There are 271 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • wolfpack219
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
i just came across this picture... pretty nice! i change my mind about what i said in my other post! stadium looks impressive i could imagine indian summers in 49er fashion!

Ya everyone is freakin out because of a simple sketch of the stadium with no detail or real color. Guys look at the other pictures with color and detail...Those are what it will look like. This stadium is going to be gorgeous in person and in real photos. All the pics this simple rendering is being compared to are all detailed with real color and scenery. Compare apples to apples guys, if I put a simple black and white photo next to a detailed color photo, which one do you think will look more appealing. It just like what marketers do to you with packaging.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
why the green roof again? I understand the solar panels but not the grass on the roof

It cools the roof, therefore requiring less energy to cool the building. As well as adding a little nature in the concrete jungle.

Correct. I am in the Navy and when we ported in Singapore they already do that. Not only does is reduce there enegy costs by 15-20 percent they grow produce instead of grass so they kill 2 birds with one stone. Its a brillant idea IMO.

so what do you think the niners are going to grow up there.

???
the sun is directly in the luxury boxes! i dont like that!!!! let the plebeians fry in the sun!
Originally posted by 9er_84:
the sun is directly in the luxury boxes! i dont like that!!!! let the plebeians fry in the sun!

luxury boxes have tinted glare proof glass.
^^^j/k
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
why the green roof again? I understand the solar panels but not the grass on the roof

It cools the roof, therefore requiring less energy to cool the building. As well as adding a little nature in the concrete jungle.

Right. Check out the new Hall of Sciences in GGPark. This is high technology melded with traditional "green" thinking. It's great.
Originally posted by Xestenz:

Gillette Stadium is actually quite distinctive, beyond just the success on the field. The symetry, the complexity of the design, the overall shape that brings the upper deck fans close to the field, etc.

Lucas Oil for the Colts has an amazing brick facade, flying steel buttresses, etc.

Heinz's Fields 'open jaws' look, placement next the river, etc.

ALL of the stadium designs you mention have distinctiveness.

Xestenz~

I believed I gathered from a previous post of yours that you are an architect. I happen to agree with a lot of the points you have made about the new stadium lacking any real distinctive quality to it. I think it an OK design but just OK. Nothing really jumps out to me.
So....I'm wondering.... Given the fact that the owners want an open air stadium with the seats as close to the action as possible and a tower for luxury boxes on one side (I think these are non-negotiable), what architectural suggestions would you (or any other architects that visit the Zone) have to create a more distinctive look to the design? I ask this with respect and genuine curiosity. I'd like us all to do some brainstorming here....
I think we should discuss solutions or potential solutions to some issues we have with the new stadium. I'm fairly certain that Jed visits the Zone often so perhaps if we come up with some good ideas, they will be incorporated.

Cheers!!

[ Edited by nw9erfan on Jun 4, 2009 at 17:09:27 ]
I'll begin the brainstorming session by saying that I would prefer fewer end zone seats, a separate end zone section for really boisterous fans (like the Seahawks stadium has), a red brick exterior (on the non-tower side), more distinctive light standards (perhaps more of a retro style), as well as some native planting around the stadium to give it a Bay Area identity.

[ Edited by nw9erfan on Jun 4, 2009 at 17:04:57 ]
Originally posted by 49123:

Some of you noobies really have a hard time comprehending the overall picture.

Tell me what's "DISTINCTIVE" about the Steelers stadium, other than the big Katsup bottle in the south endzone??

Tell me what's so "DISTINCTIVE" about the Pats stadium that's so world changing??

What about the Colts, Eagles or Texans new Stadiums that's so amazing???

I can tell you what's so "DISTINCTIVE" about the Steelers and Pats......they have won 5 of the last 9 Superbowls in their stadiums that are really no different than the one purposed in these drawings.

You're looking a *rough drawings* presented as the first steps of a LONG, LONG, LONG process, that will end with a totally different reality upon completion.

I don't remember seeing any crazy Pirate ships in the Bucs stadium proposal drawings, yet SOMEHOW they figured out a way to make their stadium "DISTINCTIVE ".....

These are just plain drawings, there's not anything extra added to these renditions, do you get this???

If you read my post, I actually said it has NOTHING to do with all of the extras - it has everything to do with core design. You seem to have missed this point.

You can dress up a pig in a dress, still a pig.

Gillette Stadium is actually quite distinctive, beyond just the success on the field. The symetry, the complexity of the design, the overall shape that brings the upper deck fans close to the field, etc.

Lucas Oil for the Colts has an amazing brick facade, flying steel buttresses, etc.

You seem happy to settle for mediocrity - that's fine.

I just love the condecending "high standards" retort.

They've surely based their current budgets on the bones of this structure ( Pages 24 through 54 ) and at the risk of accepting mediocrity, I gotta believe that the core design will change very little if any at this point.

I didn't realize until today that I had bad taste.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jun 4, 2009 at 17:38:21 ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Tell me what's "DISTINCTIVE" about the Steelers stadium, other than the big Katsup bottle in the south endzone??

Tell me what's so "DISTINCTIVE" about the Pats stadium that's so world changing??

I can tell you what's so "DISTINCTIVE" about the Steelers and Pats......they have won 5 of the last 9 Superbowls in their stadiums that are really no different than the one purposed in these drawings.

You're looking a *rough drawings* presented as the first steps of a LONG, LONG, LONG process, that will end with a totally different reality upon completion.

I don't remember seeing any crazy Pirate ships in the Bucs stadium proposal drawings, yet SOMEHOW they figured out a way to make their stadium "DISTINCTIVE ".....

These are just plain drawings, there's not anything extra added to these renditions, do you get this???

If you read my post, I actually said it has NOTHING to do with all of the extras - it has everything to do with core design. You seem to have missed this point.

They've surely based their current budgets on the bones of this structure ( Pages 24 through 54 ) and at the risk of accepting mediocrity, I gotta believe that the core design will change very little if any at this point.

I gotta say...I don't see what is so much better about that stadium than the new Niner stadium. The biggest difference I can see is that one is real and the other is a 3D render.

Originally posted by Marvin49:

I gotta say...I don't see what is so much better about that stadium than the new Niner stadium. The biggest difference I can see is that one is real and the other is a 3D render.

Agreed. I actually prefer the Niners design to the Gillette design. What some call complexity I consider cluttered and too busy. I like the cleaner lines of the stadium bowl and luxury box stack in the Niner design.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Also, it has blue seats...blue is SO much better! Oh, and the ginormous, squished, and turned picture is REALLY annoying.
about time something concrete was put together..........................anythings better than more years at the stick.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by 09etihW:

I hate the Cardinal stadium because:
1. It's ugly
2. It's exterior design is all about FORM FOR THE SAKE OF FORM.

Our proposed new stadium is:
1. Beautiful
2. It's exterior design is a result of it's intended function.
3. It will blow the Cardinal stadium out of the water in terms of gameday experience.

You sited Gillette stadium as something you liked. Why is it so much better?

I didn't cite Gillette Stadium as one that I liked - was refuting another poster who claimed it lacked distinctiveness. It is, in fact, on the blander end of the newer stadiums.

What excactly, in your opinion, is beautiful about the proposed 49ers design? (Other than it looks like it will actually be built?) It is just a bowl of seats with a Marriott Hotel on one side.

The Cards stadium might be ugly on the outside, but if your argument is that the gameday fan experience is most important then this stadium should be a favorite of yours.

Sitting in a giant tin can of recycled air is NOT my idea of a great gameday experience.

Modern. Pefectly suited for it's use and location. Open. Steel and Glass. Not ornamental. Innovative. Green.

Now, what is YOUR example of a beautiful stadium?

Don't go and stay at home. I'll take your ticket.
  • Chavez49er255
  • Info N/A

there are 26 pages in this thread and most of them are devoted to arguing whether or not the new stadium is beautiful.

ITS FOOTBALL PEOPLE.

just as long as the place has a football field, seats, and the 49ers im happy.

is anyone with me??

[ Edited by Chavez49er255 on Jun 4, 2009 at 21:23:10 ]
Share 49ersWebzone