There are 328 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yeah, I've seen some clips and bits on how the fans offer their bikes for the players to ride. But that won't really be possible at the SC site. It's about 30 or 40 feet from HQ to the stadium.

Wow, that close, huh. Well, all the better to have them walking down a path lined with adoring fans cheering them on. I think it's going to be awesome.

I'm prety sure that whole area will be off limits to fans. HQ is the big building to the left of the practice field:

They'll proabaly cut it off on the left side of the walkway riser on the bottom, and just above player parking above the practice field.

Another angle. Maybe more like they'll cut it off at the stairs on the lower part of the north east:

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on May 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM ]
Like this:

It looks like the fans are gonna be really close to the field/players
  • CRUD
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
This, has no knowledge of anything 49ers and the Bay Area

Easy to tell once I read that he said that the owners weren't from the Bay Area ....probably doesnt even live in CA
Ohio buddy. Ohio. The Yorks are from Ohio. Other than that I think San Francisco County, Alameda County, Contra Costa County and Solano County have more people than 'San Jose Metro'. More 49er fans. It would've been ideal to have the new stadium centralized, as I said, in the Bay Area. I read an article which quoted the Yorks saying their loyalties are in Ohio, in regards to having loyalty to the city of San Fransisco. I'm not all full of hot air you know. I live in CA, Oakland.
[ Edited by CRUD on May 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM ]
Ca, Oakland?
  • CRUD
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Ca, Oakland?

He said I probably don't live in California.
When can i get my candlestick park seat? Do they normally take reserves when they team old stadiums down?
Originally posted by CRUD:
Ohio buddy. Ohio. The Yorks are from Ohio. Other than that I think San Francisco County, Alameda County, Contra Costa County and Solano County have more people than 'San Jose Metro'. More 49er fans. It would've been ideal to have the new stadium centralized, as I said, in the Bay Area. I read an article which quoted the Yorks saying their loyalties are in Ohio, in regards to having loyalty to the city of San Fransisco. I'm not all full of hot air you know. I live in CA, Oakland.

[ Edited by pdizo916 on May 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM ]
Originally posted by CRUD:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
This, has no knowledge of anything 49ers and the Bay Area

Easy to tell once I read that he said that the owners weren't from the Bay Area ....probably doesnt even live in CA

You continue to prove your ignorance and bias. You are obviously NOT a 49ers fan. Where you live has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

The 49ers went through their ticket base to see where the majority of season ticket holders were from. Guess where that is? That's right - SOUTH BAY. San Francisco had less than 5% of the season ticket holders. Sacramento had a higher percentage. (And no, I don't have a link, but I'm sure Marvin can give you even better details).

We all get it. You don't like the new stadium. You don't like the location. You're very much misinformed as to the details of why the new stadium was built in Santa Clara. I suggest you step back, take a deep breath,pull your head out and do more research before you spout off anymore of your CRUD.

This stadium is about more than JUST the 49ers. 47 Super Bowls, ONE held in the Bay area, and where was that? Oh, that's right - PALO ALTO. Candlestick has been deteriorating for about 25 years, give or take. When the NCAA decides that the only SF/OAK area stadium worthy of hosting a bowl game is AT&T park, that should tell you something. A BASEBALL stadium. Not Candlestick. Not O.co or whatever crap name that stadium has now.

The A's are desperate to move out of Oakland. The owner wants to move to SAN JOSE. He originally wanted to move to FREMONT. Hmmm.

The Warriors want to move back to SF. Hmm.

The Raiders are struggling to field a team in Oakland. They are looking to move elsewhere rather than take a half-baked politician driven plan for a new stadium in Oakland. Hmmm.

Oakland is broke. Rats leaving a sinking ship. San Francisco is a world cultural center, and most decidedly a baseball town. AT&T park is a beautiful facility for baseball. There are very few places IN SF that a stadium could be built. And if you try to argue the Hunters Point plan with me, you're going to lose. That's a superfund site. It would not have been built any time soon. It's going to take probably anther 10-15 years for that area to be fully federal compliant with the clean up. The Bayview/Hunters Point/Candlestick plans on the table right now are VERY long term plans. We're talking 30 years. Would you rather have a world clas state-of-the-art stadium in Santa Clara, or another 30 years of Candlestick??
Originally posted by English:
Stay on topic and stop flaming. I have pmed several of you so I suggest you check your in boxes and take note.

Stop b***hing at each other. If you want to talk about the new stadium, talk about the new stadium. Just that.

CRUD = area49
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
English, can you do something about that monkey drinking his own urine? It's making me sick.
Thanks for the photos guys. The stadium is even closer to the facility than I thought. The players don't even have to go to another locker room to prepare. But, I still think it looks like there will be room for fans to watch the Niner players entering the stadium. Yeah, it's obviously not going to be a long stroll across a big parking lot, but I'm figuring fans will figure out where they enter and be there to cheer them on.
I doubt we get to see players. Even now at the Stick, over the years they have moved you farther and father away. Adding fence and then tarp to cover that fence.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I doubt we get to see players. Even now at the Stick, over the years they have moved you farther and father away. Adding fence and then tarp to cover that fence.

Yeah I doubt they walk from training to stadium for everyone to see. They have to keep that exclusivity for the 80k club seat members who have the Niners walk through their club to come on the field like Dallas has.
Share 49ersWebzone