LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like the look. I am more concerned it will be breezy through the concourse areas. Being by the bay there is always a small breeze towards the end of the day. I wonder if the stadium will funnel the wind through certain areas.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Aren't you the same guy who posted a while back saying that due to parking issues there will be no tailgating at the new stadium? Looks like you were dead wrong on that one.

And why do these people have a right to be pissed off that they were priced out of the new stadium?

THIS. They have no right to be mad. WTF? Should the Niners subsidize people (and they are if they're selling it for less than market value) because some long time season ticket holders don't want to pay more? Hell no, they shouldn't. This is a brand new stadium. A MUCH better experience than Candlestick, which is why it costs way more and should. They're having no problem selling out, so from a business stand point I think they know a little more than Bali.

Also, a lot of the long time holders were getting an insane deal at Candletsick for years and then reselling making a s**t ton. Get out of here with your "I'm a victim because I don't have NFL season tickets" mentality.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

that grassy area way up top. WHAT IS IT!?

That is the StOnEy333 Herbal Medicinal Deck.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by JW40NINER:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by cNiner:
the ugliest f**king stadium in the league

...sigh.

Got seats? It's well designed for the site, not the least bit ugly and it's exactly where it should be. There's just a small chance that most of the real fans will like it and be in the seats for the first game against the Bears. Will you? Or will the hideous design keep you away?

Did you quote the wrong person, here?

Was wondering same thing...lol.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Aren't you the same guy who posted a while back saying that due to parking issues there will be no tailgating at the new stadium? Looks like you were dead wrong on that one.

And why do these people have a right to be pissed off that they were priced out of the new stadium?

THIS. They have no right to be mad. WTF? Should the Niners subsidize people (and they are if they're selling it for less than market value) because some long time season ticket holders don't want to pay more? Hell no, they shouldn't. This is a brand new stadium. A MUCH better experience than Candlestick, which is why it costs way more and should. They're having no problem selling out, so from a business stand point I think they know a little more than Bali.

Also, a lot of the long time holders were getting an insane deal at Candletsick for years and then reselling making a s**t ton. Get out of here with your "I'm a victim because I don't have NFL season tickets" mentality.

Ya.

Look...I genuinely feel bad for fans that have been season ticket holder for many years, go to nearly all the games, and simply couldn't afford to buy seats. That sucks.

However....

a Couple things....

1) Municipalities don't build stadiums anymore. That's a fact of life. Especially in CA. That means if you want a stadium built, it won't come from tax dollars. It will come from the people who actually attend the games. If you look at it from that perspective, its actually more fair because people who don't give 2 sh*ts about football aren't the ones footing the bill. Its the people who want to go to the games who have to pay.

2) They needed a new stadium. This wasn't just a matter of pride or a matter of greed. Candlestick was FIFETY years old, wasn't designed for football, and was literally falling apart. The city hadn't been doing its required maintenance for years. They were never going to stay there.

3) I REALLY don't feel sorry for the peeps who have been selling their sweet seats in between the 30s for decades at huge markups. Boo-hoo...you can't afford a club seat. Get over it. You're gravy train is over. There were other much cheaper options presented to you and you elected not to choose them.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I wish Bill could have seent it

I have.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Ya.

Look...I genuinely feel bad for fans that have been season ticket holder for many years, go to nearly all the games, and simply couldn't afford to buy seats. That sucks.

However....

a Couple things....

1) Municipalities don't build stadiums anymore. That's a fact of life. Especially in CA. That means if you want a stadium built, it won't come from tax dollars. It will come from the people who actually attend the games. If you look at it from that perspective, its actually more fair because people who don't give 2 sh*ts about football aren't the ones footing the bill. Its the people who want to go to the games who have to pay.

2) They needed a new stadium. This wasn't just a matter of pride or a matter of greed. Candlestick was FIFETY years old, wasn't designed for football, and was literally falling apart. The city hadn't been doing its required maintenance for years. They were never going to stay there.

3) I REALLY don't feel sorry for the peeps who have been selling their sweet seats in between the 30s for decades at huge markups. Boo-hoo...you can't afford a club seat. Get over it. You're gravy train is over. There were other much cheaper options presented to you and you elected not to choose them.

But .. but .. The Yorks are billionaires they should have just paid to build the stadium themselves.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I wish Bill could have seent it

I have.

• sfout
  • Veteran

that grassy area way up top. WHAT IS IT!?

That is the StOnEy333 Herbal Medicinal Deck.

if only. in all seriousness it is a "Green roof" -- it is literally a bed of various vegetation and plants that usually need no maintenance other than the typical amount of rain water they receive.

Helps keep the structure it covers cooler than normal among other things, which in turn means lower utilities costs and emissions, it is one of the reasons that the stadium will be Net Zero on the energy grid on game days.

Perhaps it's beautiful on the inside where you are spending most of your time watching the game, but that is not what is most important. What is most important is how it looks from the outside, especially from the parking lot. That's the real purpose of a football stadium, to look good on the outside for those few minutes when you are walking to your seat.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

Perhaps it's beautiful on the inside where you are spending most of your time watching the game, but that is not what is most important. What is most important is how it looks from the outside, especially from the parking lot. That's the real purpose of a football stadium, to look good on the outside for those few minutes when you are walking to your seat.

And really the only damn time a stadium really looks cool is from aerial shots anyway. I have been to Lambeau twice, once prior and once after the renovations. Neither time did I think to myself "Man Lambeau looks sooo coool" but each time I went I did HATE the fact that I was sitting on a metal bleacher in Green Bay in the middle of winter.
Call me crazy but I like the look of the outside of the stadium
most trees are blue
Originally posted by lucky_49:
most trees are blue

All the leaves are brown.
Originally posted by lucky_49:
most trees are blue

All the leaves are brown.

i said blue
Share 49ersWebzone