LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so much for that amazing grass that was growing for so long in turlock...it holds one event and its ruined
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Bald spot lol

Shemp should be consulted....
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Just install field turf like everyone else

As I just said on Seahawks.net...

...F*CK no. I hate that stuff. Football belongs on grass.

A lot of the newer synthetic turfs play just as well as grass...many of the kids I coach prefer turf over grass, although they don't exactly have NFL-caliber grass fields to compare it to. Turf fields keep getting higher marks in the annual NFLPA survey, especially FieldTurf, with Indy and Seattle consistently being among top-rated surfaces in the NFL. And while grass is still the preferred surface by most players, some grass fields like Oakland, Pittsburgh, and Chicago score very poorly.

As far as Levi's, like I mentioned in the other thread, I saw a lot players tamping down divots between plays. Hopefully it really is just the sand and this doesn't become a season-long issue, but still not the best look to have got something like that wrong on a brand-new, $1.2B stadium.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I give them props for pulling it up and making it happen. Would have been easy to just water it and hope for the best. This shows me they really do care and want the playing surface to be right.

They HAVE to fix it, they cant as you say "water it and hope for the best" They can get in trouble with the NFL, just like the Redskins almost did a few years ago when players were blowing out their knees left and right cuz of the field

There's a huge difference between what Levi's looked like and what washington's field looked like. lol

The point is you are giving them credit for something they HAVE to do, there was no other option they couldnt just water it and hope for the best

Pretty sure you don't know for a fact the nfl mandated they pull up the field and re-lay sod. They made the choice to do it in the best interest of player safety. If the nfl was forcing them to do it, we would have heard reports of them ordering the field changes.

They did it before the NFL stepped in to make them do it.

Within 72 hours of each home game, all clubs that own or lease their stadiums are required to certify that their fields are in compliance with Recommended Practices for the Maintenance of Infill and Natural Surfaces for NFL Games. If any parts of the playing surface are not in compliance, it must be remediated in accordance with the applicable manufacturer's recommendations at the club's expense. The playing surface must be retested and certified as being in compliance prior to game day. Failure to comply is considered a competitive as well as a player safety issue and will be subject to disciplinary action by the Commissioner's office.

Impact Hardness Test — The playing surface should produce a g-max of less than 100 g measured by the Clegg Hammer impact tester in locations as stated in the Recommended Practices for the Maintenance of Infill and Natural Surfaces for NFL Games.

Synthetic Infill Depth and Evenness — The infill depth of a playing surface should be measured by using the Floortest FT 50 to calibrate the thickness in locations as stated in the Recommended Practices for the Maintenance of Infill Surfaces for NFL Games.

Visual Inspection — The playing surface should be free of any defects or foreign objects through the visual inspection methods as stated in the Recommended Practices for the Maintenance of Infill and Natural Surfaces for NFL Games.

For each home game, clubs are responsible for having the field manager and his staff available to address any playing surface issues.
That field if left alone was not going to be playable come Sunday, especially with the other football game scheduled before. The Chargers were even in contact with the 49ers to see if the field was gonna be ready, they werent gonna let their players play on that s**t
I give them props for pulling it up and making it happen. Would have been easy to just water it and hope for the best. This shows me they really do care and want the playing surface to be right.

They HAVE to fix it, they cant as you say "water it and hope for the best" They can get in trouble with the NFL, just like the Redskins almost did a few years ago when players were blowing out their knees left and right cuz of the field

There's a huge difference between what Levi's looked like and what washington's field looked like. lol

The point is you are giving them credit for something they HAVE to do, there was no other option they couldnt just water it and hope for the best

Pretty sure you don't know for a fact the nfl mandated they pull up the field and re-lay sod. They made the choice to do it in the best interest of player safety. If the nfl was forcing them to do it, we would have heard reports of them ordering the field changes.

Translation: THEY CHOSE TO DO IT! Which makes me right and you wrong. Wtf are you arguing here?
fieldturf requires hardly any maintenance right? no water, no fertilizer...

maybe just for this year at least. they had since april to get the field done right and now its all f**ked up. lay some carpet for this season and try again next year

Translation: THEY CHOSE TO DO IT! Which makes me right and you wrong. Wtf are you arguing here?

Seriously?

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. You started off by saying they had no choice to fix it, yet they were never informed by the league that they had to fix it. At no point was the filed officially labeled as unsafe to play on. Therefore they made the CHOICE to replace the damaged area. As you said yourself, they decided to do something about it before a decision was made for them. They didn't have to do anything, but they chose to anyway. So again, what are you arguing here if what you posted contradicts the arguements you're trying to make? lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
so much for that amazing grass that was growing for so long in turlock...it holds one event and its ruined

haha to a John Legend concert nonetheless.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Has anyone tried to get on the Live Stadium View? It says that the page no longer exists. Did the team take it down because of the field situation?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Has anyone tried to get on the Live Stadium View? It says that the page no longer exists. Did the team take it down because of the field situation?

Probably. Pretty embarassing for a brand new supposed state of the art stadium.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's back up now.
Originally posted by mayo49:
It's back up now.

I don't think that's a live view. If they just laid that new sod it wouldn't be painted already, and the guy on the sideline hasn't moved an inch in a long time. lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think that's a live view. If they just laid that new sod it wouldn't be painted already, and the guy on the sideline hasn't moved an inch in a long time. lol

No, that's not live. The whole site was down before. That's what I was talking about. The Live View is constantly going down and then coming back up.
Share 49ersWebzone