LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
mayo gonna make the mayo when they put the stripes on the field.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
I was referring to single game tickets via ticketmaster, which the team typically releases sometime after the schedule is released for about face value or close to that. Not sure how it will be this year.

There will be none of that. Stadium is completely season ticket holders.

Did not know that. Thanks
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
mayo gonna make the mayo when they put the stripes on the field.

I was referring to single game tickets via ticketmaster, which the team typically releases sometime after the schedule is released for about face value or close to that. Not sure how it will be this year.

It's not totally true. I responded on the previous page. Season tix is at 95%. There will be single game seats at some point, but its going to be very minimal.
Man this stadium is going to be so loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to have a true home field advantage.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

It's not totally true. I responded on the previous page. Season tix is at 95%. There will be single game seats at some point, but its going to be very minimal.

Yup. A stadium can't be 100% season ticket holders. There has to be seats made available to the visiting team for family and such. A certain amount is set aside for each game. If tickets go unclaimed, they are sold to the public.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Just a few things to know...
-Stubhub charges 15% of of sale, Ticket exchange charges 10% so that seems like an easy choice. I believe Stubhub may have more users.
-And ticket exchange is much easier to use as it is directly linked to your ticket holder's account.
-List your tickets early
a. list tickets after a big win - for some reason, tickets always sell really well after a big win
b. list tickets several weeks early, and set a "declining" method (not sure if Stubhub does this). You will get the most money if you sell your tickets early. The longer you wait, the closer you are likely to get closer to face value, or maybe even less
c. I typically search prices in my section and comparable sections for a good starting point. If you are several weeks early, do not worry about listing the tickets higher than others
-You can also sell on Craigslist, but make sure you meet in a public location. If you are selling for a good amount ($200+/ticket), I would not recommend doing this. Others would likely disagree, but I am not comfortable exchanging large sums of money with complete strangers.
-Don't sell to your friends/family. Everyone I know does not want to pay the premium, but insists on paying what I have paid for them. You are losing money if you do this.

Most importantly, I want to reiterate to list your tickets early. Good Luck!

As a first time season ticket holder, this is gold. Thanks for the advice!

I wouldn't listen to all of it. Actually StubHub changed their fees this year. To 10%. But even last year StubHub was 15% to the seller and 10% to the buyer. TicketExchange is 10% to the seller and 15% to the buyer. It is the same price to the buyer and the fees get added at checkout of ticketmaster which seems to spook some people off. I found StubHub sells way better than TE. Pretty much sell exclusively on SH, they are just the standard and seem to get way more traffic and they give you a lot more interesting analytics to figure out how to price your tickets.

And I would sell to friends and family for face. Not just because I am a nice guy but because I am not a hog, I don't want to get slaughtered. Yeah you can charge a huge premium right now since the team is good. But when the team is crap those people you sold to for face will still want their tickets for face (even though they could get them for under on the secondary market). I would say use some common sense.

Feel like selling me tickets to one of the unpopular games for face?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yup. A stadium can't be 100% season ticket holders. There has to be seats made available to the visiting team for family and such. A certain amount is set aside for each game. If tickets go unclaimed, they are sold to the public.

the more you know...

Awesome. I flew out from Chicago for multiple home and away games in the past 3 years and paid a lot (2-3 times face value). Just trying to get a feel for how much more expensive Levi's will be compared to Candlestick.
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Apr 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
but its so boxy and unoriginal!

Really tho, not one damn curve in the building, all angular and super module looking. Why is the screen not centered in it's area I wonder, it's off to the side inline with the end of the section; what's up with that?

Not a fan of this stadium, it is new tho..oh goodie.

Check out how most long time Niner fans feel about the stadium, go to comments at the bottom of: http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

Here are just a few>>
I don't see how a "more corporate fan base" will make a better scene at Levi's Stadium. There will surely be less troublemakers, but its also pricing out most blue-collar fans. Seeing how big of a business the NFL has become has turned me off to the game in a lot of respects.

>>
Wouldn't it be karma if Levi Stadium is much quieter than Candlestick due to the fact that the high cost of seat licenses and tickets have resulted in many seats being purchased by corporations and not die hard fans. Corporate execs entertaining customers at games most likely will not be nearly as loud as the average rabid football fan.

>>
I don't care how much better the viewing will be. The bottom line is my family has had 49er season tix since 1947. We supported them faithfully through the lean years. To keep our 4 good seats in Levi Stadium would cost us $320,000 license fees, then $15,000 per year for the tickets, and that price will go up after 3 years. 49ER$! greed. That's no way to treat you most loyal, longtime faithful fans. It hurts less these days each time the Niners lose after being treated this way by the 49ER$.

>>
Mr. Purdy also failed to tell his readers that Levi's is in the direct flight path of San Jose Mineta Airport. Who, & what builds a stadium that near a Major Airport's take off strip??? Do tell Mr. Purdy....

And here is the full on FAIL
>>
Tailgating is severely restricted in the little parking that has signed up to be part of the parking overlay. Many will have NO tailgating at all. NOT tailgating at all in the new Santa Clara parking garage, NO tailgating in the few spaces (stadium patrons get to use 592 of 2173) in the Convention Center garage. Very limited number of the 4448 of 6535 in the Great America parking lot will be tailgating friendly too.

Bottom line ... Tailgating as faithful knew it is gone ... And the Yorks knew it all along. Bye, bye tailgating .

No tailgating, no checking in with friends from decades of cheering together, no big a$$ steak to wolf down before the game, no more nothin.

In a word about this: Fuk this stadium for what the vibe will be, and for not taking care of non corporate actual real football fans; NOT fans of events.

Sorry, many, many feel this way. Going to a NFL 49er game is more than sitting in your pretty shiny new seat, far more, and a lot of that is gone now due to greed

somebody call the whaaaaaaaambulance

holy s**t. You thought I was serious? lawls.

Awesome. I flew out from Chicago for multiple home and away games in the past 3 years and paid a lot (2-3 times face value). Just trying to get a feel for how much more expensive Levi's will be compared to Candlestick.

Based on what I saw on stubhub it's going to be pricey. The cheapest tix I found in were in sections 300-400 were $191 for the STL game. I think the face value for the tix were around $75, at least that's what my buddy with season tix told me.

Based on what I saw on stubhub it's going to be pricey. The cheapest tix I found in were in sections 300-400 were $191 for the STL game. I think the face value for the tix were around $75, at least that's what my buddy with season tix told me.

Nice. Another thing to consider is if the view from the 300/400 level is better at Levi's than that of Candlestick? The view from 300s at Soldier field and Lambeau are actually pretty good. Wonder if Levi's would be similar to those stadiums.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

the more you know...

True not 100% but I doubt the tickets not held by season ticket holders will be released by the team to the general public.

Hoping to get tickets for near face value this year? Good luck.
True not 100% but I doubt the tickets not held by season ticket holders will be released by the team to the general public.

If those tickets aren't released to the general public then who else would they be released to?

If those tickets aren't released to the general public then who else would they be released to?

As Stoney said, the players will get some for family friends, some go to the visiting team. I highly doubt the 49ers are going to make some tickets available on the open market for face value. Just my opinion. Would be a slap in the face to the people who purchased PSLs if people could get game tickets at face value. And if they do release some it is going to be vary vary small amount. Don't expect there to be a couple of thousand tickets the 49ers release to general public at face value every game.
Share 49ersWebzone