughed we cried, thanks for the memories twinkle toes barlow lol
Ha ha true dat man, lol everyone was calling nolan a genious cause nolan was able to get picks for loyd, barlow lol ya know he talked em up and traded em away ha ha. Barlow went from praising nolan to wtf he is hitler he is sadam lol it was funny bro. I keep wanting to call ya smith 2 da.........ya I aint used to your name change lol. Yeah barlow got torched for his accusations. And well we laughed we cried, thanks for the memories twinkle toes barlow lol

lol ya and what about eric johnson? dude gets no love here.

lol ya and what about eric johnson? dude gets no love here.

Eric johnson was the man, lol his b day is the day before mine, and I share mine wit jennifer tilly lol. He was our only receiving threat for the season him and rattay was together. Then he got hurt. Unfortunately johnson only got like 3 td's that season as well. But he did have like 85 receptions and kept moving the chains.
Eric johnson deserves the recognition lol
Originally posted by DJD:
Pure rock star!! The dude made the pro bowl in one of our worst seasons.

umm...lets stick to former players.
  • DROB
  • Info N/A
Ted Popson

P Holt

D. Walker

M. Pope
Who here remembers the great two years that Charlie Garner had in 1999-2000 before moving on to the Raiders?

He could run a draw play better than any RB I've seen.

And how about Marc Logan, FB -- very versatile and a good change up to Rathman.
I almost forgot about Charlie Garner! He was the RB when TO visited the star :)
Share 49ersWebzone