LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Originally posted by yoyo49:

Actually, its seemed they just laid an egg with you and a couple of other sporadic fans. You may not personally like that stadium but don't try to speak for the rest of the Niner nation.

In actuality the vast majority of niner fans like this new stadium and design. the poll in this thread and popular sentiment thus far is opposite of how you feel. I kind of suspect season ticket sales to spike once this stadium opens.

Its ok if you don't like the stadium, but don't try and make it seem like most everyone else feels the same way as you.

So if we don't like the stadium we are 'sporadic fans'? I guess only those who like the stadium can speak for all 9er fans from now on.

I don't need the consensus of this forum to convince me this stadium is far less than it could be.

How dare we ask for and expect more? We should be ashamed. We should just accept whatever the good Yorks are willing to give us. Bad team, bad organization, bad coaches bad players.

I want more.
Of course some Niner fans don't and won't like the stadium concept. All I have to say is . . . .

Tough s**t . . . it is what it is . . . at this point I can't see the overall concept changing too much.
  • yoyo49
  • Info N/A
The only real difference between this stadium and the so called "state of the art" stadiums is the retractible roof. People don't see that this stadium is designed with the fan experience in mind. It will offer one of the best fan experience of any stadium in the NFL.

But because its not glittered up and garnished with pointless decorations on the exterior and because it does not have one of those new retractible roofs, people think its not "modern", when in actuality it will be featuring some of the most state of the art technologies in the nation.

Plus, have any of you guys actually seen the inside of the new Cowboys stadium?
  • yoyo49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Xestenz:

Actually, its seemed they just laid an egg with you and a couple of other sporadic fans. You may not personally like that stadium but don't try to speak for the rest of the Niner nation.

In actuality the vast majority of niner fans like this new stadium and design. the poll in this thread and popular sentiment thus far is opposite of how you feel. I kind of suspect season ticket sales to spike once this stadium opens.

Its ok if you don't like the stadium, but don't try and make it seem like most everyone else feels the same way as you.

So if we don't like the stadium we are 'sporadic fans'? I guess only those who like the stadium can speak for all 9er fans from now on.

I don't need the consensus of this forum to convince me this stadium is far less than it could be.

How dare we ask for and expect more? We should be ashamed. We should just accept whatever the good Yorks are willing to give us. Bad team, bad organization, bad coaches bad players.

I want more.

Define more?

What is more?

Its one thing to think the stadium is ugly, but what is it missing that it needs in your opinion? Don't tell me a retractible roof because thats pointless in the bay area.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

What an incredible offseason!

I think those feelings are more a result of relief that it appears the stadium will indeed be built and we are finally getting a new stadium, rather then a true like of the design. Anyone who is not dissapointed with this designs failure to provide the team with any advantages at all like our diviion rivals new stadiums do, is simply riding the high of recent news imo.

Personally, I think the team is doing the players the it's fans a diservice if they don't explore designs intended to provide an audible advantage for the Niners. I mean at this time when we are building from the ground up, why not give the team every chance they possibly can to have an advantage.

The largest lower seating bowl in the NFL, you do not think that will be an audible advantage?

This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

I think those feelings are more a result of relief that it appears the stadium will indeed be built and we are finally getting a new stadium, rather then a true like of the design. Anyone who is not dissapointed with this designs failure to provide the team with any advantages at all like our diviion rivals new stadiums do, is simply riding the high of recent news imo.

Personally, I think the team is doing the players the it's fans a diservice if they don't explore designs intended to provide an audible advantage for the Niners. I mean at this time when we are building from the ground up, why not give the team every chance they possibly can to have an advantage.

What you are talking about was specifically addressed with the largest lower bowl in the league. It brings more of the fans closer to the field, therefore resulting in more noise closer to the field.

Great minds think alike.

And do either of you believe for one moment that those people who will be sitting in thos seats will be the loud and obnoxious types? Will that largest lower bowl matter at all?

I would prefer to see a design that would allow the entire crowd to make a difference

Then why in the world would you even initially complain about the stadium design (which you didn't understand) in the first place. Unless you really believe that most of the crowd noise comes from the upper decks??? Or you were trying to say that only the mellow mushrooms could afford to fill the 40k of seats in the bottom rows and all us average joes will be riding tandem on the upper deck seats??? You defiantly just contradicted yourself and in doing so ousted yourself as only being here to be a nah say'er or inept at critical thinking..... massive fail on your part hahaha

............................//
...................../////
________////////

Ya, ok the top brings all the noise.

Plus if you do a little research you'll find that the two points of emphasis when the stadium was designed was to maximize sound and experience, I get how it doesn't look like it will be loud. I'm sure there is a plethora of engineering tricks used to help sound magnification and just because it doesn't fit our cookie cutter idea of what would be the best method doesn't mean it's not. Remember if engineering was so obvious and straight forward don't you think we'd all do it??

[ Edited by Shorteous on Jun 3, 2009 at 19:44:58 ]
After further review I love it! Its old school baby. It fits our whole new image (Coach Sing, Jerseys, style of play) As some have pointed out, a lot of the new stadiums look like George Cliton's "Mother Ship." 10 years from now they will look ultra lame. Old school isn't trendy and never goes out of style. Good call Niners.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 3, 2009 at 19:35:28 ]
I think its fantastic not to mention it will look 10 times better in real life.
I love the new stadium plan, I hope they don't change it too much.
I am so glad we didn't get one of those giant monstrosities like AZ or Irving, TX. Those stadiums try too hard to look futuristic, and like everything designed that way, they are going to look incredibly dated very quickly. Our plan is classic yet modern, and will age gracefully, not to mention give the fans a great experience.
I love it! Let's get it built!
  • Admiral49
  • Info N/A
I like it, the design reminds me of La Bombanera, an famous argentian soccer stadium that is renound worldwide for having an amazing atmosphere (but that's probably most likely due to the fans).

I really hope they add a couple a few things on there which are not in the original design to make the stadium look even better. A few small things can go a long way to make it look better.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Good to see all around.

The largest lower seating bowl in the NFL, you do not think that will be an audible advantage?

Good to see all around.

What you are talking about was specifically addressed with the largest lower bowl in the league. It brings more of the fans closer to the field, therefore resulting in more noise closer to the field.

Great minds think alike.

And do either of you believe for one moment that those people who will be sitting in thos seats will be the loud and obnoxious types? Will that largest lower bowl matter at all?

I would prefer to see a design that would allow the entire crowd to make a difference

Then why in the world would you even initially complain about the stadium design (which you didn't understand) in the first place. Unless you really believe that most of the crowd noise comes from the upper decks??? Or you were trying to say that only the mellow mushrooms could afford to fill the 40k of seats in the bottom rows and all us average joes will be riding tandem on the upper deck seats??? You defiantly just contradicted yourself and in doing so ousted yourself as only being here to be a nah say'er or inept at critical thinking..... massive fail on your part hahaha

............................//
...................../////
________////////

Ya, ok the top brings all the noise.

Plus if you do a little research you'll find that the two points of emphasis when the stadium was designed was to maximize sound and experience, I get how it doesn't look like it will be loud. I'm sure there is a plethora of engineering tricks used to help sound magnification and just because it doesn't fit our cookie cutter idea of what would be the best method doesn't mean it's not. Remember if engineering was so obvious and straight forward don't you think we'd all do it??

By your own design, the Yorks are offering a stadium more like

.................................................//
.........................................../////
....________///////////////

how exactly is that going to keep the noise in? Also as I have posted elsewhere, how exactly does this foster a rabid, crowd involved, football experience? It makes for a beach party type evironment, which is fun and all, just not what should be the focus for a FOOTBALL stadium, imo.

[ Edited by WINiner on Jun 4, 2009 at 05:16:38 ]
Originally posted by 09etihW:
The Niners as a team and in our History don't have the huge following of hardcore season ticket holders. It's just not the same as places like GB or KC or Sea. Seattle is only on that list now because the owners were smart and built a stadium designed to get the fans involed. This created a hardcore base of season ticket holders that go all crazy feeling empowered by the thought that they are making a difference in the outcome of the game. The Yorks build a stadium thats so open, they are actually making noise a defecet compared to other teams. That large huge lower bowl is a bad thing imo. I would have rather seen a smaller lower section and a larger middle. They built it to cater to corporate parties then they did to suit the fans imo.

You are welcome to what ever opinion you like, but I continue to be very dissapointed with the front office in regards to this stadium. It screams fairweather fan.

Uh...we sold out every game for over 25 years.

With 50%-60% fairweather fans who were just along for the ride. Where are those fans now? In 2008 when we were worried about blackouts. No offense to anyone in this forum cause obviously.....but our fan base is nowhere near as hardcore as the Brows, Packers, Cheifs, Jets etc. With this stadium the Yorks had a chance to change that and they lay an egg with a stadium thats more built to foster a laid back wine and cheese good time, rather then a rabid football environment.

Again, just my opinion and not intended to offend any oldtimers that were and are there every Sunday.

You may not personally like that stadium but don't try to speak for the rest of the Niner nation.

Reading comprehension FTW

I know its your opnion but your post was implying that the Yorks failed in exciting the fan base. Is this not true?

In doing so you are trying to speak for the rest of Niner nation.

How is saying I don't like the design and emphasizing that it is my opinion speaking for the rest of Niner Nation?

And I never said the Yorks failed to excite the fanbase. Please quote my posts where I did. Our fanbse would be excited to throw up a highschool football stadium if it meant we are fiiiiiinally getting a new stadium. I simply said that the current stadium design is not designed to get the fan involved, IN MY OPINION

[ Edited by WINiner on Jun 4, 2009 at 05:29:52 ]

I want more.

Define more?

What is more?

Its one thing to think the stadium is ugly, but what is it missing that it needs in your opinion? Don't tell me a retractible roof because thats pointless in the bay area.

What exactly is your hangup with retractable roofs? I would say the majority of fans would prefer an open roof design, including those that are not happy with the current design.
  • yoyo49
  • Info N/A

I want more.

Define more?

What is more?

What exactly is your hangup with retractable roofs? I would say the majority of fans would prefer an open roof design, including those that are not happy with the current design.

I'm just trying to figure out what some of the detractors of the new design want instead. I know you have said that you just don't like the design. But others when complaining about the current design tend to point to the Cards and Cowboys Stadium as what they would have liked to see. And really the only difference between their stadiums and ours is...... the retractible roof.

Btw, if you take the dome off the cardinals stadium, it is a very simple design. Basically a double deck, horseshoe design.

It is easy to tear something down, but nobody has come out with better ideas.
Share 49ersWebzone