There are 38 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who thinks David Baas should get new contract?

Originally posted by BigMar:
I love how the 9ers are being pro-active signing our young studs like Joe Staley. But why is not massive earth mover David Baas been offered a contract extension. Him and Chilo Rachal are two freak'en beasts on our line!

Right after u said that, he got hurt again.
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Overkill:
Baas took what, like 3 years to break into the starting lineup and has never looked dominant. He's marginally better than Wragge at best.

He'd have to take a huge step forward to justify an extension at this point imo.

and stay healthy for once. So far I would call his time with the team a big disappointment. Make or brake year for him
I think he should only get a contract that is if he wants to take a pay cut. The guy just can't stay healthy for some reason.
I get this strong feeling that this season, both David Baas and Adam Snyder are going to finally reach their potential....and maybe, just maybe, be recognized as offensive line BEASTS!
Originally posted by BigMar:
I get this strong feeling that this season, both David Baas and Adam Snyder are going to finally reach their potential....and maybe, just maybe, be recognized as offensive line BEASTS!

If these two can breakout for us this year it would make our line very young & good. I'm definetly cheering for this to happen!
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first

Willis deserves the next contract
I don't, definitely not right now.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

Watch Baas this weekend against the Cards. Then lets see what you say.
we'll have to wait until he plays this season. If he has a great year then give him more money and out-bid the other teams who want him. If he doesn't let him go and someone else will overpay.

And to the other posts. Heitman is our most consistent lineman. I have no idea why Cody Wallace was even drafted that year. He was one of the best ranked centers but surely we needed help in other areas. At 285 lbs how would he fare against a 3-4 team with a top notch NT? I'm not sure at this time and the coaching staff probably doesn't know either.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
we'll have to wait until he plays this season. If he has a great year then give him more money and out-bid the other teams who want him. If he doesn't let him go and someone else will overpay.

And to the other posts. Heitman is our most consistent lineman. I have no idea why Cody Wallace was even drafted that year. He was one of the best ranked centers but surely we needed help in other areas. At 285 lbs how would he fare against a 3-4 team with a top notch NT? I'm not sure at this time and the coaching staff probably doesn't know either.

Am I wrong, but I thought Cody Wallace worked his weight up to 300+ lbs in the off-season?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home