There are 179 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by CRUD:
TMI lol

Not really, my personal stadium with 1970's disco ball waterbed Barry White soundtrack is better that the DUI trap that is Santa Clara. I like to have a good time when the 9ers play. I'd come to a game without drinking beer if the new stadium had some swag, some bells and whistles. Does BART even go that far south? Nope. What do you think is going to happen if San Fransisco county fans and east bay fans have to drive out there? Most of us won't do it and won't be able to afford it. Ticket- $200. Parking $30. Food $30. Beer $50 (what is it, about 12 dollars a cup now?). At the end of the day over 300 bucks just to watch a football game. One you won't even be able to drink beer at because of the hour long drive home afterwards. Shoulda built in San Fransisco with public transport and well, where the fan base is.

And again, TMI.

I don't like the location for other reasons and the design seems lacking. Lack of BART access isn't a trivial matter and ticket prices are just going to keep going higher and higher.

You do realize that BART doesn't go to Candlestick, right? Like not even close. I used to take BART from the east bay, and then have to take a 1/2 hour bus to the game. Not very BART friendly. And while we're on this topic, you do know that BART is being extended to south Fremont in the Warm Springs district, right? That's exactly 1 exit from 237. It won't take very long to extend it to SC, or even right to the door step of the stadium. Fremont was the ones holding up the BART extension to the south bay because they didn't want to run it over Central Park (huge major park). They finally decided to go under it, and it's pretty close to complete. So you can drink all you want and not have to worry about getting DUI's, since you obviously have a problem handling your drank.
Lol, drinking shouldn't be the attracting factor in liking a stadium.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

How dare them not allow fans to drive home drunk. They are responsible for our actions. Not us. lol
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

How dare them not allow fans to drive home drunk. They are responsible for our actions. Not us. lol

I agree it's pretty much in the constitution. "Fans attending an NFL game shall be allowed to leave s**t faced and pilot their vehicles home, without being pestered by stadium officials. Two wreck maximum before police are allowed to intervene."
TMI lol

Not really, my personal stadium with 1970's disco ball waterbed Barry White soundtrack is better that the DUI trap that is Santa Clara. I like to have a good time when the 9ers play. I'd come to a game without drinking beer if the new stadium had some swag, some bells and whistles. Does BART even go that far south? Nope. What do you think is going to happen if San Fransisco county fans and east bay fans have to drive out there? Most of us won't do it and won't be able to afford it. Ticket- $200. Parking $30. Food $30. Beer $50 (what is it, about 12 dollars a cup now?). At the end of the day over 300 bucks just to watch a football game. One you won't even be able to drink beer at because of the hour long drive home afterwards. Shoulda built in San Fransisco with public transport and well, where the fan base is.

Most ridiculous post I have ever read. And I should know because I have my fair share of ridiculous posts :)
Originally posted by SportsFan:
TMI lol

Most ridiculous post I have ever read. And I should know because I have my fair share of ridiculous posts :)

Haven't we all. lol
TMI lol

lol, aint no fan base in SF
CRUD = obviously a disgruntled Hunters Point dumpster diver/troll who's sad all the parking lot tailgate scraps and recycling opportunities are leaving....

(this is how I pretty much picture all the "should've stayed in/don't leave SF" whiny types, who are too shortsighted to see the long term benefits of the move, and who still have a misplaced pride in a city that has only itself and its pompous politicians to blame for losing the team. A lot of them also obliviously brush off the South Bay as some sort of foreign, transplanted suburb of SoCal that's too much trouble to disdainfully bother to travel to to see your team....these are probably the same people trying to shush everyone when the Niners are on defense at home )

also,

The gold rush in the 1840s-50s belonged to ALL of N. California, not just SF.....SF itself was mainly a boomtown that only boomed cos it was flooded by ooportunists looking to fleece the actual gold miners headed for the hills and Sierra....therefore the legacy of the 49ers belongs to the entire region, and SF should just be glad with the honor of being given the privilege of attaching its name to the team (after the move) due to its world-renowned reputation, and cos it still has (tenuously) it's title as cultural center of he region...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 4, 2013 at 5:58 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
If that means the dumbasses who like to start fights are plentiful then no, i dont wish everyone can afford it

Hi.

Just because you're poor doesn't mean you're stupid, or a drunk, or riffraff that starts fights.

Plenty of those a*****es have money.

Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
stupid Obama voters

Originally posted by niners_guy:
Civil rights group threatening to sue over lack of minority owned businesses involved in construction of the stadium.
http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_23100585/49ers-stadium-leaders-refute-racism-charges-lodged-by

stupid Obama voters
The real Bill Walsh would never have agreed with this post... He was a leader in bringing minority coaches into the NFL fold.

no1curr
BART is extending its service to Santa Clara and circling back towards SJ/Fremont/Pleasanton

So idk wtf CRUD is talking about
GOLDEN anniversary Super Bowl....

#questfor8

#3peat

This, Lord, yes, THIS....
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Um....a couple things....

1) The largest % of season ticket holders at Candlestick are from the South Bay, not SF. IE, the "fan base" is all over the Bay Area with the largest % of them right where the stadium is being built.

2) That % has only grown. I know many, many people from the South Bay who are now SBL holders because the stadium is here now....including me.

3) The new stadium has far, far more public transit than the 'stick ever had. Light Rail, Heavy Rail, three freeways and about 20 freeway exits to go along with 6 lane roads all around.

If you don't want to make the trip or pay the $$$, more power to ya...but don't piss in our Cheerios because you have to drive the distance its always taken us to attend a game.

Ya I'm aware the rich fans live in the Silicone Valley. Driving up ticket and housing prices since 2001

Who said anything about rich?

I just said a larger % of the fan base is from here.

...and BTW, its Silicon, not Silicone. Its the home of the computer.....not fake breasts.

Once again for those who seem to have a problem with basic logic: the greater SF Bay area has a population of about 7 million. San Francisco has a population of about 800K. So it only makes sense that the vast majority of fans DO NOT live right in San Francisco. A large percentage of fans live on the peninsula and in the South Bay. But, for those who don't, BART is extending into the area and there will probably be a stop right at the stadium because there will also be a huge entertainment and shopping complex. The train goes right down to the area from San Francisco. Buses will obviously be going to the area. There is no reason why San Francisco residents can't take some sort of public transit to Niner games in Santa Clara.

Also, the Niners have been on the peninsula forever. Before their current facility was built, they were in Redwood City. Wouldn't just about everyone rather have the Niner players walking or riding golf carts across the parking lot to the game the way Packers players do? Wouldn't you rather be along that path cheering them on as they walk over to the game signing autographs on the way like they do in Green Bay?

And, as far as the cost, again, think about it. The majority of season packages are going to corporations. Most of those corporations are filled with people who don't necessarily want to go to all the games. There will probably be more second-party sales of tickets than there are now at the Stick and they probably won't be that expensive because most of the corporate people will have those tickets comped to them.

I was born and raised in SF and have been a Niner fan all my life. I've got no problem. Get over it, people! It's good for the franchise.
[ Edited by GNielsen on May 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone