There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New Stadium pics and info (added pics from stadium tour)...

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
stadium signage on the suite tower facade getting installed...



also, they're clearing out the field area in apparent prep for the installation of the sod...


Woah...did they turn on one of the Jumbotrons there?

This place has a classic, old-school sensibility with high-tech s**t galore. Very simple & to the point, but still looks f'in awesome!

Riight, just gorgeous/WAPOS .........

ya im not impressed at all but its not done yet. i kind of like the bowl look of candlestick. this looks like a bunch of buildings around a field

Well if you go by the renderings they showed of the finished deal this is about it except for the big images of our past stars on the entryways on either side of the suite tower. I think this is pretty close except some flags and stuff.. $1+ billion don't buy too much any more. The Stick was/is classic bro, it reeks of football tradition even tho it started life as a baseball park..

they couldve dont better I think. looks kind of cheap to me, candlestick looks badass from outside
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,069
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
they couldve dont better I think. looks kind of cheap to me, candlestick looks badass from outside

It does kind of look bland, but I think it'll look a little better once they put some paint on it.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Well if you go by the renderings they showed of the finished deal this is about it except for the big images of our past stars on the entryways on either side of the suite tower. I think this is pretty close except some flags and stuff.. $1+ billion don't buy too much any more. The Stick was/is classic bro, it reeks of football tradition even tho it started life as a baseball park..

I love the stick, but the stadium flow and experience are horrible. There's a reason why they don't build stadiums like that anymore. Levi's is about fan experience. When you leave your seats, you don't disappear from the game, into hallways that are too narrow and fighting through concession lines just to walk a few sections over. This will be like going from that old beat up car that you grew up on and love no matter what, to a brand new mercedes. All the bells and whistles while you're at the stadium will amaze you. It's not to look like a spaceship from and aerial view. It's to look amazing while you're there watching a game.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
stadium signage on the suite tower facade getting installed...



also, they're clearing out the field area in apparent prep for the installation of the sod...


Woah...did they turn on one of the Jumbotrons there?

This place has a classic, old-school sensibility with high-tech s**t galore. Very simple & to the point, but still looks f'in awesome!

Riight, just gorgeous/WAPOS .........

ya im not impressed at all but its not done yet. i kind of like the bowl look of candlestick. this looks like a bunch of buildings around a field

Well if you go by the renderings they showed of the finished deal this is about it except for the big images of our past stars on the entryways on either side of the suite tower. I think this is pretty close except some flags and stuff.. $1+ billion don't buy too much any more. The Stick was/is classic bro, it reeks of football tradition even tho it started life as a baseball park..

they couldve dont better I think. looks kind of cheap to me, candlestick looks badass from outside

From the inside too, in all it's raggedy glory. I don't think there's a lot of color/paint on this, they are using a lot of treated metal aren't they, so they wont have much upkeep on the structure, this is what happens when something is designed almost purely for utilitarian purposes without much regard to..what..the "feel" of the building/item..
i just dont get the wifi thing, youre supposed to be watching the game and being loud, not playing games and talking on your phone. next were gonna see laptops filling the stands...
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Well if you go by the renderings they showed of the finished deal this is about it except for the big images of our past stars on the entryways on either side of the suite tower. I think this is pretty close except some flags and stuff.. $1+ billion don't buy too much any more. The Stick was/is classic bro, it reeks of football tradition even tho it started life as a baseball park..

I love the stick, but the stadium flow and experience are horrible. There's a reason why they don't build stadiums like that anymore. Levi's is about fan experience. When you leave your seats, you don't disappear from the game, into hallways that are too narrow and fighting through concession lines just to walk a few sections over. This will be like going from that old beat up car that you grew up on and love no matter what, to a brand new mercedes. All the bells and whistles while you're at the stadium will amaze you. It's not to look like a spaceship from and aerial view. It's to look amazing while you're there watching a game.

All the new stadiums have huge walkways and real expensive concession stands, much more than what we've been paying at the Stick.They are nice to walk thro tho, sometimes they feel like you are in a mall all of a sudden, strange stuff. They could have designed this with more ohh..football soul to it, It fits perfectly in the area tho with all the tech in SC, think computers using only 1 and 2 / 0-1 to compute with, plain indeed, and without soul..

Where are your seats?

Forgot, I don't know how you can say the "experience" on game day at the Stick was bad, that is kind of preposterous. I and everyone I know have a great time every time, of course a loss tempers this. How about the game day experience at the Saints divisional win in 2011, Catch II, when Hoe came back form back surgery, his last game on Monday night, Jerry's record setting TDs on Monday night opener against the Raiders, and on and on..that my friend is nothing BUT, game day experience!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 22, 2013 at 12:56 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i just dont get the wifi thing, youre supposed to be watching the game and being loud, not playing games and talking on your phone. next were gonna see laptops filling the stands...

People still talk on their phones?
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
All the new stadiums have huge walkways and real expensive concession stands, much more than what we've been paying at the Stick.They are nice to walk thro tho, sometimes they feel like you are in a mall all of a sudden, strange stuff. They could have designed this with more ohh..football soul to it, It fits perfectly in the area tho with all the tech in SC, think computers using only 1 and 2 / 0-1 to compute with, plain indeed, and without soul..

Where are your seats?

I think you might be getting just a little too deep. lol



327
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
All the new stadiums have huge walkways and real expensive concession stands, much more than what we've been paying at the Stick.They are nice to walk thro tho, sometimes they feel like you are in a mall all of a sudden, strange stuff. They could have designed this with more ohh..football soul to it, It fits perfectly in the area tho with all the tech in SC, think computers using only 1 and 2 / 0-1 to compute with, plain indeed, and without soul..

Where are your seats?

I think you might be getting just a little too deep. lol



327

Ahh the ecstasy of it all man... 327 at least you're in the building and the per game cost/sbl didn't break you; good on ya..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,069
I wonder why their not firing up the other scoreboard.
Stadium isn't even finished yet...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,069
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Stadium isn't even finished yet...


It'll look better when it's finished.
This stadium is a phenomenal physical specimen.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think you might be getting just a little too deep. lol



327

You 327? I am 315.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Stadium isn't even finished yet...


It'll look better when it's finished.

Oh, I'm sure it will. Just pointing it out to the people b***hing about the looks of a clearly half finished stadium.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home