LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cestmoi:
I've known guys do a lot worse, actually quite a few people, this isn't quite as big a deal as people think.

But nobody hear spends their free time rooting for your f*ckup friends, nor are your friends responsible for protecting a multi-million dollar investment in a quarterback.
I'm rooting for anyone who can help this team win games this upcoming season
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by sarpp:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Boone and Sheets won't make this team.

WRONG...Both will make this team...

I just don't see the scenario in which Sheets makes it beyond the practice squad unless Coffee, Gore, or M-Rob gets injured.

I guess we could carry four RBs, but it seems like kind of a waste of a roster spot.

I think Sheets only makes the 53-man if he can return kicks. Otherwise he'll be on the practice squad. Unless he plays so well in pre-season they can't let him go.

If they want a pure runner, and not a guy who can do trick plays, sheets will stay and the garbage style of M.rob will be the one gone, if they want a RB who can throw passes, then sheets is most likely gone, even being a heavy running team, we wont keep 4 backs

oh and yes, I would love for boone to make this team, being a buckeye fan and all

[ Edited by jeremy300 on Jun 17, 2009 at 20:34:36 ]
I think the kid realizes that this is his shot at a job.

Give me a Scott Gragg / Runyan clone.

His freshman recruiting bio:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=795625

he played LT for the last 3 years. He's a natural RT in the pros.
Nice post. Agree, he's on the right track...has a strong support system in place. He's got the right attitude...and Lord knows, he's got the size, strength and talent to succeed. He'd have been an early pick without the off-field issues. I'm really pulling for him, too. Gotta give Mac and Coach props for signing him, knowing full well he's got issues to overcome. If he does all the right things, Alex can earn a roster spot and learn RT from a real pro, Marvel Smith.
If Boone makes the team, as an UDFA, it is a win for McCloughlan, the team, and Boone.

Oh, and when he didn't get drafted, his agent steered him to the 49ers, cause Singletary can mould boys into men. So if he sticks, it's a win for Singletary too.

Unless Sheets fumbles a lot, he should replace Rossum as our return man.
Originally posted by jeremy300:
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by sarpp:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Boone and Sheets won't make this team.

WRONG...Both will make this team...

I just don't see the scenario in which Sheets makes it beyond the practice squad unless Coffee, Gore, or M-Rob gets injured.

I guess we could carry four RBs, but it seems like kind of a waste of a roster spot.

I think Sheets only makes the 53-man if he can return kicks. Otherwise he'll be on the practice squad. Unless he plays so well in pre-season they can't let him go.

If they want a pure runner, and not a guy who can do trick plays, sheets will stay and the garbage style of M.rob will be the one gone, if they want a RB who can throw passes, then sheets is most likely gone, even being a heavy running team, we wont keep 4 backs

oh and yes, I would love for boone to make this team, being a buckeye fan and all

Robinson is our special teams ace and serves as a back-up for two positions. When's the last time he even threw a pass? What are you talking about?
Originally posted by mebemused:
If Boone makes the team, as an UDFA, it is a win for McCloughlan, the team, and Boone.

Oh, and when he didn't get drafted, his agent steered him to the 49ers, cause Singletary can mould boys into men. So if he sticks, it's a win for Singletary too.

100% agreed about everything about Boone.

As far as the return game goes, Sheets couldn't even match Rossum's performance in the NFL while going against inferior competition in college. Maybe plug him in if he spends a year on the practice squad and Rossum retires after this year, but this season, no way.
Originally posted by mebemused:

I would think the 9ers have to seriously consider keeping the upside of Boone versus the sliding older Sims.

Boone is a young and upcoming physical Right Tackle that canbe on our team for a decade. On the other hand Sims best days (did he have best days?) are behind him and his career is almost over for sure.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nice post. Agree, he's on the right track...has a strong support system in place. He's got the right attitude...and Lord knows, he's got the size, strength and talent to succeed. He'd have been an early pick without the off-field issues. I'm really pulling for him, too. Gotta give Mac and Coach props for signing him, knowing full well he's got issues to overcome. If he does all the right things, Alex can earn a roster spot and learn RT from a real pro, Marvel Smith.

Well said!

I'm rooting for Alex to not break the law. Everything else is gravy.

People here in Columbus are really down on the kid. He came in as a blue chipper, and left as an undrafted FA. Was lazy and sloppy at OSU, and the fans knew it.

Hopefully, the humiliation of his most recent arrest, and going undrafted, will get his head screwed on straight. Lot of talent in that big body.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I saw him drinking at family day

HAHAHA
I think this guy could be the surprise of the camp... I'm rooting for him too..
For some reason I thought the dude was black and then I saw his pic and I was like whoah
Share 49ersWebzone