New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

• flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FriscoKid220:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
You guys always get hyped off of anything the niners do. No matter if it's weak a** players or a weak a** stadium. It doesn't take away from the fact that we have the only half stadium in the league. So what if it has the largest lower deck. Big f**king deal. So half of the stadium is for the fans and the other half is for the rich snobs. They get their own half of the field so they can be in their little box seats. Screw this stupid stadium. It's about as good as all of your dumb opinions that always seem to be wrong. This is the next step in the failure of the stupid webzone click. You guys are "Homers"

i regret the time that i took to read that.

-9fA

I regret the day you were born

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by 49123:
The only thing that's missing is the huge bronze statutes at the top of the pedestrian walkways over looking the field.

Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young would be great starters!!!

Uh, you forgot Ronnie Lott.

Fixed.

The Niners as a team and in our History don't have the huge following of hardcore season ticket holders. It's just not the same as places like GB or KC or Sea. Seattle is only on that list now because the owners were smart and built a stadium designed to get the fans involed. This created a hardcore base of season ticket holders that go all crazy feeling empowered by the thought that they are making a difference in the outcome of the game. The Yorks build a staium thats so open, they are actually making noise a defecet compared to other teams. That large huge lower bowl is a bad thing imo. I would have rather seen a smaller lower section and a larger middle. They built it to cater to corporate parties then they did to suit the fans imo.

You are welcome to what ever opinion you like, but I continue to be very dissapointed with the front office in regards to this stadium. It screams fairweather fan.
this is not buger king you cant have it your way!
Originally posted by WINiner:
The Niners as a team and in our History don't have the huge following of hardcore season ticket holders. It's just not the same as places like GB or KC or Sea. Seattle is only on that list now because the owners were smart and built a stadium designed to get the fans involed. This created a hardcore base of season ticket holders that go all crazy feeling empowered by the thought that they are making a difference in the outcome of the game. The Yorks build a staium thats so open, they are actually making noise a defecet compared to other teams. That large huge lower bowl is a bad thing imo. I would have rather seen a smaller lower section and a larger middle. They built it to cater to corporate parties then they did to suit the fans imo.

You are welcome to what ever opinion you like, but I continue to be very dissapointed with the front office in regards to this stadium. It screams fairweather fan.

Uh...we sold out every game for over 25 years.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Finally!!!! Now all we have to wait is the voters, who, i'll go out on a limb and predict will approve it.

This is going to be a great stadium...not as glitzy as Dallas, NY, or AZ...the layout kinda reminds me of the Rose Bowl.

Hell yes!!! Open stadium is the way to go! Keeps the tradition of Kezar while bringing all the tech goodies of today!

Is this actually goin' to happen?

Isn't the resident of Santa Clara County the next to get a crack at this?

That is the last hurdle, the vote...I cant beleive we made it this far!

I guess I should find out when this vote is since I am a resident.
Originally posted by 09etihW:

With 50%-60% fairweather fans who were just along for the ride. Where are those fans now? In 2008 when we were worried about blackouts. No offense to anyone in this forum cause obviously.....but our fan base is nowhere near as hardcore as the Brows, Packers, Cheifs, Jets etc. With this stadium the Yorks had a chance to change that and they lay an egg with a stadium thats more built to foster a laid back wine and cheese good time, rather then a rabid football environment.

Again, just my opinion and not intended to offend any oldtimers that were and are there every Sunday.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
The stadium sucks. Bottom line the design is hella ugly and it sucks that half of our stadium is dedicated to corporate pigs in luxury boxes. Thats not creating a homefield advantage thats creating a corporate hangout. I guess it's appropriate that the stadium will be in Santa Clara perfect for google execs to watch the game in their little glass rooms. That will be great for noise half the stadium indoors real bright York you never cease to amaze me. Keep the San Francisco 49ers in San Francisco and let the SJ/SC fans keep there beloved Sharks.

Sigh.

I give up.

Fine. If you don't like it, don't get a ticket when its built. Taht will just leave more room for me. ;-)

You can't argue with someone about design principles when they use "hella" as an adjective to describe something.

I apologize. I did not realize that we were in English class. Perhaps I should have used extremely ugly to properly describe the appearnce of the stadium. This is the webzone bro not Harvard you definetely don't equate to my intellect so I prefer to dumb down while responding in the forum. Big words don't equate to smart. Its called slang get over it.

[ Edited by GONINERS09 on Jun 3, 2009 at 15:55:46 ]
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
You guys always get hyped off of anything the niners do. No matter if it's weak a** players or a weak a** stadium. It doesn't take away from the fact that we have the only half stadium in the league. So what if it has the largest lower deck. Big f**king deal. So half of the stadium is for the fans and the other half is for the rich snobs. They get their own half of the field so they can be in their little box seats. Screw this stupid stadium. It's about as good as all of your dumb opinions that always seem to be wrong. This is the next step in the failure of the stupid webzone click. You guys are "Homers"

-9fA

Is that bannable I've seen worse and didn't the guy insult him as well??? People are getting way to soft around here.

[ Edited by GONINERS09 on Jun 3, 2009 at 15:57:44 ]
  • yoyo49
  • Info N/A
The Niners as a team and in our History don't have the huge following of hardcore season ticket holders. It's just not the same as places like GB or KC or Sea. Seattle is only on that list now because the owners were smart and built a stadium designed to get the fans involed. This created a hardcore base of season ticket holders that go all crazy feeling empowered by the thought that they are making a difference in the outcome of the game. The Yorks build a stadium thats so open, they are actually making noise a defecet compared to other teams. That large huge lower bowl is a bad thing imo. I would have rather seen a smaller lower section and a larger middle. They built it to cater to corporate parties then they did to suit the fans imo.

With 50%-60% fairweather fans who were just along for the ride. Where are those fans now? In 2008 when we were worried about blackouts. No offense to anyone in this forum cause obviously.....but our fan base is nowhere near as hardcore as the Brows, Packers, Cheifs, Jets etc. With this stadium the Yorks had a chance to change that and they lay an egg with a stadium thats more built to foster a laid back wine and cheese good time, rather then a rabid football environment.

Again, just my opinion and not intended to offend any oldtimers that were and are there every Sunday.

Actually, its seemed they just laid an egg with you and a couple of other sporadic fans. You may not personally like that stadium but don't try to speak for the rest of the Niner nation.

In actuality the vast majority of niner fans like this new stadium and design. the poll in this thread and popular sentiment thus far is opposite of how you feel. I kind of suspect season ticket sales to spike once this stadium opens.

Its ok if you don't like the stadium, but don't try and make it seem like most everyone else feels the same way as you.

Originally posted by yoyo49:
The Niners as a team and in our History don't have the huge following of hardcore season ticket holders. It's just not the same as places like GB or KC or Sea. Seattle is only on that list now because the owners were smart and built a stadium designed to get the fans involed. This created a hardcore base of season ticket holders that go all crazy feeling empowered by the thought that they are making a difference in the outcome of the game. The Yorks build a stadium thats so open, they are actually making noise a defecet compared to other teams. That large huge lower bowl is a bad thing imo. I would have rather seen a smaller lower section and a larger middle. They built it to cater to corporate parties then they did to suit the fans imo.

You may not personally like that stadium but don't try to speak for the rest of the Niner nation.

Its ok if you don't like the stadium, but don't try and make it seem like most everyone else feels the same way as you.

Reading comprehension FTW

[ Edited by WINiner on Jun 3, 2009 at 16:05:48 ]
  • yoyo49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by yoyo49:

You may not personally like that stadium but don't try to speak for the rest of the Niner nation.

Reading comprehension FTW

I know its your opnion but your post was implying that the Yorks failed in exciting the fan base. Is this not true?

In doing so you are trying to speak for the rest of Niner nation.

[ Edited by yoyo49 on Jun 3, 2009 at 16:09:20 ]
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by hklar17:

good, so we know we wont have to see a pathetic fan like you at the games

ooooh, Ban him! Ban him!

Damn got nothing better to do than troll on another forum. Must have no life.
yeah you're right. These forums are for homers only. my bad.
Originally posted by nekst:
The Seahawks have crowd noise and the Cardinals have the retractable roof. What do the 49ers have? A huge opening in the side of the stadium with a lot of luxury boxes? I guess we won't really know until the stadium is built...

To me resembles Kezar stadium the open entrance
And the stairs
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

-9fA

Is that bannable I've seen worse and didn't the guy insult him as well??? People are getting way to soft around here.

Eh, I really just wanted an excuse to use the ban emoticon.
Share 49ersWebzone