LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by joesfumanchu:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Well, since I doubt I will be going to any games, at least in the near future, I really don't care what it looks like, as longs most fans like it and the players can perform.

Looks like crap, if you really want to know my opinion.

Yeah, it's hard for me to believe this is the best they could come up with. Not a lot of imagination went into that...thing. But hey it's new!

THIS is a stadium!

THAT is a stadium built in a place where it rains 70% of the time. Thats why it covers a large number of the seats, but can still call itself an "open air" stadium.

Additionally the Seahawks are owned by one of the richest men in the world...Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft.

I'm not asking for our stadium to be built exactly like this. I'm asking for the same kind of imagination to be put into it. Like I've said before, it looks like they designed our stadium using Madden.

Additionally, Qwest Field cost around half ($430M) what ours will. It's not about throwing money at it like you're insinuating Paul Allen did. It's about building something beautiful. That thing they want to put in Santa Clara is crap.

Your looking at a 3D render that wasn't intended to pursuade the public to like the design. It looks totally vanilla because we were never intended to make a judgement based on it.

If you read the info about the stadium you would see that it is intentionally built with an open architecture so that you can see almost everything from almost anywhere (including from the main concourse and the WIDE corridors...not just the seats). Look at that ground level pic again and you will see that you can see all of the people waling around monstrous corridors along the outside of the stadium. On the ground level near the street is also the future site of a 49ers store. That thing is about 5 min from where I currently sit and you KNOW I'll be over there...ALOT. ;-)

When we see some really well rendered versions of this stadium liek the one in this thread from ground level, I really think people will change their tune.

As for the cost of that stadium, that was several years ago and I'd like to see where you get your numbers.

By way of comparison, the new Cowboy stadium is 1.5 BILLION.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jun 1, 2009 at 16:18:49 ]
Well, since I doubt I will be going to any games, at least in the near future, I really don't care what it looks like, as longs most fans like it and the players can perform.

Yeah, it's hard for me to believe this is the best they could come up with. Not a lot of imagination went into that...thing. But hey it's new!

THIS is a stadium!

THAT is a stadium built in a place where it rains 70% of the time. Thats why it covers a large number of the seats, but can still call itself an "open air" stadium.

Additionally the Seahawks are owned by one of the richest men in the world...Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft.

I'm not asking for our stadium to be built exactly like this. I'm asking for the same kind of imagination to be put into it. Like I've said before, it looks like they designed our stadium using Madden.

Additionally, Qwest Field cost around half ($430M) what ours will. It's not about throwing money at it like you're insinuating Paul Allen did. It's about building something beautiful. That thing they want to put in Santa Clara is crap.

What is it, specifically, that you like so much about Quest Field?
Originally posted by 09etihW:

THIS is a stadium!

What is it, specifically, that you like so much about Quest Field?

It's a beautiful stadium. It's like with women. If she's pretty you shouldn't have to stand back, study her and pinpoint precisely why you think she's pretty. She just is. People here are rationalizing how our stadium is 'pretty' too. Eyeball it all you want. It isn't.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
an entire offseason spent talking about what the team wears, and what the decor looks like:

GAYEST..

OFFSEASON..

EVER

THIS is a stadium!

the public paid for most of that stadium though

[ Edited by schmons on Jun 1, 2009 at 21:27:13 ]
New...yeah....but its still a half@ss job. All the tech nowadays and thats the best they can do? Voters isnt going to vote for it just for this simple fact!!!! Good luck in March!!!

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future.htm

Look and compare. Yorks are a bunch of dumbasses. Im glad they dont want to build in SF bc Id probably would want to vote for this half@ss stadium.

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Jun 1, 2009 at 22:14:48 ]
Is that grass on top of the press/luxury boxes? Would be awesome to watch a game from up there.
A lot of you keep complaining about how boring the new stadium design looks, but form should follow function. Plus, do you know how expensive it would be to build a fancy new stadium in the bay area? In the state of this economy, we should just be happy with what we may be getting. I'm sure, when it gets built a lot your opinions will change!
I live in Seattle now and have seen a lot of Seahawk games on the tube as a result. I've also been inside Quest Field once for a college game. Here is what I like about it.

1) Unique design that acknowledges its Pacific NW setting. In other words, it is comfortable for the fans, even when the rains come.

2) Great sight lines.

3) The place is incredibly LOUD!!!!! Makes for a very exciting fan experience and certainly results in a great home field advantage.

4) Nearly all the seats are between the yard markers making it a very "intimate" place for 67,000 fans.

5) Has a separate end zone section for rowdy fans, keeping the families away from that crowd. The rowdy fans like that section and consider it a badge of honor to sit there. Would be perfect for the Niners if they end up sharing a stadium with the Raiders.

6) It is beautiful....inside and outside.....and fits with the skyline and neighborhood which includes Safeco Field, where the baseball Mariners play.

From what I have seen of the new Niners proposed stadium, it seems OK to me...a little bland but that can be fixed. I actually think it is a better stadium for the fans than the proposed one in LA which has many more end zone seats and a bowl that places those in the upper deck incredibly far from the field.

The new Niners stadium appears to try to place every fan as close to the field as possible. Now the designers just need to add a signature element to the stadium (like having the light standards look the ones at Kesar for example). I'm a fan of the new "retro" baseball parks which have elements of baseball parks past in them but also have all of the modern amentities. Why not have some of those nice touches in a football stadium too?

BTW, good thread....a lot of thought provoking comments.

Cheers!
i know what the fans who are complaining about the stadium want....

here you go... those little dangly things you see in all the other stadiums. that is the s**t that everyone seems to love.

oh wait.. this is for you suswheel, as you apparently creams yourself over night time render shots with lights. I added more of the railing for you too.

what do you think?

[ Edited by Rikimaru03 on Jun 1, 2009 at 23:38:34 ]

needs fireworks
Originally posted by schmons:
needs fireworks

DAMN IT! knew i forgot something
Originally posted by schmons:
needs fireworks

there you go
hey kevin, when you have time photoshop the giant coke bottle from att park next to the scoreboard
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by susweel:
Thats an ugly ass stadium. All the money in the bay area and they cant come up with is that ugly ass thing. Look at recent stadiums built and we get that.

Quick! Somebody photoshop some stars and laser beams into this picture and make this guy happy! If these architects can't make this rendering look like a Pixar film then the stadium will suck. The logic is undeniable. Oh yeah and York sucks too! Without the best looking stadium in the whole wide world we will never amount to more than a 4 win football team. I mean, it only makes sense.

Originally posted by MADMIKE:
wheres the night time pics with unnecessary lighting and fireworks? Then it would look waaaaaay cooler

bwahahaha... got you guys covered
Share 49ersWebzone