There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
The lack of respect being shown to older 49er fans especially long term season ticket holders who bought season tickets before 1981 is appalling . Just because I don’t scream my F**king head off on every defensive play some how I am not a Niner fan? Where the hell were you when we were only getting 35-40,000 fans a game until half way through the 1981 season when everyone became a 49er fan?

My family hasn’t gotten rid of our season tickets just because the product on the field since 2003 has been pure sh*t (even worse then the 70’s), however lot people have and attendance is down. Yes games “officially sell out” but the reality is that instead of 62-65,000+ fans it is more around 55,000 fans or less maybe this is why noise is down? I was at a game a few years back that had only 40-45,000 fans attend.

During the glory years Candlestick rocked with noise especially when playing the Cowboys, Rams. Ditka’s Bears, Parcells Giants and the playoffs. We taunted Ditka on Monday night to the point he threw gum at a fan (who of course pressed charges) and yelled so loud Jim Everett, QB of the Rams came unglued during the NFC Championship game. My dad told me stories about Kezar and a riot they had on the field (turned over a police van) after a Bear game. Those fans that started that riot are still coming to games to this day. Are you that rabid of a fan well some of our old timers are?

You don’t think us depend wearing, white wine sipping, f*cked up old farts can yell? Oh we can yell, we know the importance and have seen how the yelling has helped (examples above), however this team for the most part has not been worthy of our yelling because it has not made a difference. It has not had an emotional impact, stopped a drive, created a penalty or turnover. Sorry goes both ways if I am going to yell until my throat is red and I am spitting blood (which I did through out the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s) then you as a team sure as hell better perform.

Earlier someone complained about fans leaving early. When my 85 year old dad attends games we do leave early because we have had too many incidents where he has almost been knocked down, so before you condemn someone about leaving early you may want to consider why. If your 85 and still able to attend 49er games applaud the guy instead of putting him down. Plus that 85 year old man was sent off to war when he was 18 and lived in a fox hole so that our youth of today could attend college games, get drunk off there a** then go back to there dorm or apartment and f*ck there girlfriends.

Youth is a wonderful thing enjoy it while you have it because some day your going to have a drunk 20+ kid tell you that you’re a stupid fu*ked up old man (been said to me twice at 49er games while protecting my father) and at that moment you will be glad that old man of 48 who is ex-military, 6’2, 225 with 5% body fat has the wisdom to control his temper and not beat the sh*t out of you.
Flame on

so instead of getting into the game and rooting for your team you come on an internet forum and put on a tough guy act? Why not save that energy for the game. You can start by getting out of the chair and stop complaining about these so called young fans who are enthusiastic about their team like you USED to be to sit down because they might spill your wine and make you drop your cheese.

Quote:
Sir, if you have read the entire thread there was several posts that are personal attacks and offensive with respect to older individuals specifically the post by BigBug415 to BrodieFan. To Mr. BigBug415 credit he did publically apologize. When someone calls a 52 year old grandpa yes I will assume the person saying that is young. I guess those of us who are older are suppose to accept these attacks? My next question is would you? Why are you personally attacking me and making the assumptions that you are?

I never said you have to eccept anything that you feel is an attack. But I would think through your life experience you would already know that two wrongs don't make a right. But hey I guess some of us young bucks tend to learn that lesson earlier than some of you older folks. And I was in no way personally attacking you. Maybe you are a little to sensative to other people having different opinions than you and feel that anyone with a different opinion is attacking you. I would recommend not taking things so personally. This is just an internet forum.

Quote:
You are assuming I don’t root for my team. In reality by the end of a game I tend to have a very sore throat and knees (two ACL’s and titanium rod with 6 pins can’t stand like I use to) from getting up out of my chair sitting down, standing back up, going to the bathroom to deal with the beer unless I have had cheese.

Hey that is great that you can still do that and fight through the pain for your team. And I never said you don't root for your team, but from your post you were putting out the impression that people that stood up and cheered for the team were in your way(this would give the impression that you are sitting down).

Quote:
Go ahead and yell, scream on every play just show respect to those around you. They paid for a ticket to some have brought children and don’t want there child hearing f**k every 30 seconds its all about finding a compromise. Within our section we have around 10 rows that have been together for a long time at the beginning of the season people move around so the guys who want to stand and yell every play can. The guy behind me lets everyone know he is a yeller and will probably spill one beer (generally he buys me one beer since he knows he will spill one on me) he communicated I can deal with that. He gets us going sometimes when we are down and frustrated. It can all works if you want it to.

Yes when I go to games I pretty much do scream and yell from kick off till the end of the game. And I am always respectful to those around me. But one thing you have to remember is that YOU must be respectful as well. And also YOU must take into consideration that these fans paid for their ticket as well and they want to root, scream and holler for their team to show support. And can you let me know who that guy is that buys you a beer, I would like to sit by that guy so he can buy me one too. $10000 for a beer is insane

Quote:
I will assume you are talking about my patience and sound judgment when referring to how becoming older has helped me manage when a 20+ year old drunk verbally abuses me and could cause bodily harm to my 85 year old father if I let him pass me on the escalator? If that is a tough guy act so be it.

Actually I was referring to you having to throw in how tall you are and how much you weigh. As well as your military background as if that is supposed to mean something to us. It is great that you served in the military, but that had no importance in your post other than to make yourself seem like a bad ass.

Quote:
I don’t know how old you are but youth is a wonderful thing and should be enjoyed. When your young you recover from your hangovers faster, can party longer, generally (trying not to assume) do not have the emotional burdens and scars us old people have, your body is not physically messed up as much, and have a youthful exuberance and zest for life. It is a great time in one’s life enjoy it.

i will be at the game on sunday section 42 row 4! But i always get loud no matter what and lose my voice for about 2 days i already have monday and tuesday off from work so my voice can recover lol. I have a feeling that sunday's game is going to be one of the loudest in years because there is so much excitement in the air and people are going to be pumped about going 2-0 on the season and in the division!
  • navarro49ers
  • Info N/A
Fellow Niner Fans Lets make the STICK LOUD!!!

GO NINERS!!!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I wanna be able to hear every Zone member on defensive 3rd downs going BONKERS through Esco's surround sound on Sunday.

Get that 12th man rockin!!!!!
We can't yell to loud. That stadium is so old it might come crashing down
I'm not going to the game sunday, but those of you that are....you better make that place f'n loud as s**t!!!!!!!!!!!

Help the defense put Hasselbeck on his arse!!
  • navarro49ers
  • Info N/A

Well we should try then lol That way we will get a new stadium for sure!!

LETS GET LOUD!!!!

GO NINERS!!!
Originally posted by navarro49ers:

Well we should try then lol That way we will get a new stadium for sure!!

LETS GET LOUD!!!!

GO NINERS!!!

No we would just end up sharing the Raiders stadium
So I found out today I work with Lofa Tutupu's first cousin. What kind of dirty should I get on his for you all that are going on Sunday to yell at him? I found out his gf has cheated on him once before...
I didn't see this thread...here's my post...

Courtesy of the AP

'Hey, it's Rex': Jets coach calls fans for help

By DENNIS WASZAK Jr. - AP Sports Writer

2009-09-16 20:18

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) -Rex Ryan picked up the phone and called on New York Jets fans for some help against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

The head coach recorded a 70-second message that was sent to every season-ticket holder Wednesday, urging Jets fans to make it ``miserable for Brady & Co. and seem like there's 13 or 14 guys out there on defense'' during Sunday's game at the Meadowlands.

Ryan spoke from the heart - no script - and Jets fans got a surprise when they answered their phones or checked voicemails.

``Hey, this is Rex Ryan, the head coach of the New York Jets,'' Ryan began the message. ``I just wanted to let you know how much we need you this week. You know, I've already admitted that, hey, the Patriots have a better head coach and they've got a better quarterback than us. But we're going to see who's got a better team.''

The Jets play their home opener Sunday against Bill Belichick's Patriots, a team that has beaten them eight straight times at the Meadowlands.

``Again, I admit that I'm not as good as Belichick, but at the end of the game, I want to be 1-0 against him,'' Ryan ended the message. ``So, help me out if you don't mind. That's my challenge, OK? Thank you. Bye.''

Ryan, who was an assistant coach at Baltimore the last 10 seasons, is hoping to turn the Jets' home field into a clear advantage.

``I've seen that happen where sometimes it gets so loud and it just takes one guy to miss a check,'' Ryan said after practice. ``So, I'm challenging our fans to maybe be the difference in this game this week.''

I WANT ALL OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TO BE AT THE GAME SUNDAY TO BE TWICE AS LOUD AS THE MEADOWLANDS. I WANT IT SO LOUD HASSELBACH'S FREAKING HEAD EXPLODES WHEN THE IMPACT OF JUSTIN SMITH ARRIVES. I WANT EVERYONE OF YOU TO RISE UP AND KNOW THAT BY THE END OF THE GAME, WE WILL BE 2-0. LETS DO THIS s**t 9ER FAN AND LETS DO IT FOR OUR COACH WHO HAS COME INTO THIS ORGANIZATION AND BROUGHT OUR LEGACY BACK; THE LEGACY OF WINNING!

GET f**kING LOUD AND TREAT ANY TEAM THAT COMES INTO OUR HOUSE THIS LIKE THEY ARE THE TALIBAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK AND ROLL.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedAndGold4Life:

Courtesy of the AP

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) -Rex Ryan picked up the phone and called on New York Jets fans for some help against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

The head coach recorded a 70-second message that was sent to every season-ticket holder Wednesday, urging Jets fans to make it ``miserable for Brady & Co. and seem like there's 13 or 14 guys out there on defense'' during Sunday's game at the Meadowlands.

Ryan spoke from the heart - no script - and Jets fans got a surprise when they answered their phones or checked voicemails.

``Hey, this is Rex Ryan, the head coach of the New York Jets,'' Ryan began the message. ``I just wanted to let you know how much we need you this week. You know, I've already admitted that, hey, the Patriots have a better head coach and they've got a better quarterback than us. But we're going to see who's got a better team.''

The Jets play their home opener Sunday against Bill Belichick's Patriots, a team that has beaten them eight straight times at the Meadowlands.

``Again, I admit that I'm not as good as Belichick, but at the end of the game, I want to be 1-0 against him,'' Ryan ended the message. ``So, help me out if you don't mind. That's my challenge, OK? Thank you. Bye.''

Ryan, who was an assistant coach at Baltimore the last 10 seasons, is hoping to turn the Jets' home field into a clear advantage.

``I've seen that happen where sometimes it gets so loud and it just takes one guy to miss a check,'' Ryan said after practice. ``So, I'm challenging our fans to maybe be the difference in this game this week.''

I WANT ALL OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TO BE AT THE GAME SUNDAY TO BE TWICE AS LOUD AS THE MEADOWLANDS. I WANT IT SO LOUD HASSELBACH'S FREAKING HEAD EXPLODES WHEN THE IMPACT OF JUSTIN SMITH ARRIVES. I WANT EVERYONE OF YOU TO RISE UP AND KNOW THAT BY THE END OF THE GAME, WE WILL BE 2-0. LETS DO THIS s**t 9ER FAN AND LETS DO IT FOR OUR COACH WHO HAS COME INTO THIS ORGANIZATION AND BROUGHT OUR LEGACY BACK; THE LEGACY OF WINNING!

GET f**kING LOUD AND TREAT ANY TEAM THAT COMES INTO OUR HOUSE THIS LIKE THEY ARE THE TALIBAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK AND ROLL.

Who's Hasselbach?
Originally posted by B650:

Courtesy of the AP

ROCK AND ROLL.

Who's Hasselbach?

He's the enemy who's name I don't know how to spell correctly. Who gives a s**t, just be loud.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by B650:

Courtesy of the AP

ROCK AND ROLL.

Who's Hasselbach?

Hasselbeck's son. He changed his name once he became a composer.

They aren't the Taliban, they are the competition. That being said, I hope I don't hear any "D-fense" cheers from the hawks fans.
Bump
i'll be there for the rams, falcons, bears, and jags...i'll be f-in loud. .our group of 4 screams till we can't even speak...its about time this f-in stadium gets loud

my most looked forward to game is the game in seattle..my family is all going to take on the 12th man and the seaqueers..i'm hyped i'm gonna cause some ruckus lol
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home