LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anybody trying to get rid of their seats yet!?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
hey what happened to the new stadium thread

stoney had to mess it all up

The NFL just announced Superbowl fifty will be just that, '50' instead of the Roman numeral 'L'. The SB 50 committee successfully lobbied for this one-time change mostly due to the letter L association with "loser." We just pwned Roger Gestapell haha!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
The NFL just announced Superbowl fifty will be just that, '50' instead of the Roman numeral 'L'. The SB 50 committee successfully lobbied for this one-time change mostly due to the letter L association with "loser." We just pwned Roger Gestapell haha!

good. we just had a super bowl l, dont need another one
Originally posted by crabman82:

good. we just had a super bowl l, dont need another one

Also, the '50' is a bold 3-D font that's colored gold. Yay! (We better win that MF.)
Has anybody else ever won a Super Bowl in their own stadium? Or will we be the first?
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Has anybody else ever won a Super Bowl in their own stadium? Or will we be the first?

its never happened. every year a team who is a contender is hosting the super bowl, you always hear from their fans how they're going to be the first and what not. 49ers did win at stanford once though.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

its never happened. every year a team who is a contender is hosting the super bowl, you always hear from their fans how they're going to be the first and what not. 49ers did win at stanford once though.

Agreed I've heard it every single year from players and fans but wasn't sure if it's ever happened before thanks crabman
RIP "new stadium pics and info" :(
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ernie_ojeda88:
RIP "new stadium pics and info" :(

lol

I still hate that they are using the generic Super Bowl logo and font that debuted for 45.

I'm fine with using "50" instead of "L"

It works out okay since 50 is a huge milestone to celebrate anyways.
Superb Owl 50!

That's too bad. It's a sign of the times I guess.

It's the equivalent of banning the use of the word "b***h" at the Westminster dog show, something you would do for an audience of children. Kinda sad that the NFL feels its viewers aren't mature enough for a roman numeral "L".
Originally posted by BrianGO:

That's too bad. It's a sign of the times I guess.

It's the equivalent of banning the use of the word "b***h" at the Westminster dog show, something you would do for an audience of children. Kinda sad that the NFL feels its viewers aren't mature enough for a roman numeral "L".

That super bowl trophy will look weird next to all the other ones at 4949 Centenial.
Share 49ersWebzone