Not a member? Register Now!

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by sizzle86:

Whoah where is that stadium from?

That's the Olympic stadium in Beijing, China.

Yup. That pretty much sums it up. Though being up here in Washington, I paid attention to Qwest going up(dreaming of what could have been and what COULD be, for our beloved 9ers new digs) and I have to say that it pretty much went up the same as what the architects proposed drawings showed. I was pretty impressed how fast it went up too.

Not to carry on a dead argument, but I wasn't defending this current rendition of the proposal. I think that it is uglier than all get out and the 4 stairwells going to the same point is just about stupid. Can you bottleneck 30k+ people any better than that?

Think about it California/San Andreas Fault mmmmmm scary to think that the Architect that was employed to put this together even has a license to practice his incompetence.

So I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my criticism but it's entirely valid in this case. I've grown up around a master Architect who now lives with his Daughter and her family in Israel. I can guarantee that he would have crapped bricks at this proposal if that's all they had. Never mind this 2/3 split of the stadium. Will it be loud probably but when the dust settles who the hell cares how loud it was 3 minutes prior to the building coming down around our ears?

~Ceadder

I'm sorry dude, but your getting a little carried away. Are you really trying to say that because you grew up around a master architect it gave you such a keen eye in the field to be able to dissect artist sketches to the point that you can tell that the building will come down in an earthquake, despite these designs and plans being created by multi-billion dollar corporations?

Please tell me you aren't serious.

Yup. That pretty much sums it up. Though being up here in Washington, I paid attention to Qwest going up(dreaming of what could have been and what COULD be, for our beloved 9ers new digs) and I have to say that it pretty much went up the same as what the architects proposed drawings showed. I was pretty impressed how fast it went up too.

Not to carry on a dead argument, but I wasn't defending this current rendition of the proposal. I think that it is uglier than all get out and the 4 stairwells going to the same point is just about stupid. Can you bottleneck 30k+ people any better than that?

Think about it California/San Andreas Fault mmmmmm scary to think that the Architect that was employed to put this together even has a license to practice his incompetence.

So I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my criticism but it's entirely valid in this case. I've grown up around a master Architect who now lives with his Daughter and her family in Israel. I can guarantee that he would have crapped bricks at this proposal if that's all they had. Never mind this 2/3 split of the stadium. Will it be loud probably but when the dust settles who the hell cares how loud it was 3 minutes prior to the building coming down around our ears?

~Ceadder

I'm sorry dude, but your getting a little carried away. Are you really trying to say that because you grew up around a master architect it gave you such a keen eye in the field to be able to dissect artist sketches to the point that you can tell that the building will come down in an earthquake, despite these designs and plans being created by multi-billion dollar corporations?

Please tell me you aren't serious.

Uh oh, quick someone notify the 49ers. Tell them that ceadderman thinks are stadium will implode after an earthquake. I'm sure they have no idea that earthquakes are common in California.

[ Edited by blanconoventa on Jun 9, 2009 at 01:33:51 ]

~Ceadder

Dude, have you even looked at the proposal - or at minimum, the video? You keep complaining that there is only one entrance to the stadium - it's laughable. Just look at the video.

Will you be happy if they design one that's round like you suggested earlier?

~Ceadder

I for one am not offended, but I think you're out to lunch on this one.

As far as your comment (serious or not) about the place coming down during an earthquake, it's not the Architect you need to worry about. It's the Structural and Geotechnical engineers that make sure the Architect's crazy ideas will withstand natural forces.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

~Ceadder

I for one am not offended, but I think you're out to lunch on this one.

As far as your comment (serious or not) about the place coming down during an earthquake, it's not the Architect you need to worry about. It's the Structural and Geotechnical engineers that make sure the Architect's crazy ideas will withstand natural forces.

Thanks for understanding that not everything written is completely serious.

The bottleneck issue is not good but for the record, NO, I do not believe that the stadium once built would just fall down. While I'm not keen on the architect Structural Engineers in the State of California are some of the best in the world.

I was only pointing out an OBVIOUS flaw in the design.

I would like to see something a little less obtrusive however. A bit more aesthetically interesting. Which is why I posted the round one. I would like something that has an old Roman Colosseum feel to it but with modern features and amenities.

But hey again that's just me. I don't expect the team to pitch their plans and go with what I and only I like, but apparently I'm a tyrant like that. Who knew.

~Ceadder
I'm ok with the design, wish it was a little more hip but it's still good.

I love this thing, field and seats are covered a little too much for football but still :

[ Edited by ninermaniac on Jun 10, 2009 at 00:20:57 ]
Originally posted by ninermaniac:

I love this thing, field and seats are covered a little too much for football but still :

See, now that's not bad at all.

I agree that it's a bit over sheltered but something like that is easily fixed with some competant engineering.

I think that it certainly looks better than that modified Shoebox that has been proposed.

~Ceadder

I agree that it's a bit over sheltered but something like that is easily fixed with some competant engineering.

I think that it certainly looks better than that modified Shoebox that has been proposed.

~Ceadder

you mean the open air stadium we have? that thing is f*cking ugly. where and what is that monstrosity?
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

~Ceadder

you mean the open air stadium we have? that thing is f*cking ugly. where and what is that monstrosity?

That's the new and "improved" Wembley Stadium.

-Blanco
I think the problem here is that some of us want a work of art and some of us are kinda old-school and want a stadium that looks like a stadium.

I don't want or need the space age looking artistic stuff, I just want a nice, but funcional stadium built for the fan experience...and thats what the SC stadium would be.

and BTW...that Wembly Stadium as ugly as hell.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I think the problem here is that some of us want a work of art and some of us are kinda old-school and want a stadium that looks like a stadium.

I don't want or need the space age looking artistic stuff, I just want a nice, but funcional stadium built for the fan experience...and thats what the SC stadium would be.

and BTW...that Wembly Stadium as ugly as hell.

I don't want a work of art, but geez some imagination would have been nice, no?

I am one of the I want it to look like a Stadium crowd.

But maybe I am spoiled by what McGowan and company got from their architectural firm. That ball park is rather sweet, I must say.

~Ceadder
  • MertonsMerkin
  • Info N/A

What is that? God's bottle opener?
This is what I would have liked.

You'll have to excuse the field that is on it.

Would have been something like a modern Roman Colosseum. All it needs is Giant 9er God Statues.

~Ceadder

Ha! I can't believe you put up a picture of the MCG, or 'the G' as it's known locally. I live about ten minutes from this stadium. The reason it may look like a Roman Colosseum is because it was built in 1853 (that's when the Roman's were kicking around yeah? ). Everything in the stadium has been replaced since then of course, but still, it's not what you would call a modern design, and not really a great design for a rectangular playing field. 100, 000 seats, but this thing is for Aussie Rules Football, not American football...