There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

New member here. cant wait for training camp!
[ Edited by MichaelSam on May 17, 2014 at 7:13 PM ]
Originally posted by MichaelSam:
I wonder how long before glory holes start to appear.

BWAAAAAAHAHWHAHAHAHA, holy s**t, you are soooooo funny Michael Sam......whoa, so original, did Oprah let you play on the internet un supervised for Sat night fun time......???
Originally posted by MichaelSam:
New member here. cant wait for training camp!

I'm sure you are. Have a fun, probably short, stay.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I just realized looking at this pic that they must really be planning on hosting a lot of major soccer events. That's pretty much the only reason to make the grass area so wide. The only thing I can think of that would require that much grass is a full size regulation FIFA field.



I think this pic has been widened by the lens, I don't think it's to scale.

I think I you're trying too hard. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I just realized looking at this pic that they must really be planning on hosting a lot of major soccer events. That's pretty much the only reason to make the grass area so wide. The only thing I can think of that would require that much grass is a full size regulation FIFA field.



I think this pic has been widened by the lens, I don't think it's to scale.

I think I you're trying too hard. lol



Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I just realized looking at this pic that they must really be planning on hosting a lot of major soccer events. That's pretty much the only reason to make the grass area so wide. The only thing I can think of that would require that much grass is a full size regulation FIFA field.



I think this pic has been widened by the lens, I don't think it's to scale.

I think I you're trying too hard. lol


No, it's clear it's been widened, besides SF doesn't have a soccer team......
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 110,859




Looks perfect for soccer. The grass is so wide it can have soccer and still have room. I could see seats being pushed up over time.
[ Edited by jrg on May 17, 2014 at 7:26 PM ]
I guess it's a good sign that our stadium resembles Ford Field. That place gets pretty damn loud (yes i know it's a dome), just saying could be a good sign.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I guess it's a good sign that our stadium resembles Ford Field. That place gets pretty damn loud (yes i know it's a dome), just saying could be a good sign.

Exactly
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Exactly

That because fans are screaming in agony
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,756
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
The photo below I edited from the original picture I posted. What's not blacked out is considered the lower bowl. The rest are the upper decks.



Kind of confusing but with that in mind, looks to me just as big (probably bigger) as Ford Field's.

I'm not sure how much capacity Ford Field's lower bowl holds but Levi's will hold about 45,000 (most in the NFL) out of the 68,000-69,000 seats (2/3 capacity).

Link

i didnt realize that the middle deck was considered the lower bowl still. thats kind of cheaty.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 830
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
no.
Are you annoyed by the discussion about the new stadium inside the "new stadium pics and info thread"? If so then consider my mind blown. If instead you are working on your creative writing skills with the whole "hands on hips equals ugly carpet" rant than I applaud you good sir.

  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 830
Did any of you guys notice our stadium has an odd resemblance to the Colosseum from the movie Gladiator? Pretty sure it has more seats though...
Originally posted by MichaelSam:
New member here. cant wait for training camp!

Oh this will be good...
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Did any of you guys notice our stadium has an odd resemblance to the Colosseum from the movie Gladiator? Pretty sure it has more seats though...

Lol I see what you did there
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
The photo below I edited from the original picture I posted. What's not blacked out is considered the lower bowl. The rest are the upper decks.



Kind of confusing but with that in mind, looks to me just as big (probably bigger) as Ford Field's.

I'm not sure how much capacity Ford Field's lower bowl holds but Levi's will hold about 45,000 (most in the NFL) out of the 68,000-69,000 seats (2/3 capacity).

Link

i didnt realize that the middle deck was considered the lower bowl still. thats kind of cheaty.

Not really. On the 2nd level of comparable stadiums, you would be considerably higher than you would at Levi's.