Not a member? Register Now!

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

• Menehune49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Menehune49:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The stick gets loud occasionally on 3rd's and big downs, just that the stadium is not a good at amplifying the noise as in other stadiums.

not all that true. there is way too many people not standing up and getting loud. it really disapoints me.

shoot what i've noticed is that the stick gets more loud when the offense is on the field on 3rd's and big downs. which is totally twisted and really disappoints me. ain't the crowd supposed to shut the hell up when the O is on the field and loud as f*%# when the defense is up. right?

That's how it's supposed to be, but what happens is the crowd starts cheering for the offense to make the big play, which does nothing but raise the possibility of a false start or a player not hearing the right signal. The ONLY time you should be cheering on offense is if a big play is being made, and by that I mean while it's in progress, not before the snap.

Thank you... now help me shush these mofo's and help them understand why is done that way.........cuz honestly my boys and i are tired of trying to hush some of the folks up in our section and all we get is the bird. we trying to do right but idiots just don't know.

[ Edited by Menehune49 on Jun 23, 2009 at 20:30:13 ]
I'm loud every single game. So are a bunch of others. The problem is there are too many old people that have had tickets since Kezar. They are great fans, but they can't make noise like the young folk, anymore.

So the rest of us just need to pick up the slack, and cheer even harder.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm loud every single game. So are a bunch of others. The problem is there are too many old people that have had tickets since Kezar. They are great fans, but they can't make noise like the young folk, anymore.

Fo sure Stoney. Yeah, I should have clarified myself. I know all of us on the this site cheer our asses off. I guess it was just something I really wanted to discuss and get to the root of, as well as hear others' views on it. I too soon forgot about how many old people were near me during some of the games I've been to. We need to get an infusion of youth in that stadium. It would do our image some good. I guess that'll come with success on the field. Our fans need an identity in this league marred with nationwide Bear, Packer, Cowboy, Eagle etc. fans.
We are pretty loud in Candlestick, just depends on where you're at....

I've been going the last 4 years and the loudest game was last year vs the Jets. Last 3 minutes of the fourth, we're up 24-17 and then we hold Favre to a 3rd and 8 after he threw for 2 first downs and it went to a time out, and then the Jumbotron starts playing "There's something about Mary" when Ben Stiller says "You should be happy with Favre", and then Cameron Diaz says " hey, i already told you, I'm a niners fan". After that, everyone, even the 85 year old couple next to me was up cheering and it was so loud i could barely stand b/c the shaking. Can't wait for next season, plan to be mute by March!!!

• Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I went to a game when TO was still on the squad and it was by far the quitest stadium I have ever been in.

Most fans I saw were too p***y to yell and make noise.

if you go to a a game let me know and you'll see a real fan
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
I was at the last playoff game at the stick when steve young hit T.O against the pack and trust me the Stick ROARS for good fottball
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:
I was at the last playoff game at the stick when steve young hit T.O against the pack and trust me the Stick ROARS for good fottball

That wasn't the last playoff game at Candlestick. The last time the 49ers had a home playoff game was the Jan 2003 win over the Giants.
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:

That wasn't the last playoff game at Candlestick. The last time the 49ers had a home playoff game was the Jan 2003 win over the Giants.

ohh yea forgot about that great game too

Dude........I LIKE TOTALLY posted that in the first page already. ..........

• jerryziggy81
  • Info N/A
I went to every game last year, and I agree the stick gets loud occasionally on 3rd downs. Can everyone imagine what it would be like for opposing teams if WE can be disruptive through the whole game, every down? I know it can be exhausting and when our team is down or on a losing streak just outright depressive, but WE are the 12th man!!! If WE want another championship WE have to be supportive and make as much noise as possible.

One thing I have noticed is that all the championship caliber teams have loud fans... now I am not saying WE should want to be like them. WE should want to be louder than them!

This thread should come back every time before each game. It's got me pumped just thinking about being able to contribute to a 6th championship, but it's not going to happen if everyone goes to the stick for a sun tan. Opposing teams should think twice about coming to OUR house
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Fo sure Stoney. Yeah, I should have clarified myself. I know all of us on the this site cheer our asses off. I guess it was just something I really wanted to discuss and get to the root of, as well as hear others' views on it. I too soon forgot about how many old people were near me during some of the games I've been to. We need to get an infusion of youth in that stadium. It would do our image some good. I guess that'll come with success on the field. Our fans need an identity in this league marred with nationwide Bear, Packer, Cowboy, Eagle etc. fans.

There are a ton of Niner fans here in Memphis,I was shocked when I realized just how many.I wish I could afford to come to a game in person,but unfortunately I just get to yell at the computer...so you all do me proud this year,I will be watching.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for 49erRider.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by NickDaNiner:
Originally posted by navarro49ers:
Hell yeah, Ive been told to sit down many times but there is no way I sit when its 3rd down. The good thing is it seems like the crowd atmosphere is getting better in the last couple seasons at the stick. Im in LB 1

GO NINERS!!!

man every time i start gettin loud or crazy i'm told by event staff or some lame fan to be quiet or sit down its rediculous... i can only really wild out on 3rd downs bull s**t!....

I watched security take a guy out of the stadium because people were complaining around him because he was "TOO LOUD" WTF it's a football game your supposed to be loud. I am tired of these "cheese and wine" fans. Stay home and watch it at home and let the real fans enjoy the game. I bood security and they threatened to take me out as well

The fact that you can report "unruly fans" via text message is not helping the situation at all.
Before we can vow to make the crowd loud.... The crowd needs to learn football fundamentals on when your supposed to cheer. I swear they should make a DVD and include it with Season ticket holders packages.

3rd Down on D we are soo quiet... and the fans around you tell you to sit down..

And when we are driving for a last minute possible touchdown... they are all cheering lets go niners in the middle of the play like WTF idiots.
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:

Dude........I LIKE TOTALLY posted that in the first page already. ..........

Yeah, well I've been saying that since I got season tickets over a decade ago, and on this site since before you were a member, so
Originally posted by jerryziggy81:
I went to every game last year, and I agree the stick gets loud occasionally on 3rd downs. Can everyone imagine what it would be like for opposing teams if WE can be disruptive through the whole game, every down? I know it can be exhausting and when our team is down or on a losing streak just outright depressive, but WE are the 12th man!!! If WE want another championship WE have to be supportive and make as much noise as possible.

One thing I have noticed is that all the championship caliber teams have loud fans... now I am not saying WE should want to be like them. WE should want to be louder than them!

This thread should come back every time before each game. It's got me pumped just thinking about being able to contribute to a 6th championship, but it's not going to happen if everyone goes to the stick for a sun tan. Opposing teams should think twice about coming to OUR house

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home