There are 254 users in the forums

Offense >Alex Smith / Defense >Ahmad Brooks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by dhp318:
why do people care about brooks? He's big, great. Too bad he sucks. If he hasn't amounted to anything by now, he never will.

How does he suck? He was a beast in college. His problem has always been his work ethic. He has all of the tools and physical attributes to be a great LB in the league. Personally I just hope that Singletary can bring out the beast in him so he can join the starting line up.

Lawson-Willis-Brooks-Haralson

Seems like a beastly LB core to me

Except....the 9ers moved Brooks to outside L.B.

I Think they want to see if he can be an outside Pass Rusher in the 3-4
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The Great Ahmad Brooks!
I've got a five letter word for Brooks: "LOSER". Always has been, always will be.

Give me a guy with half the talent, and Brooks will still lose out to him. No heart. No passion.

And yet, Brooks is a board hero. If someone can explain that to me, I'd really appreciate it.

lol If he had no heart and passion, don't you think singletary would have cut him already?
The Great Ahmad Brooks!
I've got a five letter word for Brooks: "LOSER". Always has been, always will be.

Give me a guy with half the talent, and Brooks will still lose out to him. No heart. No passion.

And yet, Brooks is a board hero. If someone can explain that to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Seriously though....what has Ahmad Brooks ever done in his NFL career? NOTHING....nothing at all except get fans of the team he plays on think he's something that he is not.

Ahmad Brooks is garbage and I will be surprised if he makes this years roster.
Originally posted by Hopper:
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

lol If he had no heart and passion, don't you think singletary would have cut him already?

Training camp isn't far away,he'll be gone by then....
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Seriously though....what has Ahmad Brooks ever done in his NFL career? NOTHING....nothing at all except get fans of the team he plays on think he's something that he is not.

Brooks will make the roster easily.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
I'm kinda with MadDog and King on this one. Brooks has done very little and everyone always gets excited about him. I think it's just because he's a household name due to the fact that he was considered a huge talent in the supplemental draft. He may have all the tools - but so do a lot of people in the NFL. That's why they're here. Something else separates the stars from the depth and Brooks hasn't shown that yet. I don't know if he is capable of showing it.
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Based on what? Do you know something that we don't?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Who's going to beat him out for a roster spot at OLB?

Jay Moore- definite no
Marques Harris- very small chance
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Jay Moore- definite no

They'll find someone
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Jay Moore- definite no

They'll find someone

I can understand some guys have an agenda against Brooks. But he's by far the best depth we have behind Manny and Parys and he still can help us at ILB in case of injury.

Manusky has raved about Brooks in OTA's, he'll make the roster.

[ Edited by Hopper on Jun 13, 2009 at 10:39:00 ]

The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Jay Moore- definite no

They'll find someone

I can understand some guys have an agenda against Brooks. But he's by far the best depth we have behind Manny and Parys and he still can help us at ILB in case of injury.

Have an agenda against him? HAHAHAHA

Name one thing that he's done in his NFL career.....ONE thing....hahaha

I don't think it's a matter of people having an agenda against him,I think it's a matter of people giving him any credit for anything at all.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Jay Moore- definite no

They'll find someone

I don't think it's a matter of people having an agenda against him,I think it's a matter of people giving him any credit for anything at all.

Saying he hasn't done anything in the NFL shows me you don't know anything about him. Go back and watch the second half of his rookie year when he started the last 6 games for Cincy and then tell me he didn't do anything. He was a tackling machine sideline to sideline and terrific at shedding linemen with size and strength.

His second year with Cincy he battled some injuries and he slipped down the depth chart.

[ Edited by Hopper on Jun 13, 2009 at 10:57:06 ]
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Jay Moore- definite no

They'll find someone

Manusky has said good things about him all summer, from "he's a bright spot" at OLB to his most recent statement, quoted above by MB in his blog, about being a standout.

Brooks has apparently worked hard enough and shown enough determination to have stood out this off season, even earning praise. (He also earned some special attention from Singletary by missing a practice.)

He may well make it through TC, taking on Staley and M. Smith or Snyder. The test will come when he's thrown into a game and faces "live bullets." Then we'll see if he's got what it takes mentally as well as physically. IMHO.
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Based on what? Do you know something that we don't?

At some point, a player may see the light as he matures. Ahmad Brooks under the leadership of Singletary, may indeed step up.... stay tuned!
The Great Ahmad Brooks!

Is Smith any different? Sure he's got an arm, but just doesn't have the leadership ability at all. All he does is comes in for 3-and-outs at then walks off the field alone staring at the ground. That's a F****ing looser. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I've always appreciated a leader behind center.
Share 49ersWebzone