Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1st round picks: Smith-Davis-Lawson-Willis-Staley-Balmer

Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Imma go out on a limb even further and say our 4th rounder Haralson will get nodded this year...!

You mean 5th rounder Haralson...right??

hahaha even better for him! a fifth rounder hahaha thanks bud!

No problem, and I agree with you!! Haralson to the Pro Bowl. Maybe we should just start trading away our 1st rounders, since they (late round picks) all seem to perform much better!!!

We seem to have it together... I just hope it translate on the field. No doubt i think Haralson will have a better year. I just hope Balmer will pan out! all in all it's gonna be exciting! lets see how our 3rd rounder comes out... Gore did exceptionally well. just hoping Coffee is even better!

That is expecting (Coffee better than Gore) a little much. But if he turns out to be a solid and punishing compliment to Gore that pick will have been a good one.
Originally posted by jones49:
- Willis and Staley are sic

- Lawson is good and still has tremendous upside

- VD might not have yet shown to be good enough to be the 6th pick in the draft but if he was a late 1st rounder there would be a lot less complained. Still atop 10 TE and I guarantee a 2009 Pro Bowl selection

- Balmer is still a noob and this year will be interesting to watch.

- Smith is a loser

Lawson needs to learn to rush the qb.Otherwise a complete linebacker.

VD needs at least 10 catchs a game. but if he has less and takes it to the house im ok with that. agree.

Balmer should be good. like to see what he can do.

Smith who?? Reggie Smith? Justin Smith? Alex Smith? Marvel Smith?
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

- VD might not have yet shown to be good enough to be the 6th pick in the draft but if he was a late 1st rounder there would be a lot less complained. Still atop 10 TE and I guarantee a 2009 Pro Bowl selection

- Smith is a loser

VD needs at least 10 catchs a game. but if he has less and takes it to the house im ok with that. agree.

160 receptions next season

- Smith is a loser

Lawson hasn't been givin a chance to rush the passer yet....he should perform well this year

You really want VD to have 160 catches next season?!?!?! get real man...10 catches a game is insane....if he has 5 a game that would be GREAT for him

I agree with what you said about balmer...i hope he can work his way into the starting line up though...like SOON

and of course they are talking about Alex Smith...we didn't draft Justin or Marvel...and Reggie was a 3rd round pick...we are talking about first and second rounders
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I'm pretty sure we have a solid 3rd round pick named Frank Gore too

the post is about first/second rounders and who of them will join willis in the probowl

and we all know Gore is nothing special

jk

[ Edited by RonMexico on Jun 16, 2009 at 03:05:40 ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
PRO BOWL CALIBUR PLAYERS
Patrick Willis
Frank Gore
Andy Lee
Marvel Smith
Michael Lewis
Nate Clements
Dre Bly
all those players have been there at least once and have the ablility to go again

the new players that have a legit chance if they show up this season
Justin Smith
Vernon Davis
Joe Staley
Parys Haralson

i would say Morgan and Crabtree but the nfc is loaded with great WR's so it might take a while for them

nah i think crabtree is a lock to make the probowl this year, and start over fitzgerald if he makes it , he my sleeper.

This is ridiculous. If this does happen, AWESOME...but I wouldn't put my expectations that high for a rookie WR even one as talented as Crabtree.

I am predicting a 800 yard rookie season from Crab, his sophomore season he'll explode.

Not even 800 IMO. Guys, rookie wr's have a lot to learn, a lot of readjustments to make. Give him a year or two.

I am totally with you here English ------ A rookie WR and also getting a late start because of his foot. A ton of adjustments to make as a rookie. He will probably see spot play the first half of the season.
Staley and Davis will have long and probowl careers. You never know about a QB.
I think Balmer has the tools and the desire to be a very good D-Lineman in the NFL. However being a Pro_Bowl caliber player is 50 / 50.

One thing for sure Balmer appears focused and is putting in the work to certainly be a much better player than we all saw last season.

- Smith is a loser

10 catches a game would have him ending up with 160 catches on the year which would be impossible for any receiver to get considering the record is 143 catches in a season.

And based on the fact that the OP is talking abut first round picks it's pretty obvious that we're talking about that first round pick Alex here.
Ahem.... Alex Smith is NOT a "loser."

Anybody here wishes he could win college football games as a QB and get drafted into the NFL. And let's not forget that he's a multimillionaire. For a variety of reasons, including those in Smith's own head, he hasn't performed up to the expectations people have for a first round pick.... YET. He isn't done. He's still on the team and he's still lofting perfect 50-yard rainbows down the field to an increasingly deep receiving corps.

He has not won his initial battles, but the war still rages and he's still in it.

- Smith is a loser

X2
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Ahem.... Alex Smith is NOT a "loser."

Anybody here wishes he could win college football games as a QB and get drafted into the NFL. And let's not forget that he's a multimillionaire. For a variety of reasons, including those in Smith's own head, he hasn't performed up to the expectations people have for a first round pick.... YET. He isn't done. He's still on the team and he's still lofting perfect 50-yard rainbows down the field to an increasingly deep receiving corps.

He has not won his initial battles, but the war still rages and he's still in it.

and there it is.
I'll go down the list...because it's easy, yet not productive to say only this guy or that guy:

- Smith. I think we'll find out this season if Alex can be an NFL QB. Easy to give him a bust label, but he's had a very rocky road in his young career. So, for now, jury's still out.

- Davis. There's no reason he shouldn't absolutely flourish in Jimmy Raye's offense. This could well be his real breakout season.

- Lawson. Another guy who should have a breakout season. He was poised to have a great 2007 when the injury happened. I think this is it.

- Willis. Tremendous player...what else needs to be said.

- Staley. He's good now..hasn't missed a snap his first two seasons. He should only get better, which is why Mac extended his contract for 6 years.

- Balmer. Expectations were unrealistic his 1st season. DL drafted well ahead of him didn't do much, either. Manusky says he's by far the most improved DL...so, I'm expecting him to really emerge this year.

- Smith is a loser

That would be incredible. How many players have ever averaged 10 catches a game? Isnt the reocord 143 or something like that by Marvin Harrison? In order for VD to prove himself, he must obtain Hall Of Fame status on Madden!
I think Davis will be the next pro-bowler out of that group. Remember he was an alternate last year. Mike Martz even said last week on the NFL Network that he believes Vernon is, bar non, the best tight end in the league. With his speed, focus, work eithic, character, blocking ability, that he WILL be a pro-bowler. And that's coming from the offensive coordinator who only got himn 31 catches.....