LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone happen to know the wait time/ if there is a waiting list for season tickets for the 49ers? Ive been a lifelong fan but came out to Chicago for football and school and would like to get season tickets for the future. If there is no wait I would assume I can wait and there wont be a wait in a few years when I can make it to games. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Originally posted by ftbl899:
Does anyone happen to know the wait time/ if there is a waiting list for season tickets for the 49ers? Ive been a lifelong fan but came out to Chicago for football and school and would like to get season tickets for the future. If there is no wait I would assume I can wait and there wont be a wait in a few years when I can make it to games. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

There is currently no wait list. 10 years ago there was a list. Not anymore.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looks like a college stadium. lol no creative thinking what so ever.

i go to a football game for the beer, dogs, and atmosphere. I could give a f*ck about retracting roofs, 80 yard screens, and golden toilets that wipe your *ss for you.

Why dont you watch all your football games at Cowboy stadium, and Ill go watch all of mine at Soldier field, a real football stadium. Have you ever even been to a game at Cowboy Stadium? About 30% of the people care about the actual game, its just a show. That stadium should be used for a couple things: opening of the Olympics, Woodstock, the birth of Jesus Christ, not football. Im so happy the Niners are gonna be playing at a spot like that.

That's nice and all. But nothing still changes my mind that we have a very vanilla plain stadium design. If you're going to spend almost a billion dollars on a stadium, at least use an ounce of creativity.
  • zero
  • Veteran
I'm too lazy to look it up but we aren't sharing this stadium with the Raiders right?

I like lucas oil stadium because I like bricks
I do not believe in the large lower level seating... I actuality I believe it takes away from the loudness and quality viewing seats from both levels.

i go to a football game for the beer, dogs, and atmosphere. I could give a f*ck about retracting roofs, 80 yard screens, and golden toilets that wipe your *ss for you.

Why dont you watch all your football games at Cowboy stadium, and Ill go watch all of mine at Soldier field, a real football stadium. Have you ever even been to a game at Cowboy Stadium? About 30% of the people care about the actual game, its just a show. That stadium should be used for a couple things: opening of the Olympics, Woodstock, the birth of Jesus Christ, not football. Im so happy the Niners are gonna be playing at a spot like that.

Right.

It should be like going to a park. Get rid of all the glitz and glamor and Disneyland-like crap that blocks your view.

They designed it to be open and flowing, so people can watch a football game in a spacious atmosphere, rather than entering some futuristic space ship on a trip to Alpha Centauri.

Whenever someone tries to make something look "futuristic", it turns out looking really stupid 20 years later.

The place looks fun.
It doesn't have to look like the Cobra "Terror Dome" that I used to play with as a kid. I'm past that stage.
Originally posted by OO9ers:
I do not believe in the large lower level seating... I actuality I believe it takes away from the loudness and quality viewing seats from both levels.

Yeah, I worry about that too.

I think there's a reason why most other NFL stadiums built recently are more vertical. Like Seattle's.

But, as someone who really likes the open views of the bay, the good eats, and bars with views of the field at AT&T Park, there's a lot I like about this stadium design.

I just wish it was a little more vertical, and had more inspired architectural design. Like maybe at least one curve somewhere....

you don't think more people closer will mean it will be louder?

That's nice and all. But nothing still changes my mind that we have a very vanilla plain stadium design. If you're going to spend almost a billion dollars on a stadium, at least use an ounce of creativity.

I read somewhere that almost half of the money is going into making sure it can withstand a big earthquake.

Originally posted by teeohh:

you don't think more people closer will mean it will be louder?

They were talking on the radio today about how there's some college stadium (I think ) that has all the suites on one side, like our design has. They were saying some think it works against the noise factor because the noise isn't evenly spread. I don't know if that design is like ours with so many seats in the lower bowl, but it's the first thing I've heard of like that. To me the larger lower bowl makes sense, but so does this new theory, too.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 10, 2010 at 01:18:30 ]
The three largest stadiums in the country, all open air models...

1. Beaver Stadium, Penn State
2. Big House, Michigan (second temporarily due to renovations)
3. The Horseshoe, Ohio State

http://www.collegecharlie.com/stadiums.html

Obviously, this is slightly an apples to oranges, BUT, new digs would beat Candlestick any day. I support the new digs in SC.
Originally posted by Swankypro:
The three largest stadiums in the country, all open air models...

1. Beaver Stadium, Penn State
2. Big House, Michigan (second temporarily due to renovations)
3. The Horseshoe, Ohio State

http://www.collegecharlie.com/stadiums.html

Obviously, this is slightly an apples to oranges, BUT, new digs would beat Candlestick any day. I support the new digs in SC.

Swanky

Every time i see that thing, it reminds me of a factory.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Every time i see that thing, it reminds me of a factory.

-9fA

It is. They make good offense and records there.
Share 49ersWebzone