LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I always wondered why they didn't put down the turf they used at the practice facility next door. Oh well, I'm just glad they are trying to get it fixed asap
I really don't understand all the hype, this stuff is pretty normal (but it's of course centerpiece of discussion since it's a new stadium), sod is constantly replaced at stadiums on a weekly basis. If the sod doesn't hold up, they'll just use another type of sod (something native/adaptable to Santa Clara's soil). Zona has to constantly maintain their 'roll-out' sod within a separate greenhouse (which is also rolled out to sun exposure days before going into their stadium.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I really don't understand all the hype, this stuff is pretty normal (but it's of course centerpiece of discussion since it's a new stadium), sod is constantly replaced at stadiums on a weekly basis. If the sod doesn't hold up, they'll just use another type of sod (something native/adaptable to Santa Clara's soil). Zona has to constantly maintain their 'roll-out' sod within a separate greenhouse (which is also rolled out to sun exposure days before going into their stadium.

Yes. The Bay Area truly has a sensationalist media. Yes it is a fail that our turf isnin poor condition right now but this is a new home and we have to work out the kinks. It will be remedied so we all just have to have patience and trust that Jed and co will get this right. It ain't like the state of CA is erecting stadiums on a regular basis or the 49ers for that matter. This has been the most ambitious attempt at building an NFL stadium but once we iron out the wrinkles it will all pay off. This building will be legendary for what's gone into its design and intent of utility
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Anyone have any idea why they are digging out those holes?

I dont think those are holes. i think those are piles of sand ready to be removed from the field surface. those rakes they have in hand are being used to rake up the sand layer. i presume theyll be laying the correct type of sand before the lay the new grass down
Stadiums constantly replace the entire field on a weekly basis? It was reported that the Sod at Levy stadium cost over $1 million.
Why turn off the live cam?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Why turn off the live cam?

It'll come back on.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 22, 2014 at 1:49 AM ]
Looks like they got busy quick:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24671559/photo-levis-stadium-sod-fails-after-one-game-49ers-tearing-it-out

"Ironically, the Bandera Bermuda grass that was installed at Levi's in mid-April was picked because it was supposed to be able to withstand heavy foot traffic. "

outside of that patched area is gonna be dangerous

RIP players
Originally posted by RonMexico:
outside of that patched area is gonna be dangerous

RIP players

If you look at some of the other pictures, its sideline to sideline. I don't think that picture you are looking at is complete.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 30s
My colleague @sacbee_joed has learned that next week's high school games at Levi's Stadium are now off. Details to follow.

[ Edited by crabman82 on Aug 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM ]
Over reactive media at its "finest".
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 30s
My colleague @sacbee_joed has learned that next week's high school games at Levi's Stadium are now off. Details to follow.

Cancel the Sept 6 soccer match too. Give the grass plenty of time to take hold before the home opener.
Originally posted by TrungLam:
Cancel the Sept 6 soccer match too. Give the grass plenty of time to take hold before the home opener.

Yes! First things first. Niners!
Embarrassing.
Share 49ersWebzone