There are 173 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Area sighting in

Bad news for a speedy construction:

Quote:
NFL statement on stadium opening timeline:

The 49ers have made significant progress on the stadium project in Santa Clara. Unfortunately, the current economics of the NFL and the uncertainty of our labor situation are preventing the NFL clubs from investing in major stadium projects at this time. There have been no new stadiums approved under the economics of the 2006 CBA. We are working hard to reach an agreement with the players' union that will provide the resources once again for significant capital investments by the league in projects such as a new Bay Area stadium.

49ers statement on stadium opening timeline:

The overall economic arrangements between the NFL and the players' union directly impact the ability of teams and the league to finance new stadiums. Until there is a new Collective Bargaining Agreement that embraces the realities of NFL economics today, the Santa Clara stadium project won’t attract the required funding from either the NFL clubs or the financial markets. Since the financing plan needs to be in place several years before the stadium opens, the planned 2014 opening date may be delayed by a year.

The NFL has invested billions of dollars in new stadiums across the country in the past two decades. A new stadium in the Bay Area is vital to the 49ers and the NFL. It now sits on the drawing board ready to go to the financing stage. But without a CBA that adequately recognizes the costs of new stadiums and other capital expenses required to generate revenue that largely goes to the players, the 49ers and the NFL cannot make a major investment in a new stadium at this time. We are hopeful that an agreement can be reached with the union as soon as possible to facilitate the investment needed to move forward with this project.

f**k you to all the millionaires fighting over more money that is keeping me from getting a cup holder.
So the stadium has been pushed until 2015?

I'm pretty sure that, if given the chance, Ed Roski or Casey Wasserman (who's a good friend of the Yorks) could have a stadium built in LA by then.

Again, I'm not saying I WANT it to happen. But I think it's inevitable. We'll get used to the Los Angeles 49ers eventually, just like New Yorkers got used to the San Francisco Giants and Dodgers, like LA got used to the St. Louis Rams, and like Baltimore got used to the Indianapolis Colts.
Originally posted by area49:

I'm pretty sure that, if given the chance, Ed Roski or Casey Wasserman (who's a good friend of the Yorks) could have a stadium built in LA by then.

Again, I'm not saying I WANT it to happen. But I think it's inevitable. We'll get used to the Los Angeles 49ers eventually, just like New Yorkers got used to the San Francisco Giants and Dodgers, like LA got used to the St. Louis Rams, and like Baltimore got used to the Indianapolis Colts.

LOL Yeah because all of those teams had won 5 superbowls and had multiple players in the top 5 all time. Get real, stealing the 49ers from SF would be highway f**king robbery. You always say you want it to happen because you'll say you don't want it to happen when you've even said you hope your stupid city can steal our team.

LOL Yeah because all of those teams had won 5 superbowls and had multiple players in the top 5 all time. Get real, stealing the 49ers from SF would be highway f**king robbery. You always say you want it to happen because you'll say you don't want it to happen when you've even said you hope your stupid city can steal our team.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

this.

Yeah, you're right. None of those teams had any history.

And do you really think the owners, the league, or the players care about "highway robbery"? They don't see it as stealing. They see it as maximizing profit. Which it is.

Yeah, you're right. None of those teams had any history.

And do you really think the owners, the league, or the players care about "highway robbery"? They don't see it as stealing. They see it as maximizing profit. Which it is.

Comprehension fail! Dude, look at what happened when the Browns moved. They kept the name. I'm willing to guess it'd be the same thing in the off chance the 49ers did move. The Packers play in old ass Lambeau Field(which probably was remodeled, I have no idea) and the NFL pretty much would never move them. The Rams were trash, NY already had the Yankees and Mets, and the Colts were stolen but there was a lot of negative reaction to that. 49ers are the only football team SF has, they have the most history in the Bay Area and the most championships of any team save Pittsburgh and tied with Dallas, damn near more HOFers than any team in all of the NFL, etc. Off chance they do move you can go fap to your new LA Cougars or whatever because SF should keep the name, or maybe we'll get lucky and you can have the Raiders!

Besides, I don't see why LA needs the 9ers. Jaguars get s**ttier fan turnout and so do a few other teams that also need new stadiums that are more likely to move, LA has 2 basketball and 2 baseball teams, SD has the Chargers who would be competing for fans, SoCal has the 2 hockey teams, SoCal also has UCLA and USC football and basketball and baseball(I know UCLA has baseball, not sure USC does), and they're trying to steal my Kings for a 3rd basketball team in Orange County. I mean holy s**t dude, how many sports teams do those greedy b*****ds need?
Originally posted by Envy:
What happens when it rains?

Stay home. Then you don't ever have to worry about that. lol

~Ceadder

I think if Policy can guarantee the development in the City(remember he's still working on this) and that he has the investors to break ground by 2012 (((the original date))) that we'd have a brand new Stadium that looks every bit like this model. Newsome will be long gone by that time and hopefully the City planning commission will have grabbed their cheeks and taken a dump so they can think clearly by then.

It's not getting built in Santa Clara. It was a nice idea to have alternate transportation to the games, but look at the Playoffs in AT&T Park right now. That place has been packed this whole series. If there's even standing room I'll eat my Gigantes hat.

When you're winning people don't give a crap about Busses and Light Rail. Football fans have ALWAYS been about Tailgating. You go to the game early to avoid getting stuck in Gridlock. You chill with some Brewskis and welcome friends with marinated Brats and a Cold one or two and then go burn it off rooting for your team. At the end of the game you let the people that have to work, leave and you keep each other company for a couple hours and hope to get some autographs in the Parking Lot before all the Players head out from the Park. This is how it's always been.

Look I'm as Green as the next guy, but this is FOOTBALL. If you don't want to deal with traffic stay home. Tickets are expensive. Sunday Ticket is too, but then you don't have to deal with long lines to the Head and some drunk spilling his Sierra Nevada down your back. This is how Newsome screwed us, what with his insistance on Parking Structures (ummmm let the City build their own parking structures) and low income housing etc.

Mass transit was just the icing on that cake and you people let em get away with that crap. The Yorks weren't taking it anymore which is why they went to Santa Clara to get it done. Only now the League is telling them if they go halvsies with the friggin Krypt Keeper that they'll give $300 million instead of $150 million. I don't blame the Yorks for not wanting to follow through with that crackpipe dream. Al Davis wants something for nothing and the League is pushing this to get him to shut up about Oakland. If he's serious about this then he'll tell the Yorks that he's willing to buy into it by compensating them for exactly HALF of the expenses since they started this deal in '96. But he's not so F@CK the Krypt Keeper and his merry band of misfits.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 21, 2010 at 03:29:26 ]
  • ZRF80
I have a feeling that the LA 49ers is becoming more of a reality.....
I guess you guys really can't read. The NFL isn't financing any new stadiums. That includes anything in LA.

Originally posted by ZRF80:

LOL no way that's raider market! no one would go to those games, because the majority of LA is Raider nation. I know because i've lived down there.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Seriously. It just makes economic sense for the team, the league, and the cities of Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Santa Clara.
Share 49ersWebzone