There are 191 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Originally posted by susweel:
I was also there it was nothing disrespectful about it. That game was one of the longest games ever and people were frankly getting bored at all the stops in play and the countless tv timeouts. Fans were just trying amuse themselves they have no idea how bad someone is hurt. when he got carted away they gave him love. no big deal, the owner needs to be respectful to the thousands shelling their hard earned money to go watch football in that dump while paying $40 to park in the dirt.

This. That ovation was loud and very respectful. Far cry from the texans cheering when there QB gets injured. That was pathetic not the wave
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
At least our fans don't intentionally cheer injuries. Its just drunk stupidity. Anyone remember Eagles fans cheering Irvin's injury? What about this past weekend when Shaub was booed when he got hurt and there were cheers when Yates came in.

What about when AZ fans cheered when Steven Young was knocked out of the league? They were cheering on purpose that a guy was injured. Our fans just got bored and needed to pass time while an opposing player was carted off. Insensitive, yes. Bad as it sounds, NO.

They gave him a standing ovation as he was carted off, he even acknowledged the crowd and put his hands up, which drew more cheers.

My point is, yes, maybe it was insensitive, but it wasn't so egregious that our own owner has to go blabbing about it. The rest of the league thinks we are bad as the aforementioned fans who intentionally bood injuries when it wasn't even anything close to that.

The wave isn't a cheer. That is the point. It is by definition the opposite of a cheer. It is done when crowds get bored or disinterested in the game.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
It was dis-respectful. The 49er players and owner felt it was. I was there. It was disrespectful. The player is just saying the right thing. Even as they wheeled him off I didn't think the cheer was all that strong. Usually in a situation like that the fans remaining in the stands would stand up and show him some love. No one around me did that. They just sat there and lightly clapped their hands together. I guess they were tired from doing the wave.

As I stated we have a pretty low football IQ among our fans. They continually cheer on critical 3rd downs or 4th down plays. They are oblivious to what is going on on the field.

I was also there it was nothing disrespectful about it. That game was one of the longest games ever and people were frankly getting bored at all the stops in play and the countless tv timeouts. Fans were just trying amuse themselves they have no idea how bad someone is hurt. when he got carted away they gave him love. no big deal, the owner needs to be respectful to the thousands shelling their hard earned money to go watch football in that dump while paying $40 to park in the dirt.

I agree with this.

They are making a big stink about it because it was a neck injury. The fans can't know that. For all they know he broke his collar bone or something like that. The game was very long. The first quarter seemed like an entire half, and there were a TON of injuries before that point.

Jed York and the players are overreacting perhaps. But as always, they are saying what they are "supposed" to say. Jed York is "supposed" to be angry about it, because that is what the national media demands from these types of stories.

As far as York having any responsibility for a construction fatality... ehh... no.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:
The wave isn't a cheer. That is the point. It is by definition the opposite of a cheer. It is done when crowds get bored or disinterested in the game.

Is that why it's so prominent in baseball?
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Lol. Yes actually.

Baseball is also the perfect time to eat hotdogs etc. I can never eat during a football game, I am far too intense for the game.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Yep. Also look for it for all the NFL games in London this year since the fans aren't that interested in the game.

If it were a cheer it would be used to pump up a defense on 3rd down or celebrate a TD but that never happens because they are too busy actually cheering.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
It was dis-respectful. The 49er players and owner felt it was. I was there. It was disrespectful. The player is just saying the right thing. Even as they wheeled him off I didn't think the cheer was all that strong. Usually in a situation like that the fans remaining in the stands would stand up and show him some love. No one around me did that. They just sat there and lightly clapped their hands together. I guess they were tired from doing the wave.

As I stated we have a pretty low football IQ among our fans. They continually cheer on critical 3rd downs or 4th down plays. They are oblivious to what is going on on the field.

I agree with this.

They are making a big stink about it because it was a neck injury. The fans can't know that. For all they know he broke his collar bone or something like that. The game was very long. The first quarter seemed like an entire half, and there were a TON of injuries before that point.

Jed York and the players are overreacting perhaps. But as always, they are saying what they are "supposed" to say. Jed York is "supposed" to be angry about it, because that is what the national media demands from these types of stories.

As far as York having any responsibility for a construction fatality... ehh... no.

Does an owner of a house that is under construction have any responsibility if someone dies at that house ?
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Decided to bite the bullet.....Getting a seat in Santa Clara.
^^^ sweet.. lucky mofo.. congrats!
Does an owner of a house that is under construction have any responsibility if someone dies at that house ?

Are they illegal?

Originally posted by JD81:

What did they have left?
  • JD81
  • Veteran

What did they have left?

There's still a good chunk left....I mean, if you want to get seats, you can. I'm getting a cheap seat in the $2K SBL....

Looking at this now: http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/levis_stadium/#/p_303_1/

I've been tossing and turning on this for a long time....This morning at work I just said "F it" and decided to do it. I can't see myself missing out on the new stadium.

What did they have left?

There's still a good chunk left....I mean, if you want to get seats, you can. I'm getting a cheap seat in the $2K SBL....

I've been tossing and turning on this for a long time....This morning at work I just said "F it" and decided to do it. I can't see myself missing out on the new stadium.

Nice. Must be since you are just looking for singles since that section is sold out. I already have my seats in 409, will probably upgrade in a few years.

What did they have left?

Did you have to put twenty % down?
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

What did they have left?

Did you have to put twenty % down?

I'm doing it Friday...When you sign the contract you have to put 10 percent of the SBL down, so $200 for me.

Then, another 10 percent is due March 1, and ticket invoices go out in March and are to be paid in full by June.
Share 49ersWebzone