There are 196 users in the forums

T Brown fastest 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Interesting (very) observation by Dan Brown of the Mercury News:

Play of the day

Singletary sent a message with the final conditioning drill. Before having players motor from sideline to sideline twice in succession, Singletary exhorted them to dig deep. “This is the fourth quarter now. It’s a crucial time in this game.” From my vantage point, it looked like Tarell Brown edged receiver Josh Morgan as the fastest player.

Granted, this isn't in pads...when it really counts...but it's an interesting indicator in a couple of respects: Brown is fast, yes, but Morgan is perhaps our fastest receiver.

Just an interesting sidelight to the summer doldrums (heck, it's not even summer yet!)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2009/06/05/49ers-fix-singletary-expecting-more-from-balmer-in-09/#more-1484
He's also one of the best (if not the best) athletes on the team. Lets see if he edge out Bly for the #2 CB spot. Thats what matters to me.
Didn't he get hurt in the last game of the season 2 years ago against the Browns or was that someone else?
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for daver3188.
Originally posted by backontop:
Didn't he get hurt in the last game of the season 2 years ago against the Browns or was that someone else?

ya that would be him.
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
I thought Hill ran a much faster 40 than Morgan did?
great to hear, but didnt they also say jason hill wasnt there b/c of a sore hammy or something.. id like to see all our WR line up against each other in a foot race
i doubt he beats out dre bly regardless cause of his experiance. but he still young so perhaps he gets the nod to start after this season, well deserved .
I'm really praying that T. Brown pans out at one of the cornerback position. I really like this dudes play. Good to hear that he's continually getting better.
Originally posted by PaulW:
I thought Hill ran a much faster 40 than Morgan did?

They were using retarded stopwatches at the combine.
Sideline to sideline is not really a 40 yard dash. I think of all the 49ers, Hill has the fastest official 40 time while VD is second.

• bfree
  • Veteran
There was a degree of endurance here... it was the end of a 100+ yard run. So it depends on how you measure speed. This is different than a 40 yard dash, and different from game speed.

[ Edited by bfree on Jun 5, 2009 at 21:35:24 ]
Didnt Hill have a sore leg or something
For anyone who watched Tarrell Brown last year knows that he's got potential.

I think he looked really good last year when he was given the chance.
Originally posted by King49er:
For anyone who watched Tarrell Brown last year knows that he's got potential.

I think he looked really good last year when he was given the chance.

Yeah what didn't he have 2 ints in limited action last year. Can't wait to see what he can do as a full time starter. I would predict 8+ ints this season! (as I'm typing in my burnt orange longhorns shirt, after writing in the parking lot about my Jet Blue flight this summer that I just booked to Austin).
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
Sideline to sideline is not really a 40 yard dash. I think of all the 49ers, Hill has the fastest official 40 time while VD is second.

While that may be the case. Sideline to sideline is like 100 yards, which is still a sprint. Lined up side by side apparently Brown and Morgan was fastest.

But like the other guy said there was an endurance factor to be considered.
Share 49ersWebzone