LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gavin Newsome said this would happen.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Gavin Newsome said this would happen.

well Santa Clara got such a sweet deal its not hard to see that its up to Jed and the NFL to get the financing.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Is this a fact or another Jed prediction?
Originally posted by Apone:

Anyone want to bet on 2015? I'll take the over.
Originally posted by rapid4:

I'm taking the over as well. I don't trust our front office to get things done at all anymore.

I'm taking the over as well. I don't trust our front office to get things done at all anymore.

Same.

But in no way do I think the 49ers will move to LA.

Area49 makes some of the most absurdest connections and reaches I've seen. I seriously wonder how he became so adamant that the 49ers will move to LA.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Same.

Area49 makes some of the most absurdest connections and reaches I've seen. I seriously wonder how he became so adamant that the 49ers will move to LA.

-9fA

probably because he lives in LA and doesn't want to travel to watch the team.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Same.

-9fA

The 49ers are not moving here. If anything, I think we'll get the jags down here. Talk of any team coming to LA is hot air at this point and doesn't really deserve any attention.

I would hope the Yorks could find it in their hearts to sell the team before even considering a move to anywhere.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Oct 22, 2010 at 15:36:41 ]

The 49ers are not moving here. If anything, I think we'll get the jags down here. Talk of any team coming to LA is hot air at this point and doesn't really deserve any attention.

I would hope the Yorks could find it in their hearts to sell the team before even considering a move to anywhere.

Yorks have refused all overtures to sell. Our only hope is if they move to LA and we get a new franchise.

Yorks have refused all overtures to sell. Our only hope is if they move to LA and we get a new franchise.

Hopefully the yorks would get frustrated and reconsider selling if progress isn't being being made on the Santa Clara project.

Having them move and get another franchise doesn't sound like a good option for us fans. I wouldn't hold my breath for the NFL to rush to get a new franchise in San Francisco or the bay area.

Shut down that stadium going to Santa Clara!!! Vote no on any stadium propositions that come up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Build the Stadium in San Francisco!! There's space all over the place!

[ Edited by 49erSonicXL on Oct 23, 2010 at 10:48:38 ]
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So the stadium has been pushed until 2015?

I'm pretty sure that, if given the chance, Ed Roski or Casey Wasserman (who's a good friend of the Yorks) could have a stadium built in LA by then.

Again, I'm not saying I WANT it to happen. But I think it's inevitable. We'll get used to the Los Angeles 49ers eventually, just like New Yorkers got used to the San Francisco Giants and Dodgers, like LA got used to the St. Louis Rams, and like Baltimore got used to the Indianapolis Colts.

LOL Yeah because all of those teams had won 5 superbowls and had multiple players in the top 5 all time. Get real, stealing the 49ers from SF would be highway f**king robbery. You always say you want it to happen because you'll say you don't want it to happen when you've even said you hope your stupid city can steal our team.

Yeah, you're right. None of those teams had any history.

And do you really think the owners, the league, or the players care about "highway robbery"? They don't see it as stealing. They see it as maximizing profit. Which it is.

Maximizing profit???? B.S.! Northern Cali and the Bay have tons of revenue for the football team. Screw L.A. and its fake Glee-tard economy!!!! The Santa Clara Stadium WOULD be robbery of this city's team. Santa Clara knows it! You know it! They know it! Anyone saying different can take a flying leap!!

[ Edited by 49erSonicXL on Oct 23, 2010 at 10:42:47 ]
Originally posted by 49erSonicXL:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So the stadium has been pushed until 2015?

I'm pretty sure that, if given the chance, Ed Roski or Casey Wasserman (who's a good friend of the Yorks) could have a stadium built in LA by then.

Again, I'm not saying I WANT it to happen. But I think it's inevitable. We'll get used to the Los Angeles 49ers eventually, just like New Yorkers got used to the San Francisco Giants and Dodgers, like LA got used to the St. Louis Rams, and like Baltimore got used to the Indianapolis Colts.

LOL Yeah because all of those teams had won 5 superbowls and had multiple players in the top 5 all time. Get real, stealing the 49ers from SF would be highway f**king robbery. You always say you want it to happen because you'll say you don't want it to happen when you've even said you hope your stupid city can steal our team.

Yeah, you're right. None of those teams had any history.

And do you really think the owners, the league, or the players care about "highway robbery"? They don't see it as stealing. They see it as maximizing profit. Which it is.

Maximizing profit???? B.S.! Northern Cali and the Bay have tons of revenue for the football team. Screw L.A. and its fake Glee-tard economy!!!! The Santa Clara Stadium WOULD be robbery of this city's team. Santa Clara knows it! You know it! They know it! Anyone saying different can take a flying leap!!

You don't favor the Santa Clara project either.
*Sigh*

I'm just saying it's quite likely that the 49ers will move to LA. The Yorks have no loyalty to this place, and if they do decide to move, there's no guarantee they'll leave their name and history behind.

After all, the Colts, Rams, and Oilers all had illustrious histories and got to keep them. Really, the Browns are the exception to the rule.
*Sigh*

I'm just saying it's quite likely that the 49ers will move to LA. The Yorks have no loyalty to this place, and if they do decide to move, there's no guarantee they'll leave their name and history behind.

After all, the Colts, Rams, and Oilers all had illustrious histories and got to keep them. Really, the Browns are the exception to the rule.

Share 49ersWebzone