There are 180 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erReign:
I do find it funny that people are trying to discredit the people who are complaining. I mean it is a fact. We were promised top class food and the food is pretty crappy. Promised great beer but most of the taps don't work. Promised blazing wifi and the wifi barely works. Promised better parking and it is worse than Candlestick.

Yeah most of it will get fixed (probably not the food) but those are legit complaints. Don't over promise and under deliver.

I do find it funny that people are trying to discredit the people who are complaining. I mean it is a fact. We were promised top class food and the food is pretty crappy. Promised great beer but most of the taps don't work. Promised blazing wifi and the wifi barely works. Promised better parking and it is worse than Candlestick.

Yeah most of it will get fixed (probably not the food) but those are legit complaints. Don't over promise and under deliver.

Just out of curiosity did you go to the stadium and experience this first hand?
It will look good on TV though.

When it's just an "a matter of fact" type conversation, no prob at all. Traffic sucked, Wifi was on and off, Staff not well trained yet, lines were long...all true.

Its all the "we should have stayed at Candlestick, how can they not get a 1.2 bil stadium off the ground, 19th century wifi, etc" comments that get on my nerves a bit. What did peeps expect? To me, its just like overreactions in preseason. This is all to be expected.

As far as the over promise and under deliver part...if we are still having these conversation when the stadium opens NEXT year, THEN I'll be on the side of those complaining. Until then...it's all par for the course.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Dont promise a state of the art Stadium spending billions of dollars and delivering a slightly upgraded candlestick instead

Yer funny.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yeah, this whole haha thread hijack thing is getting old. Somebody should do something about it.

This.

The whole point of having the MLS game was to find the areas that need tweaking to be 100%....
Originally posted by captveg:

The whole point of having the MLS game was to find the areas that need tweaking to be 100%....

Mission accomplished, they found lots of areas that need fixing.

Good. Now that's all settled.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
It's almost always gonna be windy there, just much warmer and probably not swirling.

I agree and like deserts, when the sun goes down, the winds pick up. It's hard to say re: the swirling, but to me, it did look like the flags where blowing around like Candlestick (i.e. one flag blowing S and the one next to it blowing N). Odd. What do you think about the morning and day games re: wind?

Dunno.

I work close by and the wind is sometimes pretty harsh, but most of the time its just a nice warm breeze. I don't think it'll be too big of an issue most of the time.

As for the Kickers and Punters...they practice next door so Andy Lee in particular should have pretty good practice out there.

We'll just have to see if the winds swirl like they did at Candlestick. I was there at about 6PM for the Open House and it seemed to just be blowing in one direction.

Agreed! One article says Any even has an app that has very accurate wind conditions. LOL. They'll have it mapped out like a pro golf course.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Good. Now that's all settled.

no we still haven't heard the end of it, especially from people who aren't even going lol
Worst new stadium ever?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Worst new stadium ever?

By far. 1970s design in 2014.
Being a internet troll has to the weirdest thing. Gaining some sort of strange satisfaction from being negative and instigating arguments lol OK sure. Do you also act this way in person or is it strictly on the internet. Are you normal people outside of this or would it immieditely make sense that you're a "internet troll" if we met you?

This is mostly directed at prism but anyone is free to answer.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone