LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
C-Link, which is supposedly the loudest stadium in the league, has a giant opening on one side, which is just as big as our two openings. Yet dome stadiums, which are 100% closed in, can't match their noise level. Hmm...

sounds like no one knows what the hell they are talking about. we just have to wait until week one to see how loud it really gets.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
C-Link, which is supposedly the loudest stadium in the league, has a giant opening on one side, which is just as big as our two openings. Yet dome stadiums, which are 100% closed in, can't match their noise level. Hmm...

sounds like no one knows what the hell they are talking about. we just have to wait until week one to see how loud it really gets.

It's going dead silent

First home game is week 2
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It's going dead silent

First home game is week 2

Roger "I have a gay brother" Goodell wants the SB champ to win the season-opening kickoff game. That's why it's 90% likely we play at Seadderall Sep 4th.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not saying I like any of these names, but I can imagine someone using one of several nicknames for the field:

"Field of Jeans" (mentioned a bunch already)
"The Zipper"
"Pants Park"

I'm good with just "Levi's" ...

Denim Dungeon
With the new stadium will they get new look uniforms & logo? You know the NFL is all about the $$$$ so I wouldn't be surprised
not what I'd want but billionaires being billionaires........
[ Edited by 16to87 on Feb 14, 2014 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by 16to87:
With the new stadium will they get new look uniforms & logo? You know the NFL is all about the $$$$ so I wouldn't be surprised

Doubt it highly.

It was a big deal for them a few years ago to go back to their traditional uniforms. I don't see them changing that anytime soon.

Now...maybe a throwback like the ones they wore in '94 once per year? That might be cool.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Doubt it highly.

It was a big deal for them a few years ago to go back to their traditional uniforms. I don't see them changing that anytime soon.

Now...maybe a throwback like the ones they wore in '94 once per year? That might be cool.

Man, I'd love to bust out the '94 throwbacks for a divisional matchup or playoff game at least once sometime soon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
gonna be quiet as library. lol

A potential downside to all that openness -- depending on how much you treasure your hearing - is that Levi's Stadium doesn't seem like it will be a particularly loud stadium. Unlike its counterpart in Seattle, which was built to protect fans from the rain, there are very few overhangs and spaces to trap and reflect sound. Seattle's stadium was designed to shield people from the rain; Santa Clara's was built to welcome in the light.

The other Debbie Downer observation (from someone who lived in that part of Santa Clara for four years) is that there's not much to see. The best feature of that part of the bay is that it is between two mountain ranges. Otherwise, there is a parking lot and an amusement part to the west, an electrical station to the southeast and the 49ers practice facility to the east. If such a translucent stadium had been built on the edge of the San Francisco Bay, for example, there would be a lot more to look at. Of course, the design probably couldn't have been as airy in a spot where the air can be cold and unpleasant.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/02/let-there-be-light-thoughts-on-the-49ers-new-stadium.html#storylink=cpy
Seattle's stadium wasn't that loud in the playoffs because they couldn't pump in the noise like they do normally. Someone must have been watching for it, the dB meter got nowhere near the 137 mark.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Doubt it highly.

Man, I'd love to bust out the '94 throwbacks for a divisional matchup or playoff game at least once sometime soon.

We're rocking jean jackets and 501's

can't wait till the grass gets rolled in
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Looks great
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Got a DVD of top 10 plays at Candlestick in the mail today from the Niners

Anyone else got it...or am I the last one to get this lol
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 14, 2014 at 9:32 PM ]
I love these articles that say it's nearly complete. At the bottom of the latest article, a small disclaimer about how they need to do all of the electrical, plumbing, all 68k seats, and the concrete walkways outside and inside of the stadium....

At least it should be done by this summer.
Share 49ersWebzone