Shop Find 49ers gear online
GOLDEN anniversary Super Bowl....

#questfor8

#3peat
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
stupid Obama voters

Originally posted by niners_guy:
Civil rights group threatening to sue over lack of minority owned businesses involved in construction of the stadium.
http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_23100585/49ers-stadium-leaders-refute-racism-charges-lodged-by

stupid Obama voters
The real Bill Walsh would never have agreed with this post... He was a leader in bringing minority coaches into the NFL fold.

#questfor8

#3peat

As Jed York stated after the NFC Championship victory, Ya gotta start with one..
LETS GOOOOOOOO NIIIINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Team49ers:

#questfor8

#3peat

As Jed York stated after the NFC Championship victory, Ya gotta start with one..
LETS GOOOOOOOO NIIIINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I count my chickens before they hatch though. I have already moved on to quest for 11.
  • CRUD
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I know alot of people think that....but I think your just too used to seeing the new Space Age stuff in Dallas and Phoenix.

Ya know what...we don't NEED that stuff. Phoenix is the desert and Dallas is humid as hell.

The best part about a stadium in Nor Cal is the Weather.

I like this stadium alot because it puts whats most important first...Fan Experience...not looking pretty in pictures and paintings.

Ya know what pretty? A full stadium and the Niners bound to the Bay Area for another 30 or 40 years.

I don't like the location or the design but as long as the 9ers are winning I don't much care. Can't afford to go to all the games with parking, food, beer costs etc so screw it. I'm just going to watch all the games on TV like I've always done. Went to one game in my life and got a DUI leaving the game. I prefer to stay close to home with my 72 inch flat screen, BBQ, fridge full of beer and woman in my bed waiting after the victory, or loss, or tie (in the case of the Rams game).
Originally posted by CRUD:
I know alot of people think that....but I think your just too used to seeing the new Space Age stuff in Dallas and Phoenix.

Ya know what...we don't NEED that stuff. Phoenix is the desert and Dallas is humid as hell.

The best part about a stadium in Nor Cal is the Weather.

I like this stadium alot because it puts whats most important first...Fan Experience...not looking pretty in pictures and paintings.

Ya know what pretty? A full stadium and the Niners bound to the Bay Area for another 30 or 40 years.

I don't like the location or the design but as long as the 9ers are winning I don't much care. Can't afford to go to all the games with parking, food, beer costs etc so screw it. I'm just going to watch all the games on TV like I've always done. Went to one game in my life and got a DUI leaving the game. I prefer to stay close to home with my 72 inch flat screen, BBQ, fridge full of beer and woman in my bed waiting after the victory, or loss, or tie (in the case of the Rams game).

TMI lol
  • CRUD
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
TMI lol

Not really, my personal stadium with 1970's disco ball waterbed Barry White soundtrack is better that the DUI trap that is Santa Clara. I like to have a good time when the 9ers play. I'd come to a game without drinking beer if the new stadium had some swag, some bells and whistles. Does BART even go that far south? Nope. What do you think is going to happen if San Fransisco county fans and east bay fans have to drive out there? Most of us won't do it and won't be able to afford it. Ticket- $200. Parking $30. Food $30. Beer $50 (what is it, about 12 dollars a cup now?). At the end of the day over 300 bucks just to watch a football game. One you won't even be able to drink beer at because of the hour long drive home afterwards. Shoulda built in San Fransisco with public transport and well, where the fan base is.
[ Edited by CRUD on May 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM ]
TMI lol

Not really, my personal stadium with 1970's disco ball waterbed Barry White soundtrack is better that the DUI trap that is Santa Clara. I like to have a good time when the 9ers play. I'd come to a game without drinking beer if the new stadium had some swag, some bells and whistles. Does BART even go that far south? Nope. What do you think is going to happen if San Fransisco county fans and east bay fans have to drive out there? Most of us won't do it and won't be able to afford it. Ticket- $200. Parking $30. Food $30. Beer $50 (what is it, about 12 dollars a cup now?). At the end of the day over 300 bucks just to watch a football game. One you won't even be able to drink beer at because of the hour long drive home afterwards. Shoulda built in San Fransisco with public transport and well, where the fan base is.

Um....a couple things....

1) The largest % of season ticket holders at Candlestick are from the South Bay, not SF. IE, the "fan base" is all over the Bay Area with the largest % of them right where the stadium is being built.

2) That % has only grown. I know many, many people from the South Bay who are now SBL holders because the stadium is here now....including me.

3) The new stadium has far, far more public transit than the 'stick ever had. Light Rail, Heavy Rail, three freeways and about 20 freeway exits to go along with 6 lane roads all around.

If you don't want to make the trip or pay the $$$, more power to ya...but don't piss in our Cheerios because you have to drive the distance its always taken us to attend a game.
TMI lol

a responsible adult has the ability to have a beer or two on gameday and drive home just fine
  • CRUD

1) The largest % of season ticket holders at Candlestick are from the South Bay, not SF. IE, the "fan base" is all over the Bay Area with the largest % of them right where the stadium is being built.

2) That % has only grown. I know many, many people from the South Bay who are now SBL holders because the stadium is here now....including me.

3) The new stadium has far, far more public transit than the 'stick ever had. Light Rail, Heavy Rail, three freeways and about 20 freeway exits to go along with 6 lane roads all around.

If you don't want to make the trip or pay the $$$, more power to ya...but don't piss in our Cheerios because you have to drive the distance its always taken us to attend a game.

Ya I'm aware the rich fans live in the Silicone Valley. Driving up ticket and housing prices since 2001

• CRUD
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
TMI lol

a responsible adult has the ability to have a beer or two on gameday and drive home just fine
That sounds so ideal doesn't it? Limit your alcohol intake to two beers. Sometimes I feel I should be a Raider fan. Anyhow, if I go to a game down there I won't drink at all- that's not really the issue I have. I don't like the location for other reasons and the design seems lacking. Lack of BART access isn't a trivial matter and ticket prices are just going to keep going higher and higher. Gas money, ticket prices, food etc. The design of the stadium, although I'm not an architect, looks like a college stadium. It may provide a better view of the field but that's yet to be seen. Being a fan I suppose I have this strange hang up wanting everything to be epic. I guess it's an American trait. Everything bigger and shinier. I suppose that wasn't possible with real estate prices being so inflated in the area. Same thing might happen with tickets. As I said I'd prefer to stay home and watch the game. Cheaper, safer, less time consuming etc. Baseball is better to watch live anyhow. I still have my Giants stadium right here..
[ Edited by CRUD on May 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM ]
TMI lol

And again, TMI.

Ya I'm aware the rich fans live in the Silicone Valley. Driving up ticket and housing prices since 2001

Who said anything about rich?

I just said a larger % of the fan base is from here.

...and BTW, its Silicon, not Silicone. Its the home of the computer.....not fake breasts.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM ]
  • CRUD
TMI lol

And again, TMI.

Thank you.

...and BTW, its Silicon, not Silicone. Its the home of the computer.....not fake breasts.

Lots of those too, though.
Share 49ersWebzone