There are 276 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ahmad Brooks

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I remember back when this guy was in the supplemental draft (that's what it's called right?) I rooted for the 9ers to get him but we didn't

He showed some promise but also proved to be an idiot with the Bengals but who doesn't right?

He had enough potential that the 9ers picked him up right away when the Bengals let him go

He showed enough to get invited back to camp

I for one am REALLY hoping for this guy to realize his potential and show us something this year. He could really big a HUGE boost to the D, imagine if Brooks showed his college potential this year how awesome the D could be?

Call it will be stick and show some of that potential on the filed or suck it up and get cut.

What are you trying to say here?

I meant will he stick not be stick

Again, what are you trying to say here?

WTF man I'm asking if you think he will stick on the roster and show some potential or suck it up and get cut.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think he sticks. However, I think this is more an indictment against the Niners for neglecting to address depth in this position in 2009 than Brooks being a good football player. He just isn't.

I just do not see any reason for excitement in Brooks. He continues to disappoint.

Marcus Hudson will play a larger role for the Niners in 2009 than Brooks, and I believe Hudson has about....one thread on the board (Brooks has five active threads).

Great post, top to bottom.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
I think he sticks. However, I think this is more an indictment against the Niners for neglecting to address depth in this position in 2009 than Brooks being a good football player. He just isn't.

I just do not see any reason for excitement in Brooks. He continues to disappoint.

Marcus Hudson will play a larger role for the Niners in 2009 than Brooks, and I believe Hudson has about....one thread on the board (Brooks has five active threads).

+1.

You are worse than a bulldog when it comes to this cat. The bottom line is that you agree that he sticks, period. There is no justifying your position that our team neglected the depth at WILL and SAM. Instead, they evaluated the talent we had on our team at those position and felt they had what was needed. That is evident in the trade we had with Carolina. We passed on Brown for the future because they thought we had enough to do damage...obviously.

Your contention that Brooks is a slime, IYO, is based on his history away from the influences of Singletary. I think, IMO, that you underestimate the magnitude that Singletary has on each one of his players including Brooks. In fact, it has been documented in local media that Brooks received Singletary's wrath for missing just one day of OTA's...OTA's shouldn't be that big of a deal in most peoples' eyes...not Singletary.

Brooks, has talent, period. Whether he uses it wisely is the issue.

I respect your experience in evaluating young potential NFL players, but I simply disagree with your position. I believe that Singletary will actually reach him and transform him into the player he can be.

I just hope for Brooks' sake and our team's pass rush, that you are wrong!

• lazy
  • Veteran
I remember back when this guy was in the supplemental draft (that's what it's called right?) I rooted for the 9ers to get him but we didn't

He showed some promise but also proved to be an idiot with the Bengals but who doesn't right?

He had enough potential that the 9ers picked him up right away when the Bengals let him go

I for one am REALLY hoping for this guy to realize his potential and show us something this year. He could really big a HUGE boost to the D, imagine if Brooks showed his college potential this year how awesome the D could be?

Call it will be stick and show some of that potential on the filed or suck it up and get cut.

WTF man I'm asking if you think he will stick on the roster and show some potential or suck it up and get cut.
thats all you had to say.
Originally posted by lazy:

thats all you had to say.

In this case I think your name LAZY perfectly fits the situation...read the question LAZY I accidently put will be stick and corrected it later by saying will he stick how do you not get that? I didn't think i had to spell it out 3X for you all i'm saying.
Brooks is a knucklehead and once a knucklehead . . . He'll think that its too much trouble to work that hard and give up & get cut. Besides, he thinks the few coins he has will last him for a long time, say maybe 4 or 5 years. He has his ride, his tunes and some girlfiends who thinks he is still BMOC. Good Luck.
Originally posted by tohara3:

I think he makes the squad. Also think Hudson comes up big to.

Hudson is turning into a ST stud!
He makes it due to lack of depth not b/c he's good
Brooks = Lelie on this board. A guy that folks seem to think is magically gonna get better b/c he's wearing your team's colors. Hope he comes around but i doubt it. OLB depth is pretty flimsy on this team. Parys and Manny got a lot on their shoulders and I believe they with both step it up.
Originally posted by ninertico:

You are worse than a bulldog when it comes to this cat. The bottom line is that you agree that he sticks, period. There is no justifying your position that our team neglected the depth at WILL and SAM. Instead, they evaluated the talent we had on our team at those position and felt they had what was needed. That is evident in the trade we had with Carolina. We passed on Brown for the future because they thought we had enough to do damage...obviously.

Your contention that Brooks is a slime, IYO, is based on his history away from the influences of Singletary. I think, IMO, that you underestimate the magnitude that Singletary has on each one of his players including Brooks. In fact, it has been documented in local media that Brooks received Singletary's wrath for missing just one day of OTA's...OTA's shouldn't be that big of a deal in most peoples' eyes...not Singletary.

Brooks, has talent, period. Whether he uses it wisely is the issue.

I respect your experience in evaluating young potential NFL players, but I simply disagree with your position. I believe that Singletary will actually reach him and transform him into the player he can be.

I just hope for Brooks' sake and our team's pass rush, that you are wrong!

You assume that Singletary has magical powers that no other head coach or position coach or defensive coordinator has been able to tap in Brooks. I will believe it when I see it. And, I didn't see it all of last season when Singletary was Brooks' position coach.

I will go by Brooks' history of worthlessness in this league, and say that his impact will be tiny, not even worth board consideration.

Hopefully he's improved as much as the writers are stating...
I hope he sticks. I would love to see some of this potential I keep reading about.
Obviously Sing wants to use his talents as a pass rusher, I'm hoping he pans out at OLB and gives us a solid pass rusher
I have been a fan of Brooks since college. He was a beast. I fully expected him to have a Willis type rookie year. Sadly I was dissappointed with his performance. But I still have hope. Maybe Singeltary will light the fire under his A55 to get him motivated to be the player that his abilities can allow him to be. Only time can tell I just hope its sooner than later
  • BurgerBoyRides
  • Info N/A
This has been said before:
From what we have been told and seen, I suppose, this guy is not very passionate about football--he can hardly give a s**t, let alone rise-up to take a starting position.
Share 49ersWebzone