There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who thinks David Baas should get new contract?

Sign him, he is a solid player and he has a good attitud for an O- linemen
lock him up
If 9ers loose David Baas, who eactly takes his place without missing a heartbeat?

And don't tell me Tony Wragge or Adam Synder.
Originally posted by BigMar:
If 9ers loose David Baas, who eactly takes his place without missing a heartbeat?

You act like David Baas is a huge step up from either of those two
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

It may not be a huge step, but it is a step nonetheless. Why would we let him walk, forcing our hand to draft a guard in the first portion of the next draft when we have other positions of need?

You can never have enough good O-linemen, but letting quality players walk just doesn't make much sense. Every single linemen on this team can improve, including Baas.
So as asked from a previous poster... the big question... HOW MUCH ?

Let's say (for example) most can agree on this rating...

David Baas = 83
Tony Wragge = 77
Adam Snyder = 77

Justin Smiley was signed in 08 by Miami = 5 year 25 million (9 mil guaranteed)

If this very same offer was acceptable to Baas, would you support SF in offering it?

I simply feel Baas time has come, from what I saw at the end of last season. Baas is ready to take that big step up.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:

It may not be a huge step, but it is a step nonetheless. Why would we let him walk, forcing our hand to draft a guard in the first portion of the next draft when we have other positions of need?

You can never have enough good O-linemen, but letting quality players walk just doesn't make much sense. Every single linemen on this team can improve, including Baas.

Why pay an average player more money than you need to? I like David Baas too but we do not need to overpay someone who can easily be replaced
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:

Why pay an average player more money than you need to? I like David Baas too but we do not need to overpay someone who can easily be replaced

Who says that if he does receive a contract extension, it will be big money? Who says that we will "overpay" him? Because a contract is given does not imply that it will be a big one. I don't even think that we "overpaid" for Staley, and Baas will not command that type of money. If he does, THEN show him the door.
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first

This.
  • IronOrr1685
  • Info N/A
My answer in just one face
Baas hasn't proven he deserves a long term contract. The front office tends to draft guards instead of resign them. I don't agree with it but thats what they do.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I rather spend an extra 2-3 million more on Logan Mankins, the guy in 2005 who we would have gotten if it wasn't for the Pats picking him.

Mankins is a pro-bowl OG for the Patriots. Signing him, and drafting a RT in the 1st or 2nd rounds will bolster our O-line.

LT: Staley/Snyder
LG: Mankins/Wragge
OC: Heitmann/Wallace
RG: Rachal
RT: Smith/Rookie
Originally posted by GEEK:
I rather spend an extra 2-3 million more on Logan Mankins, the guy in 2005 who we would have gotten if it wasn't for the Pats picking him.

Mankins is a pro-bowl OG for the Patriots. Signing him, and drafting a RT in the 1st or 2nd rounds will bolster our O-line.

LT: Staley/Snyder
LG: Mankins/Wragge
OC: Heitmann/Wallace
RG: Rachal
RT: Smith/Rookie

This would be a very solid line with the addition of mankins. What are the odds they release em? But a good fair offer to bass I wouldn't reject neither. I just want our line to be solid vs the pass, and a force for the run!
Lol is this to much to ask lol?
At this point, he's an average player and he is playing guard. So, I think he should be resigned for the sake of unity in the OL playing together and not shuffling around every year. But, he's not worth breaking the bank over.