LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Looks kind of plain right now. I wonder what kind of decorations they'll put up on the bare plain sides.

I like how it is shaping up.
Someone posted the article stating that Levi's will be louder than Candlestick on Seahawks.net. Some fans (and the original poster) stated that we really won't know until the first game is played. However the majority of Seadderall fans said it has nothing to do with building design and everything to do with the people/fans in the stadium. I guess they have never read that article on how their building was designed to amplify sound. They think that their fans just cheer louder than everyone else.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Someone posted the article stating that Levi's will be louder than Candlestick on Seahawks.net. Some fans (and the original poster) stated that we really won't know until the first game is played. However the majority of Seadderall fans said it has nothing to do with building design and everything to do with the people/fans in the stadium. I guess they have never read that article on how their building was designed to amplify sound. They think that their fans just cheer louder than everyone else.

Even though everybody that goes to that stadium that's not a seattle fan says people aren't really cheering any louder or harder than most other loud stadiums in the NFL. And never mind the sound they pump in. Especially that airhorn noise thing they do until the playclock is almost up. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Even though everybody that goes to that stadium that's not a seattle fan says people aren't really cheering any louder or harder than most other loud stadiums in the NFL. And never mind the sound they pump in. Especially that airhorn noise thing they do until the playclock is almost up. lol

I was there last year and was confused by the atmosphere inside. Like you said they didn't seem to be yelling any louder than other stadiums I had been to. And in the section I was in it felt like the ground was vibrating up and down. Then I read the article that the material they used in the bench seats amplifies sound, plus all the other technical things done to amplify sound.

Cant say it better myself..

Then they're either delusional, ignorant or a combination of the two.

They are no louder than any other fan base. Without those two enormous canopies hanging over majority of the seating which reverberates the crowd noise back onto the field, what 12th man?!

Levi's should be louder than the Stick tho (Jed and the co project director basically confirmed it). The way it's built, it has a college like feel to it (and college stadiums can get really, really loud). The way the bowl is designed, it brings majority of the seats closer to the field, vertical extended seating, and of course that huge ass tower trapping the noise.
So then Levi's is kind of being designed to be louder then or not?
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Then they're either delusional, ignorant or a combination of the two.

They are no louder than any other fan base. Without those two enormous canopies hanging over majority of the seating which reverberates the crowd noise back onto the field, what 12th man?!

Levi's should be louder than the Stick tho (Jed and the co project director basically confirmed it). The way it's built, it has a college like feel to it (and college stadiums can get really, really loud). The way the bowl is designed, it brings majority of the seats closer to the field, vertical extended seating, and of course that huge ass tower trapping the noise.

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/09/17/the-science-of-sound-how-seattle-got-so-darn-loud/

While the vocal cords of Seahawks fans surely deserve credit for piercing ears, so do the designers of CenturyLink Field. Even though it's a mostly open-air stadium, the building traps noise. While CenturyLink Field isn't domed, two huge canopies — one on the east side of the stadium, the other on the west side — cover 70% of the seats. This design has two benefits. One, it protects fans from Seattle's famous rain. And two, it pumps up the volume.

cuz they think they somehow scream and yell louder than other fans lol

the height of stupidity and delusion
Originally posted by tmpluff:

Whether designed for it on purpose or not, Levi's will be louder than the stick, much louder. I've tried to argue this, but I'm in the minority. Just you watch though.
I think the contractor knows what he is talking about when he says it will be louder.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by tmpluff:

Whether designed for it on purpose or not, Levi's will be louder than the stick, much louder. I've tried to argue this, but I'm in the minority. Just you watch though.
I think the contractor knows what he is talking about when he says it will be louder.

Its true, and it makes sense.

The press boxes being all on one side make it so the upper deck isnt separated from the lower. The majority of the seating is lower bowl, like a college stadium, and will be very close to the field.

That mass of low, close seating will project noise across the field, and when it hits the large, flat, glass building on the other side, the noise will be deflected back onto the field. The open corners wont really be a factor in "losing sound".
Originally posted by Niners99:

Looks so sexy at night!
Share 49ersWebzone