LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

All Tasman? (Lynch's OTA Wrap article)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Smith emerged during the team's final minicamp and finished OTA's strong enough to get labeled "All-Tasman." That's the street that runs along Centennial where the team facility sits. Former coach Steve Mariucci came up with the name somewhat mockingly to calm those who got a little over eager about players who excel running around in shorts and helmets.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=42112

(P.S., I'm laughing at the name given for people excelling in shorts, this is not another Alex Smith attack. Rather Mariucci humorously reminds us not to get too excited this early in the season)

[ Edited by highwayone on Jun 22, 2009 at 06:47:49 ]
All this debate about Smith and Hill means nothing until here are people trying to take their heads off. We'll have to wait and see how each does during preseason games. Singletary can't possibly make a rational decision until he sees them under fire, especially Smith. Until then, you'd have to give the nod to Hill, who has certainly out-performed Smith in actual games.
Indeed it is too early to get overly excited about anyone's performance.I think that no matter who the starting QB is we are in a better position as a team than we have been in this decade.We have a stout D that will only get better with the big nickel done away with,and our offensive line should be better now that they aren't asked to hold their blocks for the seven step drop every passing down.Not to mention I think we have our best HC since Mooch.It is a good time to be a niner fan again,I think we are in for our first winning season in years.
i like the part when he talks about smiths stunning accuracy in the redzone drills............................
It's going to be a very interesting pre-season for a change.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Indeed it is too early to get overly excited about anyone's performance.I think that no matter who the starting QB is we are in a better position as a team than we have been in this decade.We have a stout D that will only get better with the big nickel done away with,and our offensive line should be better now that they aren't asked to hold their blocks for the seven step drop every passing down.Not to mention I think we have our best HC since Mooch.It is a good time to be a niner fan again,I think we are in for our first winning season in years.

+1.
Share 49ersWebzone