There are 307 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

I agree with the overall sentiment, but I have one question.

Can everyone just walk in off the street into the stadium?

Where they show everyone walking in, it is so wide open that it seems like an awkward spot to put up some ugly gates. I'm sure it will be worked out later, but it just looks weird in the video.
Looks good, now build it. I agree that the finished stadium will look better than any drawing, modtly because it is REAL!!! Icannot wait for the 49ers to play here.
Originally posted by a24hrdad:

Where they show everyone walking in, it is so wide open that it seems like an awkward spot to put up some ugly gates. I'm sure it will be worked out later, but it just looks weird in the video.

I was wondering the same thing. ;-) There are TWO openings like that to the stadium...not sure how thats going to be addressed, but I'm sure they already know.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

What an incredible offseason!

I had a sneaking suspicion.

As for my feelings on it. I think the design is great! It celebrates our temperate weather rather than hiding from it like the other stadiums mentioned by detractors. Also residing in the Santa Cruz area gives the location an advantage for me personally! I can see season tickets in my future.

I think the hunters point location would be awesome as well but man there is a mountain of todo's standing in the way of that no matte what Newsom says.

[ Edited by DJD on Jun 3, 2009 at 09:34:35 ]

No, it was part of the deal, Santa Clara demanded an open entry stadium so any random passer bye can just walk right into the games and enjoy the entertainment...

Okay, that's sarcasm if you missed it.

Of course there will be a gated area and I'm pretty sure the designers have taken this into consideration LONG before these drawing were made public.
I like it

just the overhead view of it doesn't look that impressive
Looks nice.............long overdue..................
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I like it

just the overhead view of it doesn't look that impressive

The design of it is fugly until all the seats are occupied and the stadium is lit in the nighttime view. It looks like something you'd see in the Mid West, like Arrowhead Stadium or something really dated looking. I really hope they name it Bill Walsh Stadium, like they did in Green Bay for Vince Lombardi.
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by natrone06:

Man, some of you guys and your photoshop skills are F-N awesome.

Nice job.
At first I wasn't that impressed. But as the video went on it grew on me instantly. I do like how the stairs lead directly to a beautiful view of the field. I noticed some fans were hoping for a dome type like the Cards. But I think those people fail to recognize that we live in one of the most beautiful environments on earth, so hiding our weather in a dome would not make sense. Plus I love that banner of our Favorite 9er right at the entrance.

Tickets are so old school - it will now be first come, first served!
Originally posted by 49123:
Originally posted by natrone06:

Man, some of you guys and your photoshop skills are F-N awesome.

Nice job.

Co-signed. This will also help some of the Homers that keep demanding that the stadium needs more sparkles and colors like other stadiums.
Originally posted by 49123:

No, it was part of the deal, Santa Clara demanded an open entry stadium so any random passer bye can just walk right into the games and enjoy the entertainment...

Okay, that's sarcasm if you missed it.

Of course there will be a gated area and I'm pretty sure the designers have taken this into consideration LONG before these drawing were made public.

I got the sarcasm, thanks.

I also pointed out I was sure they thought of it too. I however find it strange that they would have the promo video showing people walking in directly from the street into a gaping wide open area. In some types of video's I could see that. But in a stadium in which you could get stripped search.....not so much.
  • NinerSteve
  • Info N/A
I think the sight lines are the most important aspect. I am a season ticket holder and the fact that the lower bowl seats more fans than any other stadium in the NFL is a positive. I like the fact that the suites are all on the west side of the field with the press boxes too.

The one thing I would like to see improvments on is the jumbotron, it can be a lot larger than what is on the plan.