LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The field situation makes the Yorks look like amatuers.
Went to the game and the stadium got loud. Of course not like in NFL but it was louder than in Candlestick. One of the things I didn't like was that you can't hear the loud speaker at all. I couldn't hear a thing they said. I'm watching the game on tv and you can hear it on tv, but when you're in the stadium you can't hear crap.

The really bad part is getting to the stadium and finding parking. Wow. What a mess. The stadium was sold out for the event and it was bad finding parking and getting around just the same as it was at Candlestick. Took the same amount of time (which is really bad). The positive difference was getting out. It only took about 30 minutes compare to an hour in Candlestick. We also left all the way till the end, so we left when everyone left.
[ Edited by luis1985 on Sep 6, 2014 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by luis1985:
Went to the game and the stadium got loud. Of course not like in NFL but it was louder than in Candlestick. One of the things I didn't like was that you can't hear the loud speaker at all. I couldn't hear a thing they said. I'm watching the game on tv and you can hear it on tv, but when you're in the stadium you can't hear crap.

The really bad part is getting to the stadium and finding parking. Wow. What a mess. The stadium was sold out for the event and it was bad finding parking and getting around just the same as it was at Candlestick. Took the same amount of time (which is really bad). The positive difference was getting out. It only took about 30 minutes compare to an hour in Candlestick. We also left all the way till the end, so we left when everyone left.

It never took me more than 15 minutes ti get into the lot at The Stick, and it never took more than 45minutes to be on 101 heading south when leaving a game. But then I went early when parking opened, and I left about 45 minutes after the game was over talking with friends. Grass was always great except in the early under flooding days.

You just have to know when to go and when to leave. If you dump yourself in the middle of all this population coming late. or going early you desrve all the jams you get.

Going to be interesting to see if all the new NFL dilettantes start leaving a game after half time like they did in the 2 preseason games; weak, weak, weak..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
How'd the field hold up? Any pics?
We went to the game about two hours before the game stated. So I thought it be enough time to avoid a lot of traffic but it wasn't. Traffic was horrible going to the stadium and getting around. Next time I'm going to try VTA. We would have taken VTA to see the soccer game but we wanted to see how it was driving. BTW food wasn't great either and they ran out of beer quick lol (people were getting hella mad because of no beer after waiting in line for a long time at half time). Food not worth the money (Hot dog, Chicken Panini, Pretzels, and Fries).

EDIT: Field was really bad. The ground looked hard and dry. Not ready at all. Might be by next week though.
[ Edited by luis1985 on Sep 7, 2014 at 3:10 AM ]
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The field situation makes the Yorks look like amatuers.

How does the professional turf installing company not getting the sand mix right the Yorks' fault?

The company they hired installs pro fields. They couldnt have foreseen the company doing their own specialized skill incorrectly...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Im here! 1st in line!!! What time do they normally open the gates?
So hope the stadium field is ready by next weekend!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Originally posted by luis1985:
We went to the game about two hours before the game stated. So I thought it be enough time to avoid a lot of traffic but it wasn't. Traffic was horrible going to the stadium and getting around. Next time I'm going to try VTA. We would have taken VTA to see the soccer game but we wanted to see how it was driving. BTW food wasn't great either and they ran out of beer quick lol (people were getting hella mad because of no beer after waiting in line for a long time at half time). Food not worth the money (Hot dog, Chicken Panini, Pretzels, and Fries).

EDIT: Field was really bad. The ground looked hard and dry. Not ready at all. Might be by next week though.

I'll preface by saying both preseason games were Sunday 1pm starts so was only dealing with Sunday morning traffic, but both times getting into and out of the stadium was a breeze, and an absolute dream compared to Candlestick. It's close to 30 miles FURTHER one-way for me to drive to Levi's, yet traffic, aggravation, and travel time all far less than it was with Candlestick. And zero issues with the concessions, no shortages of food/drink, and lines aren't long and move very quickly...but that was in the clubs so can't speak to other areas.
Haven't been to Levi's yet. Can anyone recommend a certain lot to tailgate in? I see a few of them permit BBQs, but trying to narrow down which one is best. Probably going to have 15-20 people.

Thanks
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Haven't been to Levi's yet. Can anyone recommend a certain lot to tailgate in? I see a few of them permit BBQs, but trying to narrow down which one is best. Probably going to have 15-20 people.

Thanks

talk to Stoney...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/179422-webzone-tailgate-party-thread-week-home-opener-chicago/
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
is the field fixed ?
Share 49ersWebzone