There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Originally posted by NinerSteve:
I think the sight lines are the most important aspect. I am a season ticket holder and the fact that the lower bowl seats more fans than any other stadium in the NFL is a positive. I like the fact that the suites are all on the west side of the field with the press boxes too.

The one thing I would like to see improvments on is the jumbotron, it can be a lot larger than what is on the plan.

Speaking of things being larger, the seats will now be 21 inches wide as opposed to the 19 inch seats at the Stick.
Finally!!!! Now all we have to wait is the voters, who, i'll go out on a limb and predict will approve it.

This is going to be a great stadium...not as glitzy as Dallas, NY, or AZ...the layout kinda reminds me of the Rose Bowl.
  • MertonsMerkin
  • Info N/A
I do wish that it would be closer to, or in the city, but that ship has sailed. That having been said, I'm a big fan of the design. The open sections on the corners remind me of Kezar.
i don't think we've seen enough
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by NinerSteve:
I think the sight lines are the most important aspect. I am a season ticket holder and the fact that the lower bowl seats more fans than any other stadium in the NFL is a positive. I like the fact that the suites are all on the west side of the field with the press boxes too.

The one thing I would like to see improvments on is the jumbotron, it can be a lot larger than what is on the plan.

Speaking of things being larger, the seats will now be 21 inches wide as opposed to the 19 inch seats at the Stick.

Yahhhhoooooo...I can fit more garlic fries and beer!!!!

I also like the fact that you could be at a concession stand and still see the game...that is frickin' awesome!!!!! Since our seats were relocated to upper box this year, I am looking forward to this new stadium and where our seats will be as I want to stay put.

The other thing mentioned too was the fact that this facility will be more eco-friendly (tree-huggers unite) and will have "state-of-the-art" technology across the board from banners to Monitors to jumbotrons...hey, in Silicon Valley we better have the best tech.

I love the fact that the faces of the buildings can be used to promote whatever they want...l can see it now...screen shots of past players and plays that made us who we are...The Great Bill Walsh(RIP), Brodie, Nomellini, Montana, Lott, the catch, the catch II, Steve Young's run as well as Craigs...just keep the film coming while fans come into the stadium.

Yup, that would be sick!!!!
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Finally!!!! Now all we have to wait is the voters, who, i'll go out on a limb and predict will approve it.

This is going to be a great stadium...not as glitzy as Dallas, NY, or AZ...the layout kinda reminds me of the Rose Bowl.

Hell yes!!! Open stadium is the way to go! Keeps the tradition of Kezar while bringing all the tech goodies of today!

Is this actually goin' to happen?

Originally posted by ninertico:

Hell yes!!! Open stadium is the way to go! Keeps the tradition of Kezar while bringing all the tech goodies of today!

Isn't the resident of Santa Clara County the next to get a crack at this?
Man, out of everyone here I think I've hated that somewhat generic design the most. After seeing the vid I can honestly say, I don't hate it. Good enough for me, I guess. Just build the thing already.
I don't care how glamorous you make it look, IT STILL SUXXXXXXX!!!!!!! We're the only ones with a damn half stadium. It looks like we got cheap and lazy with the whole design. You guys say well we're in a recession, then don't make the stupid thing at all if it's going to be "half assed." We should just blow up candlestick and build a new staduim there. We can play at stanford for at least one season. The damn new stadium looks like stanfords anyway.

SCREW THIS STADIUM!
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Isn't the resident of Santa Clara County the next to get a crack at this?

That is the last hurdle, the vote...I cant beleive we made it this far!
TICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by FriscoKid220:
I don't care how glamorous you make it look, IT STILL SUXXXXXXX!!!!!!! We're the only ones with a damn half stadium. It looks like we got cheap and lazy with the whole design. You guys say well we're in a recession, then don't make the stupid thing at all if it's going to be "half assed." We should just blow up candlestick and build a new staduim there. We can play at stanford for at least one season. The damn new stadium looks like stanfords anyway.

SCREW THIS STADIUM!

Isn't it nap time kid....
Originally posted by MertonsMerkin:
I do wish that it would be closer to, or in the city, but that ship has sailed. That having been said, I'm a big fan of the design. The open sections on the corners remind me of Kezar.

Your name...
Originally posted by FriscoKid220:

SCREW THIS STADIUM!

WOW.

Please. Go away.
You guys should watch the video they have on 49ers.com that explained the stadium.

Some things they have mentioned: green roof, solar panels, paperless ticketing

Also the suites being on one side create the largest low seating bowl in the NFL, here is your acoustical advantage

more:
optimal sightlines
high quality ammenities
open views of the field at each of the pedestrian plazas
seating bowl: open party decks
upper pedestration seating something by each scoreboard
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home