LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
why did they stack all the suites like that ?

to be cool. why does it matter?
Originally posted by Chico:
I felt the same way! it's a simple look or construction but i'm glad that they made it open and out door "Where football was meant to be played"!!!
And the more i look at the Cowboys, Cardinals & now Atlanta's new stadium design...it's kinda girly, indoors on carpet so they don't get dirty!

And people over look that it has to be earthquake proof, which limits the designs i would think...But i like it a lot.. The Organization and the Fans deserve a stadium like this..

to piss you off

Maybe to get the real fans closer to the game?

I'm thinking that big ass wall of suites will cause echoes. Memphis, want to chime in here?

To make it look like a college stadium and thus embarrass us all
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM ]
http://levisstadium.com/live-view

s**t looks really cool at night from the outside
http://www.santaclaraplaysfair.org/index.php/traffic-nightmare

Starting to get a little concerned about the parking situation for tailgating. Seems like the 49ers might have banked on private business letting us use their parking and now many of them are saying no thanks.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

They're still working out there. Some nice Christmas OT $$.

It kinda looks like the field is no longer a staging area and they're getting ready to put in drainage and irrigation and all the infrastructure beneath the playing surface.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

all lit up like a space station

Originally posted by kray28:
It doesn't look like a stadium from afar...looks like a roller coaster.

yeah...i'm not feeling it for some reason. looks more like bunch of metal bars put together. might be high tech, but not that aesthetically appealing....i think candlestick looks better, aerial view. IMHO
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

yeah...i'm not feeling it for some reason. looks more like bunch of metal bars put together. might be high tech, but not that aesthetically appealing....i think candlestick looks better, aerial view. IMHO

Originally posted by awol36:
And people over look that it has to be earthquake proof, which limits the designs i would think...But i like it a lot.. The Organization and the Fans deserve a stadium like this..

According to the press release, doing so allowed them to build the largest lower bowl for a stadium in the NFL. 2/3 of the seating will be in the lower section. Everything about this stadium is about funtionality rather than aesthetics/looks.

Also, fans will access to different angles on replays from their [mobile device] app will allow you to watch different replays, see different game feeds, listen to the broadcast of what's going on.

When you're looking at ordering a hot dog, a beer, a soda, being able to do that from your smartphone.

Even something simple as the placiement of concession stands, it will be the oppsite of how they do it now, you can be in line but, but turn around and keep your eye on the game, unless the people behind you are taller than you.

Everything is for the fans. Both average and rich, in fact the luxury boxes will be so nice that the niners can charge big bucks, this in turn will allow the niners to be even more creative in player contract offerings.

Plus supposedly the stadium will be able to run off on the solar lighting, meaning not using as much private power source.

Because of the wi-fi, you can probably get access to other games that you want to keep tabs on too.

It'll be nice and open. Rest rooms will be better to they say. Seats are supposed to be more comfortable to.

The bad thing is that the stadium's design does not supposedlylend itself to increasing/amplifying the noise level. Although having more fans close to the field because of the larger lower bowl, will help make it loud, the fans in thend are the key to making it hostile.

The capacity for the stadium is actually smaller for the niner games than candlestick, but when it comes to superbowls and when needed it will be bigger 72 or maybe 75K I think it was.

It is about making the game enjoyable for those in attendance, which in the end would more important if I was a ticket holder, than having a stadium that simply looked impressive.
[ Edited by WildBill on Dec 19, 2013 at 2:23 AM ]

I agree 100%. I think Candlestick looks much better from a distance. This stadium looks like a cluster of corporate buildings and warehouses stashed and glued together
Share 49ersWebzone