LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

How Often does P.Willis Blitz?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NANO !!!!!
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by fryet:
I think Nolan talked about this a few years back. When you send Willis on a blitz, the blitz can be nullified based on the play call of the offense. If the offense calls the correct play, you have just taken your best player off the field. On the other hand, if you let Willis react to the play as a MLB should, he can flow to where the ball is going, and be involved in many more plays.

this

but those A gap blitzes are so effective and with the players we have it would be so much harder to stop. i am not even sure you could run a screen, willis will get there before it devvelops.
should we blitz him on 3rd and 10+, no. but he should definnatly be sent more than he has been.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by fryet:
I think Nolan talked about this a few years back. When you send Willis on a blitz, the blitz can be nullified based on the play call of the offense. If the offense calls the correct play, you have just taken your best player off the field. On the other hand, if you let Willis react to the play as a MLB should, he can flow to where the ball is going, and be involved in many more plays.

this

but those A gap blitzes are so effective and with the players we have it would be so much harder to stop. i am not even sure you could run a screen, willis will get there before it devvelops.
should we blitz him on 3rd and 10+, no. but he should definnatly be sent more than he has been.

He will be going alot this season. You can already see it this preseason.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Play a 4-1-6 prevent defense, Boom problem solved, and then we only need to keep 1 LB on the roster who blitzes every play and then we can keep Bruce Davis, Tukuafu, Boone, Sims, Taylor, and Adams on the roster. Championship!

or we could just stick to the f*cking plan and be a top 5 scoring defense like last year.

Wow. A 4-1 front is sooo easy to run on, especially on the edges. If we run this type of defense, teams will never pass on us and will run everytime and Willis will lead the league in tackles with 200.
Share 49ersWebzone