LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lol
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Took the whole family to the MLS game over the w/e. We stayed across the parking lot at the Hilton (sound proof room and didn't have to deal with traffic). It was epic to watch the entire parking lot fill up 6.5 hours before kickoff from our room. Almost 50-thousand there and it didn't look like they sold any to the top levels which is where I'm guessing the other 20-thousand go. The team store was enormous, tons of variety of foods...all good too...even the nachos looked pretty basic but the chips were extra thick and the cheese was really good (almost like a queso but better...with red peppers for red/gold). It was 7:30 but the winds were just as bad as Candlestick minus the fog/marine layer and a bit chill if you're not used to NoCal. One of my favorite moments was just walking around the stadium and feeling how electric the environment was. My boy and I got to peer out of the back of the stadium and you have to love the view of the practice facility and all of the fields with the mountains in the backdrop...we got to see Bowman and his son walking into the facility as well (epic). You could tell the staff was genuinely using this experience to practice and get geared up for the season. Overall, it was a pretty historic night and a great experience. I think once they work out the kinks it's going to be smooth sailing for you all.

How did the field look!?!?!?

like painted dirt

LOL. No it was great...totally green, never saw any real divits except when one of the Navy Seals parachuted in and kicked up the ground a bit on a hard landing...much props to them. Those winds were stronger and stronger the higher they go. Dawson and Lee have their work cut out for them. It was beautiful there.
  • Jiks
like painted dirt

Be right at home then
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
like painted dirt

Be right at home then

lol
Took the whole family to the MLS game over the w/e. We stayed across the parking lot at the Hilton (sound proof room and didn't have to deal with traffic). It was epic to watch the entire parking lot fill up 6.5 hours before kickoff from our room. Almost 50-thousand there and it didn't look like they sold any to the top levels which is where I'm guessing the other 20-thousand go. The team store was enormous, tons of variety of foods...all good too...even the nachos looked pretty basic but the chips were extra thick and the cheese was really good (almost like a queso but better...with red peppers for red/gold). It was 7:30 but the winds were just as bad as Candlestick minus the fog/marine layer and a bit chill if you're not used to NoCal. One of my favorite moments was just walking around the stadium and feeling how electric the environment was. My boy and I got to peer out of the back of the stadium and you have to love the view of the practice facility and all of the fields with the mountains in the backdrop...we got to see Bowman and his son walking into the facility as well (epic). You could tell the staff was genuinely using this experience to practice and get geared up for the season. Overall, it was a pretty historic night and a great experience. I think once they work out the kinks it's going to be smooth sailing for you all.

How did the field look!?!?!?

like painted dirt

LOL. No it was great...totally green, never saw any real divits except when one of the Navy Seals parachuted in and kicked up the ground a bit on a hard landing...much props to them. Those winds were stronger and stronger the higher they go. Dawson and Lee have their work cut out for them. It was beautiful there.

It's almost always gonna be windy there, just much warmer and probably not swirling.
I've reported all of you.....for ur penance, you're all spending time in the shack @ the 'Stick while it's torn down...

....with Brian Jennings
Originally posted by Marvin49:
It's almost always gonna be windy there, just much warmer and probably not swirling.

I agree and like deserts, when the sun goes down, the winds pick up. It's hard to say re: the swirling, but to me, it did look like the flags where blowing around like Candlestick (i.e. one flag blowing S and the one next to it blowing N). Odd. What do you think about the morning and day games re: wind?
I agree.. so much crying about all the little things that any logical fan should've expected no matter what type of promises they thought were made, implicit or not. Parking, transportation, pricing, wifi? ... Come on. I only care about two things when it comes to the stadium if I'm there:

1. The fan noise
2. The game experience (fun game with a victory)

Everything else is extra fluff that I really don't care about because I understand the kind of things that come with a major sporting event no matter how much "planning and preparation" takes place.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I agree and like deserts, when the sun goes down, the winds pick up. It's hard to say re: the swirling, but to me, it did look like the flags where blowing around like Candlestick (i.e. one flag blowing S and the one next to it blowing N). Odd. What do you think about the morning and day games re: wind?

Dunno.

I work close by and the wind is sometimes pretty harsh, but most of the time its just a nice warm breeze. I don't think it'll be too big of an issue most of the time.

As for the Kickers and Punters...they practice next door so Andy Lee in particular should have pretty good practice out there.

We'll just have to see if the winds swirl like they did at Candlestick. I was there at about 6PM for the Open House and it seemed to just be blowing in one direction.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Nice, i was able to get a couple of SRO tix for a fraction of the cost of what regular tix would be ($50 each). It looks like it paid off to sign up for that 49erFaithful site a month ago. Got an email at 9:45am saying that SRO was going on sale at 10:00am.

Nice what game did you choose? I picked the Eagles game should be a good matchup

I chose STL. Wanted a divisional game and i have some buddies who are Rams fans. Plus that game worked out for me schedule-wise. PHI should be awesome. was looking at that game and KC, just couldn't make it work. How much did you pay?

I paid $165. The tickets for that game was $80. But STL should be awesome I'm sure they're gonna have a chip on their shoulder for us sweeping them last year so that game should be nice!

hey can i join in !

The stadium is not good
Dont promise a state of the art Stadium spending billions of dollars and delivering a slightly upgraded candlestick instead
[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 5, 2014 at 2:53 PM ]
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Got SRO tickets for my dad for Bronco, Bears, Redskins, and last game VS Cards. Price was well worth it for him.

Nice perk of being a season ticket holder.

Can't wait for the season to begin
holy s**t the grass got dry
I do find it funny that people are trying to discredit the people who are complaining. I mean it is a fact. We were promised top class food and the food is pretty crappy. Promised great beer but most of the taps don't work. Promised blazing wifi and the wifi barely works. Promised better parking and it is worse than Candlestick.

Yeah most of it will get fixed (probably not the food) but those are legit complaints. Don't over promise and under deliver.
Share 49ersWebzone