LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Which QB Would You Want to Lead This Team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which QB Would You Want to Lead This Team?

At this point the competition sounds pretty damn close. It doesn't really matter who I want as much as it should ultimately be the QB who consistently moves the chains and scores in the pre season games. I'm ready to support the winner.
Quote:
One of the biggest lessons of all the minicamps and OTAs, which ended today, is that Singletary has a legitimate quarterback competition. Smith is throwing the ball well and his confidence is as ironclad as it's been since college. Singletary touched on that today.

"Well, I think the playing field is level now," he said of the QB competition. "I think before the offseason began, I wasn't really sure where Alex was. You know, he's been through a lot in four years. I think in order for he and Shaun to compete on level ground, he had to get healthy, he had to get his mind focused, I think he had to let go of some of the bitterness that happened to him, some of the bad things, and get the bad taste out of his mouth and be ready to go. I think that has happened."

Singletary did reiterate that if the season were to begin tomorrow, Hill would be the starter. But Smith now has a legitimate shot of knocking him out of his perch.

-Matt Barrows

Barrows
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by fan49:
Whoever voted for Smith is on crack.

i guess who ever voted for hill is on heroin. Those passes look super slow dont they. No more joking. I voted for smith for 1 reason. If were not gonna go deep in the p's then get an early pick. Hill is a good game manager and leader, yes smith fans even if some was against d's who gave up or sucked. disrequard all that. If we get to the ship i want a man who has a threatning arm and no where near that is hill. that morgan grab- all morgan. im not talkin smack 30 sec left down by 5 i want smith, hill i sincerely doubt could get us to the w in that situ. smith if calm will.

Considering that Hill has practiced with the 2nd/3rd teams each and every year that Smith or JTO spent with the starters..........it's kinda amazing that he put better numbers than either of the 2. Why do you think that is ?

READ MY THREAD! oops. it sais right there but im not talkin. back up your boy more maybe it will sway the votes. and maybe you guys talkin bad bout smith might influence the overall decision. ( really it might work) no point in trying to convince me hill is better. no comment on anything else read my post.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

i guess who ever voted for hill is on heroin. Those passes look super slow dont they. No more joking. I voted for smith for 1 reason. If were not gonna go deep in the p's then get an early pick. Hill is a good game manager and leader, yes smith fans even if some was against d's who gave up or sucked. disrequard all that. If we get to the ship i want a man who has a threatning arm and no where near that is hill. that morgan grab- all morgan. im not talkin smack 30 sec left down by 5 i want smith, hill i sincerely doubt could get us to the w in that situ. smith if calm will.

Considering that Hill has practiced with the 2nd/3rd teams each and every year that Smith or JTO spent with the starters..........it's kinda amazing that he put better numbers than either of the 2. Why do you think that is ?

*inserts Alexuse #19245*
so really ill say 1 thing hillexcuses.... Why does hill play s**tty d's and get credit for it. why does hill get sing and everyone else nolan. whatever. put him against the #1 d like when alex played and see who does better. hill better get 300 yards to beat alex there. alll this damn backin up hill or doggin alex doesnt help anyone make a decision. AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU> EVEN IF ALEX LOSES TO HILL, ILL ROOT FOR HILL, I DOUBT YOU WOULD DO THE SAME VICE VERSA.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
talk aLL you want the board is obviously speaking with this vote. and guess what elex is winning here with the fans....... nuff said.
Id prefer Alex Smith, but if Shaun Hill wins the Job, you better believe ill be cheering my ass off for Hill
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Whichever QB wins games, I don't care.
  • bubbybristerHOF
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
Id prefer Alex Smith, but if Shaun Hill wins the Job, you better believe ill be cheering my ass off for Hill

what he said....
Another thread about this?? Seriously?? Come on guys.... Did the moderators lock all of the other threads because of a post limit or something??
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Got to go with a winner. Shaun Hill all the way...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
talk aLL you want the board is obviously speaking with this vote. and guess what elex is winning here with the fans....... nuff said.

LOL at people voting twice!!!

Btw who's elex??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

LOL at people voting twice!!!

Btw who's elex??

Only twice

I'm sure we have a few AS fans skewing the numbers just like we all did to get P-Willy some of those D Player of the week awards...
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for Afrikan.

*inserts Alexuse #19245*
so really ill say 1 thing hillexcuses.... Why does hill play s**tty d's and get credit for it. why does hill get sing and everyone else nolan. whatever. put him against the #1 d like when alex played and see who does better. hill better get 300 yards to beat alex there. alll this damn backin up hill or doggin alex doesnt help anyone make a decision. AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU> EVEN IF ALEX LOSES TO HILL, ILL ROOT FOR HILL, I DOUBT YOU WOULD DO THE SAME VICE VERSA.

no... I think the difference between me and you is....if Alex wins the starting role fair and square...... I'll root for him and my 9ers.....but if Hill wins... you and some of the other Alex Fanatics would pray he gets injured so your boy can play.

edit- by the way, are you going to answer ZRF80's question?

[ Edited by Afrikan on Jun 16, 2009 at 17:05:11 ]
Mike Vick!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by GONINERS09 on Jun 16, 2009 at 17:06:46 ]
  • ZRF80

*inserts Alexuse #19245*

Your argument would be valid if Alex actually put up numbers against bad D's. Too bad he chokes no matter what the situation..........oh, except if you dont count the 1 minute he had against that very good team on that very day when he went 2/2 for 79 yards and a TD and had a QB rating of 104.5. Yeah, thats the Alex Smith I remember........
Share 49ersWebzone