LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Defense still needs to be fixed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Moonshae_D:
Originally posted by Apples:
"Our offense is pretty much done"? Who knew?

Both sides still need to be fixed.

~Ceadder

Did you change your name? Is Ceadder using yer computer? I has confusion.

Oh, and to the OP:

I had no idea our offense was so awesome that we no longer need to worry about it. Especially since almost all of our wins came at the hands of Hill, who you seem to despise.

Who isn't better than JTO?? My grandma coulda came in and won more games than him and shaun hill put together. As far as our o, we got WRs, we got RBs, we got TEs, we need a couple OL. So yeah I think our O doesnt' need anymore attention.
  • nekst
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Mex49:
"Our offense is pretty much done and solidified for a few years now" Who is our starting QB? Until that is answered nothing is done or solid.

As for our D, it is not broken!

Co-signed.
Originally posted by nekst:
"Our offense is pretty much done and solidified for a few years now" Who is our starting QB? Until that is answered nothing is done or solid.

Co-signed.

Who's our secondary besides nate and michael lewis? Who on our d line are you scared of?
Originally posted by FriscoKid220:

Co-signed.

Who's our secondary besides nate and michael lewis? Who on our d line are you scared of?

Dre Bly and T. Brown. The only weakspot in the secondary is FS.

We've had issues in pass defense because the other team's QB has all day to throw. Fix that and nobody's gonna give a sh*t about who our nickelback is.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Co-signed.

We've had issues in pass defense because the other team's QB has all day to throw. Fix that and nobody's gonna give a sh*t about who our nickelback is.

Dre Bly and T. Brown?? are you serious? tell me you're kidding. But I do agree with the pass rush. I even said that. We haven't done anything to improve that.
if we had another pro bowl pass rusher other teams wouldn't double and triple team justin smith so much... you know how many sacks and interceptions we could put up if we had another probowl pass rusher! that's just my opinion... what do you guys think?
Originally posted by Overkill:

Co-signed.

Dre Bly and T. Brown?? are you serious? tell me you're kidding. But I do agree with the pass rush. I even said that. We haven't done anything to improve that.

Apparently you completely missed my point. Bly and Brown would be absolutely fine at RCB and NCB if we had a pass rush. And if we don't have a pass rush, than it won't really matter who plays those spots.

You could clone Clements and put him in at RCB, too - it won't matter. The guy is a top 5 CB in this league and he got clowned plenty of times last year because we were unable to bring pressure on the QB. The idea that we need two big name players at CB to win in this league is simply insane. Just look at the Giants.
And i said we needed a pass rusher. I've always said that. But where is he at?? that's my point. WE didn't do anything to improve that this year. Dre Bly gets smoked by everyone. Tarell brown gets too injured. So no they won't be fine.
Why does everyone count out Spencer...
Don't worry about the defense everybody, we drafted Bear Pascoe!

~Ceadder

Our offense is pretty much done and solidified for a few years now. We may need to get a couple o lineman here or there and let our scheme sink in with the players, but we need to focus on our defense now.

What is wrong with you? Our offense is done and solidified for a few years? How do you figure? We need a QB and big upgrades to the offensive line if we're going to say we're "done" with the offense. We have an unproven group of receivers and underachieving tight ends. The only thing we're "done" with on offense is RB, and that's only as long as Frank Gore is healthy. The defense is far better than the offense is right now.

The way I look at it, The centerpieces of this defense are Patrick Willis, Nate Clements, and Michael Lewis. Parys contributes too. We'll have to wait and see if Manny can finally do his thing. But our D line and secondary need to be retooled. WE need a safety, and some fierce NT. The ends are ok with Justin Smith being the balls of it. But we need more. No one is scared of our D line. We need to find someone who can get to the qb from that position. We desparetely need a ballhawk/hard hitting free safety. I hope Goldson can do it, but if he can't, then we have to find someone quick. Regardless of how this season pans out, we need to really make our defense the focal point of next off season and definitely be the main concern going into next years draft.

The only thing the defense needs is a pass rush. We don't have a dominant NT but Franklin does enough to allow the rest of the defense to function and do their own assignments, which is essentially what he is supposed to be doing. We need a better DE opposite Justin Smith, but outside of that we're not missing much. I don't know if Parys Haralson or Manny Lawson can rush the passer, but apparently we're going to find out. Haralson has proven to be able to get to the QB, although I think it has a lot to do with Justin Smith playing on the same side as him. Lawson is solid in most aspects outside of rushing the QB. Whether we should upgrade there is debatable. As for our safety issuess.. Goldson has to be better than Roman, and our defense still did OK with Roman in there. Michael Lewis is a good strong safety. Our CBs are very good. Our MLBs are great.

To sum it up, we still need to do more with the offense than we do with the defense.

Co-signed.

Dre Bly. The only unknown is Goldson. 3 out of 4 players in our secondary are good players (hate on Bly all you want) and Goldson is getting his shot to prove what he can do. You act like we have one key player in the secondary and the other three are question marks. It is the exact opposite.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 9, 2009 at 13:57:02 ]
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
if we had another pro bowl pass rusher other teams wouldn't double and triple team justin smith so much...

But according to the original poster, we don't have anybody on the DL that gets double-teamed.

LMAO. What a joke.
With the the 1st round pick of the 2010 draft the 49ers select.... Tayler Mays, Safety from USC! (this is the 1st round pick we received from the Panthers of course)

[ Edited by NorCal49er on Jun 9, 2009 at 13:56:52 ]
Sorry pressed quote instead of edit on accident... be patient I'm a noob

[ Edited by NorCal49er on Jun 9, 2009 at 14:02:14 ]
Share 49ersWebzone