LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Just out of curiosity....

....this is my first season as a Season Ticket holder. Anyone have a preference when selling tix? NFL Ticket Exchange or Stubhub? Is it easier to tie it all together on NFL Ticket Exchange?

How are peeps already selling tix when we don't even have the invoice yet. It looked like NFL Ticket Exchange wants the barcodes on the tix.

I'm seeing huge price hikes online...do people actually pay those prices or do those prices come down?

Just trying to figure out when I should post the tix to the games I won't be going to and how much to post them for.

Just a few things to know...
-Stubhub charges 15% of of sale, Ticket exchange charges 10% so that seems like an easy choice. I believe Stubhub may have more users.
-And ticket exchange is much easier to use as it is directly linked to your ticket holder's account.
-List your tickets early
a. list tickets after a big win - for some reason, tickets always sell really well after a big win
b. list tickets several weeks early, and set a "declining" method (not sure if Stubhub does this). You will get the most money if you sell your tickets early. The longer you wait, the closer you are likely to get closer to face value, or maybe even less
c. I typically search prices in my section and comparable sections for a good starting point. If you are several weeks early, do not worry about listing the tickets higher than others
-You can also sell on Craigslist, but make sure you meet in a public location. If you are selling for a good amount ($200+/ticket), I would not recommend doing this. Others would likely disagree, but I am not comfortable exchanging large sums of money with complete strangers.
-Don't sell to your friends/family. Everyone I know does not want to pay the premium, but insists on paying what I have paid for them. You are losing money if you do this.

Most importantly, I want to reiterate to list your tickets early. Good Luck!
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:
-Stubhub charges 15% of of sale, Ticket exchange charges 10% so that seems like an easy choice. I believe Stubhub may have more users.
-And ticket exchange is much easier to use as it is directly linked to your ticket holder's account.
-List your tickets early
a. list tickets after a big win - for some reason, tickets always sell really well after a big win
b. list tickets several weeks early, and set a "declining" method (not sure if Stubhub does this). You will get the most money if you sell your tickets early. The longer you wait, the closer you are likely to get closer to face value, or maybe even less
c. I typically search prices in my section and comparable sections for a good starting point. If you are several weeks early, do not worry about listing the tickets higher than others
-You can also sell on Craigslist, but make sure you meet in a public location. If you are selling for a good amount ($200+/ticket), I would not recommend doing this. Others would likely disagree, but I am not comfortable exchanging large sums of money with complete strangers.
-Don't sell to your friends/family. Everyone I know does not want to pay the premium, but insists on paying what I have paid for them. You are losing money if you do this.

As a first time season ticket holder, this is gold. Thanks for the advice!
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
-List your tickets early

I wouldn't listen to all of it. Actually StubHub changed their fees this year. To 10%. But even last year StubHub was 15% to the seller and 10% to the buyer. TicketExchange is 10% to the seller and 15% to the buyer. It is the same price to the buyer and the fees get added at checkout of ticketmaster which seems to spook some people off. I found StubHub sells way better than TE. Pretty much sell exclusively on SH, they are just the standard and seem to get way more traffic and they give you a lot more interesting analytics to figure out how to price your tickets.

And I would sell to friends and family for face. Not just because I am a nice guy but because I am not a hog, I don't want to get slaughtered. Yeah you can charge a huge premium right now since the team is good. But when the team is crap those people you sold to for face will still want their tickets for face (even though they could get them for under on the secondary market). I would say use some common sense.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
-List your tickets early

Ditto.

I plan on putting them up as soon as I have them, but it looks like peeps ALREADY have them up. Not sure how they are doing that.

My plan was to go with NFL Ticket Exchange.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
I wouldn't listen to all of it. Actually StubHub changed their fees this year. To 10%. But even last year StubHub was 15% to the seller and 10% to the buyer. TicketExchange is 10% to the seller and 15% to the buyer. It is the same price to the buyer and the fees get added at checkout of ticketmaster which seems to spook some people off. I found StubHub sells way better than TE. Pretty much sell exclusively on SH, they are just the standard and seem to get way more traffic and they give you a lot more interesting analytics to figure out how to price your tickets.

And I would sell to friends and family for face. Not just because I am a nice guy but because I am not a hog, I don't want to get slaughtered. Yeah you can charge a huge premium right now since the team is good. But when the team is crap those people you sold to for face will still want their tickets for face (even though they could get them for under on the secondary market). I would say use some common sense.

Ah, didn't know stubhub changed their policy. That is good to know. Stubhub does get a lot more traffic, and let's face it, everyone knows about stubhub. I personally haven't had any more luck selling tickets on stubhub than ticket exchange. I had 4 tickets last year, one pair behind the other, and tried both sites several times and did not notice a difference in sale price or timing.

I have also tried Stubhub's averaging system of determining the sale price and a couple times it dipped much lower than I anticipated on selling them. Fortunately, I adjusted the price prior to the tickets selling. That was plenty for me not to try it again. Maybe they have improved that as well. The friends and family thing is more of a personal thing. Maybe my family and friends are cheap, because when the niners were crap in 2006-07, nobody wanted to give me $74 for each ticket when they could get them for $25.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Just out of curiosity....

....this is my first season as a Season Ticket holder. Anyone have a preference when selling tix? NFL Ticket Exchange or Stubhub? Is it easier to tie it all together on NFL Ticket Exchange?

How are peeps already selling tix when we don't even have the invoice yet. It looked like NFL Ticket Exchange wants the barcodes on the tix.

I'm seeing huge price hikes online...do people actually pay those prices or do those prices come down?

Just trying to figure out when I should post the tix to the games I won't be going to and how much to post them for.

Or hit up guys here on the zone. I am an interested buyer, im sure there are others.
Tickets vs the Bears in my section selling for $399 on stubhub
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, I hate when they cut the grass with those crop lines. I hope they don't plan on doing that permanently.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, I hate when they cut the grass with those crop lines. I hope they don't plan on doing that permanently.

Same here. I like how the Giants don't bother with any lines like that at AT&T. Hopefully Levi's ends up with a more uniform pattern.

It's highly unlikely, but I'm hoping the end zones have the Quentin font again
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Agreed. Maybe that's for the soccer game. Looks more like a soccer field right now.

Also agree on the quentin font.

Lol @ you guys complaining about the pattern of the grass....

Stuffs been in for barely a week, I'm sure it will be completely different looking when kickoff rolls around.

Complain about an old ass broken down stadium, get a new stadium that the paints still wet and you complain about the way the grass is "cut"....

You guys remind me of my HOA clowns in my neighborhood who complain if you don't have the correct ratio of flower species planted throughout your yard...
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
STFU
Originally posted by Muggins:
STFU

I would but you would probably complain about it.....
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Sounds like you are the one in here b***hing to me. Why don't you go step to the clowns in your HOA and quit worrying about a thread on the internet.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Sounds like you are the one in here b***hing to me. Why don't you go step to the clowns in your HOA and quit worrying about a thread on the internet.

Lol, I never bi$&hed to you. I just said its hilarious that people can find a way to complain about the way the grass "looks" and is "cut" when it's barely been a week since it was layed down.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

It's just amazing how people find a way to complain about everything....

As far as worrying about this thread..... that's a joke. I'm here to see *Stadium pics* as the thread is titled....
[ Edited by CWin4949 on Apr 26, 2014 at 6:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone