LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Offense >Alex Smith / Defense >Ahmad Brooks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Two young players with clearly LOADS of physical skills that have not yet been fulfilled.

However, news out of this past weeks camp is both of these players may just be starting to finally step it up and become legit quality players at their positions.

Now who would not jump for joy if a healthy Q.B. Alex Smith and a healthy L.B. Ahmad Brooks each showed up Big Time this season under the guildence of none other than Mike Singletary!

The light at the end of the tunnel may finally be seen....stay tuned!

P.S. one could easily subsituite Manny Lawson as the LB who finally came thru if he proves to be a legit Pass Rusher! Manny can do everything else, but Pass Rushing is yet to be proven.

[ Edited by BigMar on Jun 12, 2009 at 17:56:52 ]
Smitty I have always had faith in. Nolan was a cancer.

Brooks... we'll see. He needs a lot of work.
I have heard about Smith but not to much on Brooks. Any links to any stories about his performance in OTA's?
Originally posted by BigMar:
Two young players with clearly LOADS of physical skills that have not yet been fulfilled.

However, news out of this past weeks camp is both of these players may just be starting to finally step it up and become legit quality players at their positions.

Now who would not jump for joy if a healthy Q.B. Alex Smith and a healthy L.B. Ahmad Brooks each showed up Big Time this season under the guildence of none other than Mike Singletary!

The light at the end of the tunnel may finally be seen....stay tuned!

P.S. one could easily subsituite Manny Lawson as the LB who finally came thru if he proves to be a legit Pass Rusher! Manny can do everything else, but Pass Rushing is yet to be proven.

talk is cheap.
in the words of sing, don't tell me , show me!
Originally posted by backontop:
I have heard about Smith but not to much on Brooks. Any links to any stories about his performance in OTA's?

Yes... in Matt Barrows last blog dated June 12 "49ers bloom in June" ....

in Matts very last paragraph, he says "Brooks has been looking good in practice"
Originally posted by BigMar:

Yes... in Matt Barrows last blog dated June 12 "49ers bloom in June" ....

in Matts very last paragraph, he says "Brooks has been looking good in practice"

I hope he does pan. I have been a fan and I am rooting for him
why do people care about brooks? He's big, great. Too bad he sucks. If he hasn't amounted to anything by now, he never will.
Originally posted by dhp318:
why do people care about brooks? He's big, great. Too bad he sucks. If he hasn't amounted to anything by now, he never will.

How does he suck? He was a beast in college. His problem has always been his work ethic. He has all of the tools and physical attributes to be a great LB in the league. Personally I just hope that Singletary can bring out the beast in him so he can join the starting line up.

Lawson-Willis-Brooks-Haralson

Seems like a beastly LB core to me

How does he suck? He was a beast in college. His problem has always been his work ethic. He has all of the tools and physical attributes to be a great LB in the league. Personally I just hope that Singletary can bring out the beast in him so he can join the starting line up.

Ummm unless T.K. just hits the wall in his career I don't see Brooks starting ahead of him.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Ummm unless T.K. just hits the wall in his career I don't see Brooks starting ahead of him.

~Ceadder

I agree. I was talking about in the future after TKO either leaves or retires. He is getting up in age (i think)

~Ceadder

I don't see this happenning neither. Tko os the man. Lol in 3 games he had more ints then roman in 3 yrs as a niner
Originally posted by frankie:

~Ceadder

I don't see this happenning neither. Tko os the man. Lol in 3 games he had more ints then roman in 3 yrs as a niner

Prolly cuz people up front were gettin their hands in the passing lanes maybe?

It's called right place right time syndrome.

I think Roman is a solid Vet but he is losing a step an we must *huff* move *puff* towards *gasp* youth *wheeeeeeeeeeeez*

~Ceadder
Originally posted by frankie:

~Ceadder

Prolly cuz people up front were gettin their hands in the passing lanes maybe?

It's called right place right time syndrome.

I think Roman is a solid Vet but he is losing a step an we must *huff* move *puff* towards *gasp* youth *wheeeeeeeeeeeez*

~Ceadder

Most definately agree! Hopefully goldston sp? Stays healthy. Sounds like he is a ball hawk. It has been awhile since we had a playmaker in the out field! Last player that comes to mind would be mr tony parrish himself. Who imo got robbed of 2 probowls as a niner. Damn shame he couldn't recover from that broken leg. Agreed mark roman is a vet and yeah def lost a step. He was never a ballhawk player. That's what we could use on the defense

guess how many "beasts in college" get drafted? All of them. Guess how many succeed? Not most of them. It's not necessarily just work ethic, he might just have a crappy football IQ.
The Great Ahmad Brooks!
I've got a five letter word for Brooks: "LOSER". Always has been, always will be.

Give me a guy with half the talent, and Brooks will still lose out to him. No heart. No passion.

And yet, Brooks is a board hero. If someone can explain that to me, I'd really appreciate it.
Share 49ersWebzone