LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I seem to be in the minority bit I actually really like the design. I really like the open plazas and the entrance to the stadium. I like the asymmetrical design. It looks different than any other stadium.

So do I! Reminds me of a more modern Kezar which was very open. I like the "wide openness" of the plaza and upper level. That balcony area behind the concession stands at the top is huge w a view of the valley. To be honest, it really IS a damn shame that this stadium couldn't be built by the water in SF like the baseball and now basketball venues.

Still, I believe the technology, the service and the overall atmosphere of the new stadium will be unrivaled in the NFL. That larger lower bowl will make our voices boom like no other stadium. We will so rock that house so loud, offenses will be setting records for false starts! On another page, the concourses will be so much larger than Candlestick, we could skate to "Rock Roll Bounce Skate". The food will be superb and the service much better. Then add that wonderful technology where the service come to you at the press of a button whether food or replays of the game.

Overall, the fan experience will be like no other for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

Only two more weeks until we know where we will sit.

Yeah, the water would be nice, but just think about how WINDY it would be ALL THE TIME out there. Candlestick is really a concrete bowl, but the new stadium would allow much more wind to pass through the concourses and into the stadium. The open design might acually work AGAINST them in that site.

While it would be a nicer view for sure if it were at the Naval Shipyard, I think its in a much better spot right now...particularly when it comes to hosting Super Bowls. With the Convention Center and a number of hotels very close to the site, it's ideal for the Super Bowl.
I seem to be in the minority bit I actually really like the design. I really like the open plazas and the entrance to the stadium. I like the asymmetrical design. It looks different than any other stadium.

So do I! Reminds me of a more modern Kezar which was very open. I like the "wide openness" of the plaza and upper level. That balcony area behind the concession stands at the top is huge w a view of the valley. To be honest, it really IS a damn shame that this stadium couldn't be built by the water in SF like the baseball and now basketball venues.

Still, I believe the technology, the service and the overall atmosphere of the new stadium will be unrivaled in the NFL. That larger lower bowl will make our voices boom like no other stadium. We will so rock that house so loud, offenses will be setting records for false starts! On another page, the concourses will be so much larger than Candlestick, we could skate to "Rock Roll Bounce Skate". The food will be superb and the service much better. Then add that wonderful technology where the service come to you at the press of a button whether food or replays of the game.

Overall, the fan experience will be like no other for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, the water would be nice, but just think about how WINDY it would be ALL THE TIME out there. Candlestick is really a concrete bowl, but the new stadium would allow much more wind to pass through the concourses and into the stadium. The open design might acually work AGAINST them in that site.

While it would be a nicer view for sure if it were at the Naval Shipyard, I think its in a much better spot right now...particularly when it comes to hosting Super Bowls. With the Convention Center and a number of hotels very close to the site, it's ideal for the Super Bowl.

Santa Clara?
not a problem if it was WINDY ALL THE TIME im sure great america would suffer from it.
And i live not far from it Wind is not a issue. it might be windy for those high in the upper deck. But field level, doubt it.

its RARELY windy here in the south bay
now if it was a open stadium in SF different story
Originally posted by 99problems:

Santa Clara?
not a problem if it was WINDY ALL THE TIME im sure great america would suffer from it.
And i live not far from it Wind is not a issue. it might be windy for those high in the upper deck. But field level, doubt it.

some times is really windy because the tip of the bay is right there..i usually notice it around 5pm or when the tide comes in ?
Originally posted by 99problems:

Santa Clara?

No...I mean if it had been built on the water at the old navy shipyard in SF.
OK....another Drive-by....

The one thing that always happens though is that it looks SOOO big and impressive when I'm there and then I look at the pictures and they look so NOT impressive. LOL. He have to see it with your own eyes.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 29, 2012 at 1:44 PM ]
Sweet pics.
Sweet pics, thanks Marvin. Don't get arrested for stalking though. Maybe you should get a picnic basket, a video camera and sit on the side of the road and film. LOL I'm sure in person it looks a lot bigger and more impressive. Hard to get a grasp of the magnitude even though you are right there with the pictures.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
at this pace they might finish in 1 year
[ Edited by susweel on Aug 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM ]
Marvin! You are the man! God bless ya for taking the time out of your day to snap these pics and share them. It's so cool to see the progression. They are moving so quickly. I mean, that's the second level already. Wow! Can't wait!

• mod
  • Veteran
keep it up Marvin... I love the photos. As for the scale, there is not much your gonna be able to do with that, A camera just isnt gonna capture what you really see when it comes to a subject such as this.

Marvin! You are the man! God bless ya for taking the time out of your day to snap these pics and share them. It's so cool to see the progression. They are moving so quickly. I mean, that's the second level already. Wow! Can't wait!

This for sure. Great job!
Hmmmmmm.....interesting name for a new Great America roller coaster set to debut in 2013:

http://www.mercurynews.com/travel/ci_21428260/great-america-announces-new-gold-striker-wooden-roller

Great pictures of the going's on!

Really? A wooden rollercoster? Nice job GA...
[ Edited by TTTT9ers on Aug 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM ]
Originally posted by TTTT9ers:
Great pictures of the going's on!

Really? A wooden rollercoster? Nice job GA...

I think you missed the point
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Hmmmmmm.....interesting name for a new Great America roller coaster set to debut in 2013:

http://www.mercurynews.com/travel/ci_21428260/great-america-announces-new-gold-striker-wooden-roller

"We love that from the highest peak you will be able to look right down at the 50-yard line of the 49ers' new stadium," said Joanne Pasternack, director of community relations for the 49ers Foundation

Share 49ersWebzone