LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I don't think I've ever seen a field that gets tore up throughout a game as much as Levi's. So many enormous chunks of sod in dude's facemasks

It's funny you say that. I was on the field for the flag ceremony yesterday and I posted about how the grass looked amazing and that I wondered if it would hold up under cleats and play.

Guess that got answered.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't think I've ever seen a field that gets tore up throughout a game as much as Levi's. So many enormous chunks of sod in dude's facemasks

It's funny you say that. I was on the field for the flag ceremony yesterday and I posted about how the grass looked amazing and that I wondered if it would hold up under cleats and play.

Guess that got answered.

Lol yeah. I just don't get how this can still be an issue going into 4th season in the new stadium
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Guess that got answered.

Lol yeah. I just don't get how this can still be an issue going into 4th season in the new stadium

Whats the issue?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Whats the issue?

I think the issue is, that the field doesn't hold up to playing football on it.
Divots in grass are normal. You want the grass to give rather than player's joints, actually. I've seen nothing to suggest Levi's has worse divots than any other grass field these days.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 24, 2017 at 7:49 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Divots in grass are normal. You want the grass to give rather than player's joints, actually. I've seen nothing to suggest Levi's has worse divots than any other grass field these days.

Yeah me neither, I dont get it.

I think they are used to artificial turf so looking at grass fly everywhere upsets them for some reason
Originally posted by mayo49:
Whats the issue?

I think the issue is, that the field doesn't hold up to playing football on it.

Looks fine to me

I think they are used to artificial turf so looking at grass fly everywhere upsets them for some reason

Bingo.

The expectation is the grass look pristine AFTER a game. Doesn't work that way.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u guys check out the falcons stadium? Makes levis look like a port-a-potty.

You mean the sphincter dome?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Bingo.

i never noticed so many divots at Candlestick like I do at Levi's and that's a fact

Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Bingo.

i never noticed so many divots at Candlestick like I do at Levi's and that's a fact

your anecdotal observations are not facts, lol

Bingo.

I don't think anyone expects the grass to look pristine after a game. But it does seem to look worse DURING games than Candlestick ever did

Bingo.

I don't think anyone expects the grass to look pristine after a game. But it does seem to look worse DURING games than Candlestick ever did
big difference in grass types. I've been on both fields.
Stick felt like grass at normal neighborhood park but trimmed. Levi is like a putting green. extremely short and delicate
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
big difference in grass types. I've been on both fields.
Stick felt like grass at normal neighborhood park but trimmed. Levi is like a putting green. extremely short and delicate

I've never been on either one, but I was gonna say Levi's field reminds me of a putting green and it seems like instead of dirt underneath it has sand. It looks noticeably worse than Candlestick IMO and I think most ppl would agree.
I don't ever remember this being any type of issue back in the candlestick days
the arizona cardinals get voted by the players as the best field to play on year after year...WE USE THE SAME GRASS AS THEY DO
Share 49ersWebzone