There are 276 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Backla49er:
I agree it is bland. But lets see how it ages. Look how all of these new-age cities are trying way to hard and look ridiculous. The Pearl Tower in Shanghai comes to mind or that fugly thing in Seattle.

Yup. Keeping it simple always stands the test of time. Similar to jersey/uniforms. All that new age crap they tried in the 90's went out of style real quick. Everyone rushed back the classic, clean look.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
grass on the roof seems a bit pointless.

you like some grass on the fairway, just admit it

It'll probably be similar to the roof of the Academy of Sciences building in Golden Gate Park.

Originally posted by xcfan:
viewed from the outside, our new stadium is the ugliest one--hands down. the luxury suites' building looks like the old welfare building in oakland; tired modernistic rectangular glass box, with green hair on its head.
they did nothing artistic with the outer mass of the stadium. it's just a loser.

norman foster knows how to turn mass into art. they should've hired his firm.
http://plusmood.com/2010/10/lusail-iconic-stadium-for-qatar-2022-foster-partners/
look what he did with the exoskeleton of the hong kong-shanghi bank:

I have to see the stadium site every day I drive to and from work since I am down on Lafayette and Montague, about a mile away. I have to agree, it looks like it's going to be dated before it is open. So linear looking. As if it was a Roman Coliseum but with white steel pillars all at straight angles and no arches.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Psinex:

It'll probably be similar to the roof of the Academy of Sciences building in Golden Gate Park.

looks lame
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
viewed from the outside, our new stadium is the ugliest one--hands down. the luxury suites' building looks like the old welfare building in oakland; tired modernistic rectangular glass box, with green hair on its head.
they did nothing artistic with the outer mass of the stadium. it's just a loser.

http://plusmood.com/2010/10/lusail-iconic-stadium-for-qatar-2022-foster-partners/

Sorry dude, but that link to the Stadium is fugly. That stadium looks like something out of Aliens.

As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Personally, I like the simplicity of the new stadium, it fits the landscape. The one you posted looks like something out of Tron.

Not too far away from the new stadium will be this structure:

looks lame

now that stadium sucks

looks lame

As opposed to what? An awesome white roof?

It's not supposed to be some lush garden, it's there to absorb the heat efficiently. Plants are extremely efficient at it.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

looks lame

As opposed to what? An awesome white roof?

It's not supposed to be some lush garden, it's there to absorb the heat efficiently. Plants are extremely efficient at it.

Don't sweat it, he's just trolling.

nice, i love it
Took some photos after seeing it in person on Tuesday. Pretty awesome just to have the chance to watch it in progress:

WrestleMania might be the 1st big non football event to be hosted at the new stadium.
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

Sorry dude, but that link to the Stadium is fugly. That stadium looks like something out of Aliens.

As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Personally, I like the simplicity of the new stadium, it fits the landscape. The one you posted looks like something out of Tron.

Not too far away from the new stadium will be this structure:

Apple?
Originally posted by dwy621:
WrestleMania might be the 1st big non football event to be hosted at the new stadium.

barf
Originally posted by dwy621:

barf

Woohooo...I get first dibs on tickets to that event .. 8 grand well spent.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Apple?

no, Skynet
Share 49ersWebzone