There are 205 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If shots were fired in a pre-season conflict, how can anyone think it's a good, safe idea to have the two teams share this stadium?

Sorry, but for a multitude of reasons, NO.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Niners816:
I just don't think jed and the head brass are going to share long term after going through the s**t they went through to get this 49er stadium built. I also think the disdain between the fanbases could lead to raider fans vandalizing levi. It would only take a few idiots to cause real damage.

Agreed. They've worked too hard to get this thing built. Being pressured by the commissioner to share it is like a slap in the face.

This new stadium is like sacred ground. The Raiders will just leave behind a losing stench on the field that I want no part of.

Same thing I was telling my wife. Raider fans will just come in and intentionally trash the place. They will tag the joint with graffiti and whatnot. Not a good idea at all. We deserve this new stadium and we don't need to invite trouble. I think this is why we are playing the regular season meet in OAK. I hope we never have them in Levi to play a game on our soil because their fans live too close and they will be sure to trash the joint. Haters!!!
I just don't think jed and the head brass are going to share long term after going through the s**t they went through to get this 49er stadium built. I also think the disdain between the fanbases could lead to raider fans vandalizing levi. It would only take a few idiots to cause real damage.

It isn't up to Jed though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Rosenberg ‏@RosenbergMerc

Lots of people fixated on Goodell's Raiders-at-Levi's comments. My reading of it was he was just re-iterating something he's said before.

Experience tells me anything - and I mean anything - about the Raiders sharing 49ers stadium gets spun into something much bigger than it is
[ Edited by Jcool on Jul 17, 2014 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:
It isn't up to Jed though.

Unfortunately i get this, and I'm sure jed will say the right thing in public but I gotta believe he will try to discourage this from happening. You are dead on right though, godell gets what he wants. It was pretty s**tty timing for him to discuss this on ribbon cutting day. The nfl needs to be really careful though because this is a delicate situation been raider and niner fans.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 17, 2014 at 6:04 PM ]
Unfortunately i get this, and I'm sure jed will say the right thing in public but I gotta believe he will try to discourage this from happening. You are dead on right though, godell gets what he wants. It was pretty s**tty timing for him to discuss this on ribbon cutting day. The nfl needs to be really careful though because this is a delicate situation been raider and niner fans.

after watching the ceremony, He was asked a question about it.. He didnt just randomly bring it up him self.. Have em play in Berkeley..
Originally posted by awol36:
after watching the ceremony, He was asked a question about it.. He didnt just randomly bring it up him self.. Have em play in Berkeley..

I just watched myself too. I still wished he would have brushed it off alittle more than he did. It has sort taken over the ribbon cutting. Hell, it's a top headline on espn.com.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If shots were fired in a pre-season conflict, how can anyone think it's a good, safe idea to have the two teams share this stadium?

Ya I can't believe Goodell even brought it up after what's happened in past pre season games
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sameoldkhakis:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Ya I can't believe Goodell even brought it up after what's happened in past pre season games

Lol you guys act like the fans are gonna live at the stadium.
Originally posted by susweel:

where else would the raider fans live?

they've probably been kicked out of the homeless shelters in the bay area already

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

where else would the raider fans live?

they've probably been kicked out of the homeless shelters in the bay area already

It doesn't take but a few minutes for someone that already has it on their minds to seriously deface our new digs. I can see Raider fans going en masse with a calculated and organized approach towards trashing the joint. I give them one Sunday and we would regret it!

evrythin's gonn' 'splode....peepuhlz gonn' DIE
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
We gonna find our stadium gutted out and on blocks lol
We can't play each other but they will let's us share a stadium...

Think about that..it's not happening
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Yeah they definitely need 2 stadiums.

Use the other stadium for the Raiders.

Finally wouldn't be blacked out.

Exactly.

And also, my God, I can't imagine letting the Raiders into Levi's. Honestly, I could care less about them playing there, and I could care less about 90% of the fans; but a minority of them are going to vandalize the place. They are going to write "49ers suck" on the walls. scratch Raider logo's into the seats etc.

It would be a disaster.

You mean *couldn't care less.

Anyone who is ok with sharing with the Raiders is agreeing to have a "black hole" in the 49ers stadium.
Share 49ersWebzone