LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Thats an ugly ass stadium. All the money in the bay area and they cant come up with is that ugly ass thing. Look at recent stadiums built and we get that.

I don't know if you've ever been to the Cardinals stadium, but the UFO that landed in the desert does not look all that great from the outside...
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by susweel:
Thats an ugly ass stadium. All the money in the bay area and they cant come up with is that ugly ass thing. Look at recent stadiums built and we get that.

This is not the new Jets/Giants stadium
why are people in love with the closed stadiums, they look butt ugly to me.

an outdoor stadium with the elements, thats football.
Hopefully they put something Unique inside the stadium to represent the 49ers.
Kinda like how the bucs have that pirate ship
  • Rochi516
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:
Hopefully they put something Unique inside the stadium to represent the 49ers.
Kinda like how the bucs have that pirate ship

They should put a big gold nugget somewhere. hahahahahaha
They need to close the gap in the Stands... It will make
it much Louder if they do...

A9R4Life

• 4gabe9
  • Info N/A
I prefer an open stadium remember Red Fog!
it's a stadium who cares what it looks like on the outside. If they got good food, good views of the field from all the seats, and overall good atmosphere then it's perfect
Originally posted by imdarchitect:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Why do you guys want something that looks like the Seahawks stadium? It looks like a giant airplane hanger ready to take off.

Guys, I am an architect. The biggest value in getting a stadium like the Seahawks, or many of the other new stadiums being designed, for that fact, is accoustics. Home field advantage takes on a whole new meaning when you begin to reflect sound back down to the field.

As far as design goes, I personally think the new stadium design is total crap! There are so many things you can do with a stadium to make them aesthetically pleasing as well as serving the function for their intened use(s).

I don't buy into some of the statements on this thread that it comes down to the cost to build in the bay area. Yes it costs more, but not that much.

At the end of the day I don't see that HNTB has ever done an NFL facility (at least none are listed on their website). I think the brass just hired somebody with a big name and portfolio and are not considering the benefit of good and current design.

NFL teams make billions of dollars every year. A modern stadium should be set apart from NCAA stadiums and I don't see how this one is.

Remember, this will be our facility for many years to come. Why shouldn't it look like it is the best? How many other teams have the history of the 49ers?

On another similar note. If you just look at what is being leaked as far as renderings and presentations, they look like complete amateurs did them. How can we, as fans, expect more from the intellecutal design or finished product of this facility if the design architect can't even produce images that communicate to us!

I have not seen anything from HTNB that would warrant calling this anything but a total and complete failure in design, accoustical understanding and communication.

Thank you for saying everything I'm thinking and backing it up with more cred than I have.

If you don't like future-y space ship design then fine. But you have to have SOME design. There are all kinds of ways a design can be made to look appealing, but this doesn't make use of any of them. If the concept is to take advantage of the weather and view and be more open and airy that's great. But EMPHASIZE that. Make deliberate design choices to highlight that.

Even if this isn't the final design, you'd think they try a little harder to make the mock up more exciting to at least generate some interest. This looks pretty bush league to me.

And FWIW, I might not be an architect, but I did got to art school, I do work in 3D animation, and I know crap when I see it.
I think it's been pointed out in previous posts, but these basic renderings have been clipped from a 14 month old City of Santa Clara zoning variance application and IN NO WAY are presented in a form to sway public opinion on the final design.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 29, 2009 at 17:43:29 ]

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by imdarchitect:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Why do you guys want something that looks like the Seahawks stadium? It looks like a giant airplane hanger ready to take off.

Guys, I am an architect. The biggest value in getting a stadium like the Seahawks, or many of the other new stadiums being designed, for that fact, is accoustics. Home field advantage takes on a whole new meaning when you begin to reflect sound back down to the field.

As far as design goes, I personally think the new stadium design is total crap! There are so many things you can do with a stadium to make them aesthetically pleasing as well as serving the function for their intened use(s).

I don't buy into some of the statements on this thread that it comes down to the cost to build in the bay area. Yes it costs more, but not that much.

At the end of the day I don't see that HNTB has ever done an NFL facility (at least none are listed on their website). I think the brass just hired somebody with a big name and portfolio and are not considering the benefit of good and current design.

NFL teams make billions of dollars every year. A modern stadium should be set apart from NCAA stadiums and I don't see how this one is.

Remember, this will be our facility for many years to come. Why shouldn't it look like it is the best? How many other teams have the history of the 49ers?

On another similar note. If you just look at what is being leaked as far as renderings and presentations, they look like complete amateurs did them. How can we, as fans, expect more from the intellecutal design or finished product of this facility if the design architect can't even produce images that communicate to us!

I have not seen anything from HTNB that would warrant calling this anything but a total and complete failure in design, accoustical understanding and communication.

Thank you for saying everything I'm thinking and backing it up with more cred than I have.

If you don't like future-y space ship design then fine. But you have to have SOME design. There are all kinds of ways a design can be made to look appealing, but this doesn't make use of any of them. If the concept is to take advantage of the weather and view and be more open and airy that's great. But EMPHASIZE that. Make deliberate design choices to highlight that.

Even if this isn't the final design, you'd think they try a little harder to make the mock up more exciting to at least generate some interest. This looks pretty bush league to me.

And FWIW, I might not be an architect, but I did got to art school, I do work in 3D animation, and I know crap when I see it.

how can we get this across to jed york?
does he have an email?
Originally posted by lamontb:
it's a stadium who cares what it looks like on the outside. If they got good food, good views of the field from all the seats, and overall good atmosphere then it's perfect

this
This is just sad. The stadium is like most of the building in Santa Clara or San Jose…functional with no style or pizzazz. A stadium is part of a city’s skyline and is a major component in establishing a cities identity. It also will establish a team’s identity.

In today’s NFL people want more then functional and if I am going to have to pay a seat license plus deal with a 50-100% increase in season tickets I sure as hell better get more then just a functional stadium.

With this stadium I do not see a Super Bowl coming to the Santa Clara anytime soon
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
This is just sad. The stadium is like most of the building in Santa Clara or San Jose…functional with no style or pizzazz. A stadium is part of a city’s skyline and is a major component in establishing a cities identity. It also will establish a team’s identity.

In today’s NFL people want more then functional and if I am going to have to pay a seat license plus deal with a 50-100% increase in season tickets I sure as hell better get more then just a functional stadium.

With this stadium I do not see a Super Bowl coming to the Santa Clara anytime soon

pump those breaks man! i don't think stadiums win championships...
We want Dallas at the 'Stick"
Share 49ersWebzone